Apotheoun Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 The unasked and unanswered question bubbling beneath the surface of the last few posts in this thread is: What is the nature of the relationship between Tradition and authority in the Catholic Church?
Lil Red Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 [quote name='St. Benedict' post='1362836' date='Aug 19 2007, 11:04 AM']Here's how I look at it. "Traditional Catholic" = Someone who is really Catholic "Catholic" = Someone who may or may not truly be Catholic That is why I always refer to myself as a Traditional Catholic.[/quote] regardless as such, if you are Catholic, you have still been baptised into Christ's Church, and by the manner of your baptism still have those graces. no matter how bad a Catholic you are. [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1362883' date='Aug 19 2007, 11:48 AM']yes. arrogant, indeed.[/quote]
Moneybags Posted August 19, 2007 Author Posted August 19, 2007 "The true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but men of tradition." Pope St. Pius X
Sojourner Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1363298' date='Aug 19 2007, 05:40 PM']non-sequitor, party of 1, your table's ready.[/quote]
Jaime Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 "The root of this schismatic act can be discerned in an incomplete and contradictory notion of Tradition. Incomplete, because it does not take sufficiently into account the living character of Tradition, which, as the Second Vatican Council clearly taught, "comes from the apostles and progresses in the Church with the help of the Holy Spirit. There is a growth in insight into the realities and words that are being passed on. This comes about in various ways. It comes through the contemplation and study of believers who ponder these things in their hearts. It comes from the intimate sense of spiritual realities which they experience. And it comes from the preaching of those who have received, along with their right of succession in the episcopate, the sure charism of truth"." Ecclesia Dei
StColette Posted August 20, 2007 Posted August 20, 2007 wow i can see my attempt earlier to get this back on topic didn't work!
Resurrexi Posted August 20, 2007 Posted August 20, 2007 [quote name='StColette' post='1363592' date='Aug 19 2007, 08:15 PM']wow i can see my attempt earlier to get this back on topic didn't work![/quote] apparently
Moneybags Posted August 20, 2007 Author Posted August 20, 2007 [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1363298' date='Aug 19 2007, 06:40 PM']non-sequitor, party of 1, your table's ready.[/quote] Maybe you should spend less time insulting Traditional Catholics and use that extra time with spell check or proof-reading. You mean [i]Non sequitur[/i] not [i]non-sequitor[/i]. I'd rather be at a table of one than at the buffet table of modernists. St. Pius X, ora pro nobis!
StColette Posted August 20, 2007 Posted August 20, 2007 I think the back and forth bantering needs to stop!
Resurrexi Posted August 20, 2007 Posted August 20, 2007 [quote name='StColette' post='1363622' date='Aug 19 2007, 08:34 PM']I think the back and forth bantering needs to stop![/quote] I totally concur. I lean more to the trad side but I think these insults are slightly ridiculous.
Moneybags Posted August 20, 2007 Author Posted August 20, 2007 [quote name='StThomasMore' post='1363623' date='Aug 19 2007, 09:35 PM']I totally concur. I lean more to the trad side but [u]I think these insults are slightly ridiculous.[/u][/quote] Exactly. Let's get back on the topic of the liturgical abuses. Does anyone else have any sources from the GIRM? St. Colette provided some very good ones.
cmotherofpirl Posted August 20, 2007 Posted August 20, 2007 [quote name='St. Benedict' post='1363636' date='Aug 19 2007, 10:38 PM']Exactly. Let's get back on the topic of the liturgical abuses. Does anyone else have any sources from the GIRM? St. Colette provided some very good ones.[/quote] Benny its real simple, if you want sources from the GRIM, go read the document instead of asking other people to do it for you. Topic closed.
Recommended Posts