An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Free!

Starets

VA: Yes it's wonderful. I would have joined the Broke Daughters but, as PP can attest to, I'm a boy!

OeL: I am entering the Monastery of Christ in the Desert in New Mexico

DtA: I will miss you too, my friend. Much love and prayers for you :)

Well, I'll need a Religious Worker visa but before I can do that I will need to renew my Passport. It expires at the end of may 2008. I still think i can get everything arranged in time but I will need to get a wiggle on.

wiggle wiggle wiggle!

[quote name='Staretz' post='1364335' date='Aug 20 2007, 02:17 PM']It's official!

I'll be there end of March 2008. Bit early for a countdown though! Guess I better start in on gettting the right visa application and then go from there. I don't have any relatives within a thousand miles of here, so, when I leave, I really do leave!

Now I understand why certain things have happened over the last several months. I was being "groomed" for quick entrance after the court hearing.

[b]I'M FFFFRRRREEEEEEEE!!!![/b]
LAUDAMUS TE!
GLORIFICAMUS TE!
BENEDICAMUS DOMINO![/quote]

Aleluya!!!!!!!

[quote name='Staretz' post='1365450' date='Aug 21 2007, 03:45 AM']Well, I'll need a Religious Worker visa but before I can do that I will need to renew my Passport. It expires at the end of may 2008.[/quote]

Go directly to your main passport office. I went to get mine here last week, and if I applied anywhere BUT the main office, the wait was 18 weeks. At the main office, the wait is only 10 days :)

Stage One complete!

I booked the day off and went straight to the main passport office here in Downtown Ottawa. In less than 2 hours my application for renewal was accepted. I should have my new passport by mid September.

Lately I have had some of the old novelty song "Gitarzan" running through my head:

He's free as the breeze
He's always at ease
He lives in the jungle and hangs by his knees
As he swings through the trees
Without a trapeze
In his BVD's

[quote name='Staretz' post='1369856' date='Aug 24 2007, 09:44 AM']Stage One complete!

I booked the day off and went straight to the main passport office here in Downtown Ottawa. In less than 2 hours my application for renewal was accepted. I should have my new passport by mid September.

Lately I have had some of the old novelty song "Gitarzan" running through my head:

He's free as the breeze
He's always at ease
Without a trapeze
In his BVD's[/quote]

Um, I remember that song too-- :lol_above: are you just a bit giddy with joy?

Stage Two complete!

I now have my baptismal and confirmation record and forwarded off the date of my chrismation to the abbot. He's going to be writing a reference letter in support of a Religious Workers Visa. Once my new passport arrives, I will book an appointment with Fortress America, er I mean the American Embassy in town, for the visa application. I'm getting differing information about how long it will take to get the visa.

In the meantime, I have my novelty tunes to keep me cheerful, among other things. Now I can ponder such weighty matters as (courtesy of "Does your Chewing Gum Lose its Flavour on the Bedpost Overnight?) "If Tin whistles are made of Tin, what do they make Fog Horns out of?"

• 3 weeks later...

Stage Three Complete :)

I have my new passport today and booked an appointment with Fortress America, er I mean the American Embassy for September 18th. That's right. Next Tuesday! I was anticipating a 41 day wait time so I guess there was a cancellation of some sort. So I could have the necessary visa by the end of the month. I'm just amazed at how fast things are moving, AND ITS ABOUT BLOODY WELL TIME :)
and deo gratias :)

anyway, here is something for your musical pleasure:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v7Gv9slJv0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v7Gv9slJv0[/url]

He's free as the breeze
He's always at ease
Without a trapeze
... In his BVD's

Wow. It's amazing how things are just working out, and fast!

You are in my prayers.

BTW, wasn't that the monastery that had like a series where five men tried their monastic life out? That looked like a really nice monastery.

[quote name='Staretz' post='1384561' date='Sep 12 2007, 09:56 PM']Stage Three Complete :)

I have my new passport today and booked an appointment with Fortress America, er I mean the American Embassy for September 18th. That's right. Next Tuesday! I was anticipating a 41 day wait time so I guess there was a cancellation of some sort. So I could have the necessary visa by the end of the month. I'm just amazed at how fast things are moving, AND ITS ABOUT BLOODY WELL TIME :)
and deo gratias :)

anyway, here is something for your musical pleasure:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v7Gv9slJv0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v7Gv9slJv0[/url]

He's free as the breeze
He's always at ease
Without a trapeze
... In his BVD's[/quote]

Gosh I understand ... I'm trying to figure out things the other way around (US to Argentina). In my best spanish accent: Ay!

So here's a song:

Ay ay ay ay, canta y no llores
=> ay,ay,ay,ay, sing and don't cry
porque cantando se allegra cielito mio los corazones.
=> 'cuz by singing, my (little sky, term of endearment), the hearts are gladdened.

hee hee hee (or in spanish je je je :) )

Edited by cmariadiaz

[quote name='salterrae' post='1384580' date='Sep 12 2007, 09:24 PM']BTW, wasn't that the monastery that had like a series where five men tried their monastic life out? That looked like a really nice monastery.[/quote]

Yes, that is the same monastery. I was in the chapter room when the production company made its pitch to the monks.

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1384592' date='Sep 12 2007, 10:34 PM']Gosh I understand ... I'm trying to figure out things the other way around (US to Argentina).[/quote]
Ooo! I'm second generation Argentinian. :cool:

[quote name='Staretz' post='1384755' date='Sep 13 2007, 05:25 AM']Yes, that is the same monastery. I was in the chapter room when the production company made its pitch to the monks.[/quote]
Awesome. My brother and I watched every episode, except the last, since we didn't realize it was going to be shown earlier than usual. We loved it. :cool: