An Old School Catholic Message Board

The 150 Psalms

Resurrexi

[b]Psalms 98:[/b]

1 O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.
2  The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
3  He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
4  ¶Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
5  Sing unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm.
6  With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.
7  Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
8  Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
9  Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

[b]Psalms 99:[/b]

1  ¶The LORD reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved.
2  The LORD is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people.
3  Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy.
4  The king's strength also loveth judgment; thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in Jacob.
5  Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy.
6  ¶Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them.
7  He spake unto them in the cloudy pillar: they kept his testimonies, and the ordinance that he gave them.
8  Thou answeredst them, O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions.
9  Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

[b]Psalms 100:[/b]

1  David psalmus misericordiam et iudicium cantabo tibi Domine psallam
2  et intellegam in via inmaculata quando venies ad me perambulabam in innocentia cordis mei in medio domus meae
3  non proponebam ante oculos meos rem iniustam facientes praevaricationes odivi non adhesit mihi
4  cor pravum declinante a me maligno non cognoscebam
5  detrahentem secreto proximo suo hunc persequebar superbo oculo et insatiabili corde cum hoc non edebam
6  oculi mei ad fideles terrae ut sederent mecum ambulans in via inmaculata hic mihi ministrabat
7  non habitabat in medio domus meae qui facit superbiam qui loquitur iniqua non direxit in conspectu oculorum meorum
8  in matutino interficiebam omnes peccatores terrae ut disperderem de civitate Domini omnes operantes iniquitatem

[b]Psalms 101:[/b]

1  A psalm for David himself. Mercy and judgment I will sing to thee, O Lord: I will sing,
2  and I will understand in the unspotted way, when thou shalt come to me. I walked in the innocence of my heart, in the midst of my house.
3  I did not set before my eyes any unjust thing: I hated the workers of iniquities.
4  The perverse heart did not cleave to me: and the malignant, that turned aside from me, I would not know.
5  The man that in private detracted his neighbour, him did I persecute. With him that had a proud eye, and an unsatiable heart, I would not eat.
6  My eyes were upon the faithful of the earth, to sit with me: the man that walked in the perfect way, he served me.
7  He that worketh pride shall not dwell in the midst of my house: he that speaketh unjust things did not prosper before my eyes.
8  In the morning I put to death all the wicked of the land: that I might cut off all the workers of iniquity from the city of the Lord.

[b]Psalms 102:[/b]

1  The prayer of the poor man, when he was anxious, and poured out his supplication before the Lord.
2  Hear, O Lord, my prayer: and let my cry come to thee.
3  Turn not away thy face from me: in the day when I am in trouble, incline thy ear to me. In what day soever I shall call upon thee, hear me speedily.
4  For my days are vanished like smoke: and my bones are grown dry like fuel for the fire.
5  I am smitten as grass, and my heart is withered: because I forgot to eat my bread.
6  Through the voice of my groaning, my bone hath cleaved to my flesh.
7  I am become like to a pelican of the wilderness: I am like a night raven in the house.
8  I have watched, and am become as a sparrow all alone on the housetop.
9  All the day long my enemies reproached me: and they that praised me did swear against me.
10  For I did eat ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping.
11  Because of thy anger and indignation: for having lifted me up thou hast thrown me down.
12  My days have declined like a shadow, and I am withered like grass.
13  But thou, O Lord, endurest for ever: and thy memorial to all generations.
14  Thou shalt arise and have mercy on Sion: for it is time to have mercy on it, for the time is come.
15  For the stones thereof have pleased thy servants: and they shall have pity on the earth thereof.
16  And the Gentiles shall fear thy name, O Lord, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
17  For the Lord hath built up Sion: and he shall be seen in his glory.
18  He hath had regard to the prayer of the humble: and he hath not despised their petition.
19  Let these things be written unto another generation: and the people that shall be created shall praise the Lord:
20  Because he hath looked forth from his high sanctuary: from heaven the Lord hath looked upon the earth.
21  That he might hear the groans of them that are in fetters: that he might release the children of the slain:
22  That they may declare the name of the Lord in Sion: and his praise in Jerusalem;
23  When the people assemble together, and kings, to serve the Lord.
24  He answered him in the way of his strength: Declare unto me the fewness of my days.
25  Call me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are unto generation and generation.
26  In the beginning, O Lord, thou foundedst the earth: end the heavens are the works of thy hands.
27  They shall perish but thou remainest: and all of them shall grow old like a garment: And as a vesture thou shalt change them, and they shall be changed.
28  But thou art always the selfsame, and thy years shall not fail.
29  The children of thy servants shall continue: and their seed shall be directed for ever.

[b]Psalms 103:[/b]

1  ipsi David benedic anima mea Domino Domine Deus meus magnificatus es vehementer confessionem et decorem induisti
2  amictus lumine sicut vestimento extendens caelum sicut pellem
3  qui tegis in aquis superiora eius qui ponis nubem ascensum tuum qui ambulas super pinnas ventorum
4  qui facis angelos tuos spiritus et ministros tuos ignem urentem
5  qui fundasti terram super stabilitatem suam non inclinabitur in saeculum saeculi
6  abyssus sicut vestimentum amictus eius super montes stabunt aquae
7  ab increpatione tua fugient a voce tonitrui tui formidabunt
8  ascendunt montes et descendunt campi in locum quem fundasti eis
9  terminum posuisti quem non transgredientur neque convertentur operire terram
10  qui emittis fontes in convallibus inter medium montium pertransibunt aquae
11  potabunt omnes bestiae agri expectabunt onagri in siti sua
12  super ea volucres caeli habitabunt de medio petrarum dabunt vocem
13  rigans montes de superioribus suis de fructu operum tuorum satiabitur terra
14  producens faenum iumentis et herbam servituti hominum ut educas panem de terra
15  et vinum laetificat cor hominis ut exhilaret faciem in oleo et panis cor hominis confirmat
16  saturabuntur ligna campi et cedri Libani quas plantavit
17  illic passeres nidificabunt erodii domus dux est eorum
18  montes excelsi cervis petra refugium erinaciis
19  fecit lunam in tempora sol cognovit occasum suum
20  posuisti tenebras et facta est nox in ipsa pertransibunt omnes bestiae silvae
21  catuli leonum rugientes ut rapiant et quaerant a Deo escam sibi
22  ortus est sol et congregati sunt et in cubilibus suis conlocabuntur
23  exibit homo ad opus suum et ad operationem suam usque ad vesperum
24  quam magnificata sunt opera tua Domine omnia in sapientia fecisti impleta est terra possessione tua
25  hoc mare magnum et spatiosum manibus illic reptilia quorum non est numerus animalia pusilla cum magnis
26  illic naves pertransibunt draco iste quem formasti ad inludendum ei
27  omnia a te expectant ut des illis escam in tempore
28  dante te illis colligent aperiente te manum tuam omnia implebuntur bonitate
29  avertente autem te faciem turbabuntur auferes spiritum eorum et deficient et in pulverem suum revertentur
30  emittes spiritum tuum et creabuntur et renovabis faciem terrae
31  sit gloria Domini in saeculum laetabitur Dominus in operibus suis
32  qui respicit terram et facit eam tremere qui tangit montes et fumigant
33  cantabo Domino in vita mea psallam Deo meo quamdiu sum
34  iucundum sit ei eloquium meum ego vero delectabor in Domino
35  deficiant peccatores a terra et iniqui ita ut non sint benedic anima mea Domino

cathoholic_anonymous

[b]Psalm 103[/b]

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name.
2Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and do not forget all his benefits—
3who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4who redeems your life from the Pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5who satisfies you with good as long as you live*
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

6The Lord works vindication
and justice for all who are oppressed.
7He made known his ways to Moses,
his acts to the people of Israel.
8The Lord is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
9He will not always accuse,
nor will he keep his anger for ever.
10He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.
11For as the heavens are high above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love towards those who fear him;
12as far as the east is from the west,
so far he removes our transgressions from us.
13As a father has compassion for his children,
so the Lord has compassion for those who fear him.
14For he knows how we were made;
he remembers that we are dust.

15As for mortals, their days are like grass;
they flourish like a flower of the field;
16for the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
and its place knows it no more.
17But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
on those who fear him,
and his righteousness to children’s children,
18to those who keep his covenant
and remember to do his commandments.

19The Lord has established his throne in the heavens,
and his kingdom rules over all.
20Bless the Lord, O you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
obedient to his spoken word.
21Bless the Lord, all his hosts,
his ministers that do his will.
22Bless the Lord, all his works,
in all places of his dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul.

KnightofChrist

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible - Psalm 104

1 Alleluia. Give glory to the Lord, and call upon his name: declare his deeds among the Gentiles.

2 Sing to him, yea sing praises to him: relate all his wondrous works.

3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.

4 Seek ye the Lord, and be strengthened: seek his face evermore.

5 Remember his marvellous works which he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth.

6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant; ye sons of Jacob his chosen.

7 He is the Lord our God: his judgments are in all the earth.

8 He hath remembered his covenant for ever: the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.

9 Which he made to Abraham; and his oath to Isaac:

10 And he appointed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting testament:

11 Saying: To thee will I give the land of Chanaan, the lot of your inheritance.

12 When they were but a small number: yea very few, and sojourners therein:

13 And they passed from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people.

14 He suffered no man to hurt them: and he reproved kings for their sakes.

15 Touch ye not my anointed: and do no evil to my prophets.

16 And he called a famine upon the land: and he broke in pieces all the support of bread.

17 He sent a man before them: Joseph, who was sold for a slave.

18 They humbled his feet in fetters: the iron pierced his soul,

19 Until his word came. The word of the Lord inflamed him.

20 The king sent, and he released him: the ruler of the people, and he set him at liberty.

21 He made him master of his house, and ruler of all his possession.

22 That he might instruct his princes as himself, and teach his ancients wisdom.

23 And Israel went into Egypt: and Jacob was a sojourner in the land of Cham.

24 And he increased his people exceedingly: and strengthened them over their enemies,

25 He turned their heart to hate his people: and to deal deceitfully with his servants.

26 He sent Moses his servant: Aaron the man whom he had chosen.

27 He gave them power to shew his signs, and his wonders in the land of Cham.

28 He sent darkness, and made it obscure: and grieved not his words.

29 He turned their waters into blood, and destroyed their fish.

30 Their land brought forth frogs, in the inner chambers of their kings.

31 He spoke, and there came divers sorts of flies and sciniphs in all their coasts.

32 He gave them hail for rain, a burning fire in the land.

33 And he destroyed their vineyards and their fig trees: and he broke in pieces the trees of their coasts.

34 He spoke, and the locust came, and the bruchus, of which there was no number.

35 And they devoured all the grass in their land, and consumed all the fruit of their ground.

36 And he slew all the firstborn in their land: the firstfruits of all their labour.

37 And he brought them out with silver and gold: and there was not among their tribes one that was feeble.

38 Egypt was glad when they departed: for the fear of them lay upon them.

39 He spread a cloud for their protection, and fire to give them light in the night.

40 They asked, and the quail came: and he filled them with the bread of heaven.

41 He opened the rock, and waters flowed: rivers ran down in the dry land.

42 Because he remembered his holy word, which he had spoken to his servant Abraham.

43 And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness.

44 And he gave them the lands of the Gentiles: and they possessed the labours of the people:

45 That they might observe his justifications, and seek after his law.

Psalm 105

Confitemini Domino. A confession of the manifold sins and ingratitudes of the Israelites. Alleluia.

1 Alleluia. Give glory to the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 Who shall declare the powers of the Lord? who shall set forth all his praises?
3 Blessed are they that keep judgment, and do justice at all times.
4 Remember us, O Lord, in the favour of thy people: visit us with thy salvation.
5 That we may see the good of thy chosen, that we may rejoice in the joy of thy nation: that thou mayst be praised with thy inheritance.

6 We have sinned with our fathers: we have acted unjustly, we have wrought iniquity.
7 Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt: they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies: And they provoked to wrath going up to the sea, even the Red Sea.
8 And he saved them for his own name's sake: that he might make his power known.
9 And he rebuked the Red Sea, and it was dried up: and he led them through the depths, as in a wilderness.
10 And he saved them from the hand of them that hated them: and he redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.

11 And the water covered them that afflicted them: there was not one of them left.
12 And they believed his words: and they sang his praises.
13 They had quickly done, they forgot his works: and they waited not for his counsels.
14 And they coveted their desire in the desert: and they tempted God in the place without water.
15 And he gave them their request: and sent fulness into their souls.

16 And they provoked Moses in the camp, Aaron the holy one of the Lord.
17 The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan: and covered the congregation of Abiron.
18 And a fire was kindled in their congregation: the flame burned the wicked.
19 They made also a calf in Horeb: and they adored the graven thing.
20 And they changed their glory into the likeness of a calf that eateth grass.

21 They forgot God, who saved them, who had done great things in Egypt,
22 Wondrous works in the land of Cham: terrible things in the Red Sea.
23 And he said that he would destroy them: had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach: To turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.
24 And they set at nought the desirable land. They believed not his word,
25 And they murmured in their tents: they hearkened not to the voice of the Lord.

26 And he lifted up his hand over them: to overthrow them in the desert;
27 And to cast down their seed among the nations, and to scatter them in the countries.
28 They also were initiated to Beelphegor: and ate the sacrifices of the dead.
29 And they provoked him with their inventions: and destruction was multiplied among them.
30 Then Phinees stood up, and pacified him: and the slaughter ceased.

[size=1][i][color="#808080"]28 "Initiated"... That is, they dedicated, or consecrated themselves to the idol of the Moabites and Madianites, called Beelphegor, or Baal-Peor. Num. 25. 3.-- Ibid.

28 "The dead"... Viz., idols without life. [/color][/i][/size]

31 And it was reputed to him unto justice, to generation and generation for evermore.
32 They provoked him also at the waters of contradiction: and Moses was afflicted for their sakes:
33 Because they exasperated his spirit. And he distinguished with his lips.
34 They did not destroy the nations of which the Lord spoke unto them.
35 And they were mingled among the heathens, and learned their works:

[size=1][i][color="#808080"]33 "He distinguished with his lips"... Moses, by occasion of the people's rebellion and incredulity, was guilty of distinguishing with his lips; when, instead of speaking to the rock, as God had commanded, he said to the people, with a certain hesitation in his faith, Hear ye, rebellious and incredulous: Can we from this rock bring out water for you? Num. 20. 10.[/color][/i][/size]

36 And served their idols, and it became a stumblingblock to them.
37 And they sacrificed their sons, and their daughters to devils.
38 And they shed innocent blood: the blood of their sons and of their daughters which they sacrificed to the idols of Chanaan. And the land was polluted with blood,
39 And was defiled with their works: and they went aside after their own inventions.
40 And the Lord was exceedingly angry with his people: and he abhorred his inheritance.

41 And he delivered them into the hands of the nations: and they that hated them had dominion over them.
42 And their enemies afflicted them: and they were humbled under their hands:
43 Many times did he deliver them. But they provoked him with their counsel: and they were brought low by their iniquities.
44 And he saw when they were in tribulation: and he heard their prayer.
45 And he was mindful of his covenant: and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

46 And he gave them unto mercies, in the sight of all those that had made them captives.
47 Save us, O Lord, our God: and gather us from among nations: That we may give thanks to thy holy name, and may glory in thy praise.
48 Blessed be the Lord the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say: So be it, so be it.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Book Of Psalms
Psalm 106

Confitemini Domino. All are invited to give thanks to God for his perpetual providence over men. Alleluia.

1 Give glory to the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 Let them say so that have been redeemed by the Lord, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy: and gathered out of the countries.
3 From the rising and the setting of the sun, from the north and from the sea.
4 They wandered in a wilderness, in a place without water: they found not the way of a city for their habitation.
5 They were hungry and thirsty: their soul fainted in them.

6 And they cried to the Lord in their tribulation: and he delivered them out of their distresses.
7 And he led them into the right way: that they might go to a city of habitation.
8 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him: and his wonderful works to the children of men.
9 For he hath satisfied the empty soul, and hath filled the hungry soul with good things.
10 Such as sat in darkness and in the shadow of death: bound in want and in iron.

11 Because they had exasperated the words of God: and provoked the counsel of the most High:
12 And their heart was humbled with labours: they were weakened, and their was none to help them.
13 Then they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he delivered them out of their distresses.
14 And he brought them out of darkness, and the shadow of death; and broke their bonds in sunder.
15 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him, and his wonderful works to the children of men.

16 Because he hath broken gates of brass, and burst the iron bars.
17 He took them out of the way of their iniquity: for they were brought low for their injustices.
18 Their soul abhorred all manner of meat: and they drew nigh even to the gates of death.
19 And they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he delivered them out of their distresses.
20 He sent his word, and healed them: and delivered them from their destructions.

21 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him: and his wonderful works to the children of men.
22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifice of praise: and declare his works with joy.
23 They that go down to the sea in ships, doing business in the great waters:
24 These have seen the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep.
25 He said the word, and there arose a storm of wind: and the waves thereof were lifted up.

