An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Free!

Starets

Well, my court hearing was this mnorning. It was a success. Now my student loans have been included in my bankruptcy of 2001. by canadian law they do not get included until 10 years after you leave school. so now my financial impediment is cleared and [b]IM FREEEEEEEEEEEE[/b]

*ahem
I am moderatedly and in a balanced way excited about that

I told the Abbot and vocations director of CiD by email just after i got out of the courthouse. I suggested an entrance date just after easter 2008 but i havent heard back yet (naturally) so its way too early to start a countdown!

Thanks for the wellwishing. things are looking up. The Novice Master said that a start date just after Easter 2008 is fine by him. I'm still waiting for a green light from the Abbot, but, he has other things to do besides deal with a middle-aged freak from Canada who wants to join the community God has entrusted to him! :giggle:

It's official!

I'll be there end of March 2008. Bit early for a countdown though! Guess I better start in on gettting the right visa application and then go from there. I don't have any relatives within a thousand miles of here, so, when I leave, I really do leave!

Now I understand why certain things have happened over the last several months. I was being "groomed" for quick entrance after the court hearing.

[b]I'M FFFFRRRREEEEEEEE!!!![/b]
LAUDAMUS TE!
GLORIFICAMUS TE!
BENEDICAMUS DOMINO!

VeniteAdoremus

Wow, Staretz, that's really, really wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

And it's nice to know that yet another applicant has overcome the problems of debt on the way to the monastery :)

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Staretz' post='1361182' date='Aug 17 2007, 01:53 PM']Thanks for the wellwishing. things are looking up. The Novice Master said that a start date just after Easter 2008 is fine by him. I'm still waiting for a green light from the Abbot, but, he has other things to do besides deal with a middle-aged freak from Canada who wants to join the community God has entrusted to him! :giggle:[/quote]

where are you entering?? sorry...i'm late in all of this. :sweat: