An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kid Nation

homeschoolmom

The HSkids and I just finished watching "Kid Nation." Finally a reality show that we can watch and talk about together. Fun times. :)

Yeah! That was really interesting. I'm not as worried as I was when I first heard about it. It didn't sound like a good idea at first but I think they set it up pretty well.

(And Jimmy was adorable! I'm going to miss him...)

[quote name='Clauda' post='1388867' date='Sep 19 2007, 09:32 PM']Yeah! That was really interesting. I'm not as worried as I was when I first heard about it. It didn't sound like a good idea at first but I think they set it up pretty well.

(And Jimmy was adorable! I'm going to miss him...)[/quote]
Yeah... that was pretty sad. He's a good kid

It is a great show. I hope it doesn't get toooo Lord of the Flies-y, but I'm sure it will... I can imagine that Greg kid with war pant on his face calling Mike "Piggy."... but I hope it doesn't go that far.

And that Sophia.... She would be an awesome babysitter. :mellow:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1388998' date='Sep 20 2007, 09:31 AM']Yeah... that will be interesting.

Is your daughter watching it, too?[/quote]
No she was watching MTV. Some dating show where a bunch of guys were on a bus. I only have basic cable so all the shows on those channels should be kid friendly right?

[quote name='dUSt' post='1388923' date='Sep 19 2007, 09:40 PM']What a great show!

I hope it turns into Lord of the Flies, only, without the killing.[/quote]

But the killing was the best part...

[quote name='dUSt' post='1389050' date='Sep 20 2007, 11:02 AM']No she was watching MTV. Some dating show where a bunch of guys were on a bus. I only have basic cable so all the shows on those channels should be kid friendly right?[/quote]

If it's Next? you're talking about, then no, no, no. It can be rather sexual. And there are sometimes same-sex couples on the show.

And does anybody know if Kid Nation is going to be on Comcast OnDemand? I really wanted to see it, but I had a paper due today...

Yeah, it really is interesting.

And I was surprised that they were overwhelmingly in favor of killing the chickens.

Too bad the cooks won't step up and do their job very well.

Looks like that older kid isn't going to continue working hard next week. If he only knew how close he was to getting the gold star... If the previews for next week are accurate, what a shame.