26 They mount up to the heavens, and they go down to the depths: their soul pined away with evils.
27 They were troubled, and reeled like a drunken man; and all their wisdom was swallowed up.
28 And they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he brought them out of their distresses.
29 And he turned the storm into a breeze: and its waves were still.
30 And they rejoiced because they were still: and he brought them to the haven which they wished for.

31 Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him, and his wonderful works to the children of men.
32 And let them exalt him in the church of the people: and praise him in the chair of the ancients.
33 He hath turned rivers into a wilderness: and the sources of water into dry ground:
34 A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.
35 He hath turned a wilderness into pools of water, and a dry land into water springs.

36 And hath placed there the hungry; and they made a city for their habitation.
37 And they sowed fields, and planted vineyards: and they yielded fruit of birth.
38 And he blessed them, and they were multiplied exceedingly: and their cattle he suffered not to decrease.
39 Then they were brought to be few: and they were afflicted through the trouble of evils and sorrow.
40 Contempt was poured forth upon their princes: and he caused them to wander where there was no passing, and out of the way.

41 And he helped the poor out of poverty: and made him families like a flock of sheep.
42 The just shall see, and shall rejoice, and all iniquity shall stop their mouth.
43 Who is wise, and will keep these things: and will understand the mercies of the Lord?

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

[b]Psalms 107:[/b]

1  Give glory to the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2  Let them say so that have been redeemed by the Lord, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy: and gathered out of the countries.
3  From the rising and the setting of the sun, from the north and from the sea.
4  They wandered in a wilderness, in a place without water: they found not the way of a city for their habitation.
5  They were hungry and thirsty: their soul fainted in them.
6  And they cried to the Lord in their tribulation: and he delivered them out of their distresses.
7  And he led them into the right way: that they might go to a city of habitation.
8  Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him: and his wonderful works to the children of men.
9  For he hath satisfied the empty soul, and hath filled the hungry soul with good things.
10  Such as sat in darkness and in the shadow of death: bound in want and in iron.
11  Because they had exasperated the words of God: and provoked the counsel of the most High:
12  And their heart was humbled with labours: they were weakened, and their was none to help them.
13  Then they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he delivered them out of their distresses.
14  And he brought them out of darkness, and the shadow of death; and broke their bonds in sunder.
15  Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him, and his wonderful works to the children of men.
16  Because he hath broken gates of brass, and burst the iron bars.
17  He took them out of the way of their iniquity: for they were brought low for their injustices.
18  Their soul abhorred all manner of meat: and they drew nigh even to the gates of death.
19  And they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he delivered them out of their distresses.
20  He sent his word, and healed them: and delivered them from their destructions.
21  Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him: and his wonderful works to the children of men.
22  And let them sacrifice the sacrifice of praise: and declare his works with joy.
23  They that go down to the sea in ships, doing business in the great waters:
24  These have seen the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep.
25  He said the word, and there arose a storm of wind: and the waves thereof were lifted up.
26  They mount up to the heavens, and they go down to the depths: their soul pined away with evils.
27  They were troubled, and reeled like a drunken man; and all their wisdom was swallowed up.
28  And they cried to the Lord in their affliction: and he brought them out of their distresses.
29  And he turned the storm into a breeze: and its waves were still.
30  And they rejoiced because they were still: and he brought them to the haven which they wished for.
31  Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him, and his wonderful works to the children of men.
32  And let them exalt him in the church of the people: and praise him in the chair of the ancients.
33  He hath turned rivers into a wilderness: and the sources of water into dry ground:
34  A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.
35  He hath turned a wilderness into pools of water, and a dry land into water springs.
36  And hath placed there the hungry; and they made a city for their habitation.
37  And they sowed fields, and planted vineyards: and they yielded fruit of birth.
38  And he blessed them, and they were multiplied exceedingly: and their cattle he suffered not to decrease.
39  Then they were brought to be few: and they were afflicted through the trouble of evils and sorrow.
40  Contempt was poured forth upon their princes: and he caused them to wander where there was no passing, and out of the way.
41  And he helped the poor out of poverty: and made him families like a flock of sheep.
42  The just shall see, and shall rejoice, and all iniquity shall stop their mouth.
43  Who is wise, and will keep these things: and will understand the mercies of the Lord?

