An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kid Nation

homeschoolmom

[quote name='dUSt' post='1394441' date='Sep 27 2007, 09:25 PM']Looks like that older kid isn't going to continue working hard next week. If he only knew how close he was to getting the gold star... If the previews for next week are accurate, what a shame.[/quote]
Too bad. Frankly, I thought he should have gotten the star. After all, he butchered the chickens (quite nicely, too) and showed Sophia how to gut them. And he was instrumental in them winning the challenge. Now if he turns into a jerk, he'll never get it.

Michael's a nice guy, but he's going to continue to be a good guy. He can win it next time. In fact, I'm sure he'll win it again...

I hope they are portraying Taylor acurately. I mean, she's coming off pretty badly.... I hope that they aren't over-emphasizing her prima dona attitude. If they could vote people off, she'd have been my first choice.

See, I think that if Greg had gotten the gold star, he still would've stopped working hard. The council was spot-on in recognizing that he was in it the whole time just for the gold star; Michael was consistent since the beginning, he was close to getting the first gold star, and since he continued with his good work, he deserved to get his gold star this week. if greg continues his good work, he'll deserve the gold star the next time. looks like he won't, though.

Yeah, I wasn't too sad that Michael got it. He's a good kid.

But, from the way they edited, Greg did a lot to make the town a better place.

But yeah. It was an interesting discussion with the HSkids (they both picked Michael, too).

I would think if they didn't do it in this episode, they would eventually. It's good to see so many of the children understand what is necessary to survive.

I bet that one girl is going to let some of the chickens go...

One quirk I noticed is the fact that some heavy editing is taking place (obviously). But, one shot Greg has pimples on his chin, the next shot, clear face, next shot, pimples are back. This happened throughout the show, haha.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1394730' date='Sep 28 2007, 10:35 AM']One quirk I noticed is the fact that some heavy editing is taking place (obviously). But, one shot Greg has pimples on his chin, the next shot, clear face, next shot, pimples are back. This happened throughout the show, haha.[/quote]
So you were never 15 years old? :mellow:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1388983' date='Sep 20 2007, 08:00 AM']And that Sophia.... She would be an awesome babysitter. :mellow:[/quote]
Oh absolutely.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1394446' date='Sep 27 2007, 09:33 PM']I hope they are portraying Taylor acurately. I mean, she's coming off pretty badly.... I hope that they aren't over-emphasizing her prima dona attitude. If they could vote people off, she'd have been my first choice.[/quote]
Yes... I worry about that too. Yes she's young. But I just don't want her to be so self-righteous.

Isn't this show under a lot of scrutiny about the ethical nature of the show and the children being unsupervised? I admit, the premise is interesting. And I'll definitely watch a few more episodes, but every now and then I keep thinking "Are they really allowed to do this?" :idontknow:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1388983' date='Sep 20 2007, 08:00 AM']And that Sophia.... She would be an awesome babysitter. :mellow:[/quote]
Oh absolutely.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1394446' date='Sep 27 2007, 09:33 PM']I hope they are portraying Taylor acurately. I mean, she's coming off pretty badly.... I hope that they aren't over-emphasizing her prima dona attitude. If they could vote people off, she'd have been my first choice.[/quote]
Yes... I worry about that too. Yes she's young. But I just don't want her to be so self-righteous.

Isn't this show under a lot of scrutiny about the ethical nature of the show and the children being unsupervised? I admit, the premise is interesting. And I'll definitely watch a few more episodes, but every now and then I keep thinking "Are they really allowed to do this?" :idontknow:

[quote name='shortnun' post='1394840' date='Sep 28 2007, 01:39 PM']Isn't this show under a lot of scrutiny about the ethical nature of the show and the children being unsupervised?[/quote]
I'm assuming the people holding the cameras are all adults.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1389050' date='Sep 20 2007, 10:02 AM']No she was watching MTV. Some dating show where a bunch of guys were on a bus. I only have basic cable so all the shows on those channels should be kid friendly right?[/quote]
Dust, the mtv show you are refering to is called next. its lame in adult eyes, enjoybable for teens. What can I say its MTV.

I can't believe that that many kids watched them kill the chickens. I know I would not be able to watch them chop the head off!

What channel and what time does is this show? I just watched it online but I want to catch the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor was hilarious in that last episode, just yellin for everyone to "Deal With It!" I hope Green doesn't go back to Laborers this week.