[b]Psalms 108:[/b]

1  A canticle of a psalm for David himself.
2  My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready: I will sing, and will give praise, with my glory.
3  Arise, my glory; arise, psaltery and harp: I will arise in the morning early.
4  I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: and I will sing unto thee among the populations.
5  For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth even unto the clouds.
6  Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens, and thy glory over all the earth:
7  that thy beloved may be delivered. Save with thy right hand and hear me.
8  God hath spoken in his holiness. I will rejoice, and I will divide Sichem and I will mete out the vale of tabernacles.
9  Galaad is mine, and Manasses is mine and Ephraim the protection of my head. Juda is my king:
10  Moab the pot of my hope. Over Edom I will stretch out my shoe: the aliens are become my friends.
11  Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom?
12  Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our armies?
13  O grant us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.
14  Through God we shall do mightily: and he will bring our enemies to nothing.

Psalm 108 (Douay Rheims) [size=1](109 in the NAB)[/size]
Deus, laudem meam. David in the person of Christ, prayeth against his persecutors; more especially the traitor Judas: foretelling and approving his just punishment for his obstinacy in sin and final impenitence.

108:1. Unto the end, a psalm for David.
[color="#808080"]Pro victoria David canticum[/color]

108:2. O God, be not thou silent in my praise: for the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful man is opened against me.
[color="#808080"]Deus laudabilis mihi ne taceas quia os impii et os dolosi contra me apertum est[/color]

108:3. They have spoken against me with deceitful tongues; and they have compassed me about with words of hatred; and have fought against me without cause.
[color="#808080"]Locuti sunt de me lingua mendacii verbis odii circumdederunt me et expugnaverunt me frustra[/color]

108:4. Instead of making me a return of love, they detracted me: but I gave myself to prayer.
[color="#808080"]Pro eo quod eos diligebam adversabantur mihi ego autem orabam[/color]

108:5. And they repaid me evil for good: and hatred for my love.
[color="#808080"]Et posuerunt contra me malum pro bono et odium pro dilectione mea[/color]

108:6. Set thou the sinner over him: and may the devil stand at his right hand.
[color="#808080"]Constitue super eum impium et Satan astet a dextris eius[/color]
[size=1][color="#A0522D"]Set thou the sinner over him, etc... Give to the devil, that arch-sinner, power over him: let him enter into him, and possess him. The imprecations, contained in the thirty verses of this psalm, are opposed to the thirty pieces of silver for which Judas betrayed our Lord; and are to be taken as prophetic denunciations of the evils that should befall the traitor and his accomplices the Jews; and not properly as curses.[/color][/size]

108:7. When he is judged, may he go out condemned; and may his prayer be turned to sin.
[color="#808080"]Cum fuerit iudicatus exeat condemnatus et oratio eius sit in peccatum[/color]

108:8. May his days be few: and his bishopric let another take.
[color="#808080"]Fiant dies eius parvi episcopatum eius accipiat alter[/color]

108:9. May his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
[color="#808080"]Sint filii eius pupilli et uxor eius vidua[/color]

108:10. Let his children be carried about vagabonds, and beg; and let them be cast out of their dwellings.
[color="#808080"]Instabiles vagentur liberi eius et mendicent et quaerantur in parietinis suis[/color]

108:11. May the usurer search all his substance: and let strangers plunder his labours.
[color="#808080"]Scrutetur exactor universa quae habet et diripiant alieni laborem eius[/color]

108:12. May there be none to help him: nor none to pity his fatherless offspring.
[color="#808080"]Non sit qui eius misereatur nec qui clemens sit in pupillos eius[/color]

108:13. May his posterity be cut off; in one generation may his name be blotted out.
[color="#808080"]Fiat novissimum eius interitus in generatione altera deleatur nomen eius[/color]

108:14. May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered in the sight of the Lord: and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
[color="#808080"]Redeat in memoria iniquitas patrum eius apud Deum et iniquitas matris eius ne deleatur[/color]

108:15. May they be before the Lord continually, and let the memory of them perish from the earth:
[color="#808080"]Sit contra Dominum semper et intereat de terra memoria eorum[/color]

108:16. Because he remembered not to show mercy,
[color="#808080"]Eo quod non est recordatus facere misericordiam[/color]

108:17. But persecuted the poor man and the beggar; and the broken in heart, to put him to death.
[color="#808080"]Et persecutus est virum inopem et pauperem et conpunctum corde ut interficeret[/color]

108:18. And he loved cursing, and it shall come unto him: and he would not have blessing, and it shall be far from him. And he put on cursing, like a garment: and it went in like water into his entrails, and like oil in his bones.
[color="#808080"]Et dilexit maledictionem quae veniet ei et noluit benedictionem quae elongabitur ab eo et indutus est maledictione quasi vestimento suo et ingredietur quasi aqua in viscera eius et quasi oleum in ossa eius[/color]

108:19. May it be unto him like a garment which covereth him; and like a girdle with which he is girded continually.
[color="#808080"]Sit ei quasi pallium quo circumdatur et quasi cingulum quo semper accingitur[/color]

108:20. This is the work of them who detract me before the Lord; and who speak evils against my soul.
[color="#808080"]Haec est retributio his qui adversantur mihi a Domino et qui loquuntur malum contra animam meam[/color]

108:21. But thou, O Lord, do with me for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is sweet. Do thou deliver me,
[color="#808080"]Tu autem Deus Domine fac mecum propter nomen tuum quoniam bona est misericordia tua libera me[/color]

108:22. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is troubled within me.
[color="#808080"]Quoniam egenus et pauper sum et cor meum vulneratum est intrinsecus[/color]

108:23. I am taken away like the shadow when it declineth: and I am shaken off as locusts.
[color="#808080"]Quasi umbra cum inclinatur abductus sum et excussus quasi lucusta[/color]

108:24. My knees are weakened through fasting: and my flesh is changed for oil.
[color="#808080"]Genua mea vacillaverunt a ieiunio et caro mea mutata est absque oleo[/color]
[size=1][color="#A0522D"]For oil... Propter oleum. The meaning is, my flesh is changed, being perfectly emaciated and dried up, as having lost all its oil or fatness.[/color][/size]

108:25. And I am become a reproach to them: they saw me and they shaked their heads.
[color="#808080"]Et ego factus sum obprobrium eis videntes me moverunt caput suum[/color]

108:26. Help me, O Lord my God; save me; according to thy mercy.
[color="#808080"]Adiuva me Domine Deus meus salva me secundum misericordiam tuam[/color]

108:27. And let them know that this is thy hand: and that thou, O Lord, hast done it.
[color="#808080"]Et sciant quoniam manus tua haec tu Domine fecisti eam[/color]

108:28. They will curse and thou wilt bless: let them that rise up against me be confounded: but thy servant shall rejoice.
[color="#808080"]Maledicent illi et tu benedices restiterunt et confundentur servus autem tuus laetabitur[/color]

108:29. Let them that detract me be clothed with shame: and let them be covered with their confusion as with a double cloak.
[color="#808080"]Induantur adversarii mei confusione et operiantur quasi indumento confusione sua[/color]

108:30. I will give great thanks to the Lord with my mouth: and in the midst of many I will praise him.
[color="#808080"]Confitebor Domino vehementer in ore meo et in medio populorum laudabo eum[/color]

108:31. Because he hath stood at the right hand of the poor, to save my soul from persecutors.
[color="#808080"]Quoniam stabit a dextris pauperis ut salvet a iudicibus animam eius[/color]

Amen.

Psalm 109 (Douay-Rheims)

Dixit Dominus. Christ's exaltation and everlasting priesthood.

1 A psalm for David.

The Lord said to my Lord: Sit thou at my right hand: Until I make thy enemies thy footstool.
2 The Lord will send forth the sceptre of thy power out of Sion: rule thou in the midst of thy enemies.
3 With thee is the principality in the day of thy strength: in the brightness of the saints: from the womb before the day star I begot thee.
4 The Lord hath sworn, and he will not repent: Thou art a priest for ever according to the order of Melchisedech.
5 The Lord at thy right hand hath broken kings in the day of his wrath.
6 He shall judge among nations, he shall fill ruins: he shall crush the heads in the land of many.
7 He shall drink of the torrent in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Psalms 110:[/b]

1  The Lord said to my Lord: Sit thou at my right hand: Until I make thy enemies thy footstool.
2  The Lord will send forth the sceptre of thy power out of Sion: rule thou in the midst of thy enemies.
3  With thee is the principality in the day of thy strength: in the brightness of the saints: from the womb before the day star I begot thee.
4  The Lord hath sworn, and he will not repent: Thou art a priest for ever according to the order of Melchisedech.
5  The Lord at thy right hand hath broken kings in the day of his wrath.
6  He shall judge among nations, he shall fill ruins: he shall crush the heads in the land of the many.
7  He shall drink of the torrent in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.