Theologian in Training Posted January 23, 2008 Author Posted January 23, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1449417' date='Jan 22 2008, 07:08 PM']Now I can not seem to move folders around without coping them to the folder I wish to move them to. Also seemly do not have the access privileges?! I own the machine 1,066.34 of it... which is all of it... Agh...[/quote] Did you think about possibly reformatting? If you make a backup you should not have a problem. I just recently got an Intel Macbook and I have not had any problems. Of course, I also have an Airport Extreme N router, so it syncs up fairly well and is quite quick. You might think about reformatting, backup with time machine, and try to "start over"
KnightofChrist Posted January 23, 2008 Posted January 23, 2008 I dont have a large enuff back HD to back up =(
Mercy me Posted January 23, 2008 Posted January 23, 2008 Any recommendations for an external HD? I can't wait to play with time machine. Also,anyone know of any reliable spyware scans for macs?
Theologian in Training Posted January 23, 2008 Author Posted January 23, 2008 [quote name='Mercy me' post='1449496' date='Jan 22 2008, 10:25 PM']Any recommendations for an external HD? I can't wait to play with time machine. Also,anyone know of any reliable spyware scans for macs?[/quote] As of yet, no one has made a virus for Macs, so I would imagine there is also no spyware scanners to be found yet. In terms of external drives, I am more of an enclosure guy. In other words, you buy a "shell" that you can hook an internal drive into making it an external. It works well, because this way, I can format it for Mac or Windows, and if I max it out, get another one [url="http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=92&name=External-Enclosures"]http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.as...rnal-Enclosures[/url] In terms of speed, I would recommend an SATA enclosure rather than an IDE, they are too slow..and it works well with Leopard
scardella Posted January 23, 2008 Posted January 23, 2008 A couple of Leopard macs on our network had been flagged for bot traffic, but when we looked at them (and we dug through them pretty well), we couldn't find anything. That said, it's folly to think that Macs cannot get virii. I haven't yet seen one in the wild, but there is an exploit that works through some software (PHP -> a script language plugin to the built-in webserver) it has in common w/ linux/unix.
Theologian in Training Posted January 23, 2008 Author Posted January 23, 2008 [quote name='scardella' post='1449629' date='Jan 23 2008, 10:42 AM']A couple of Leopard macs on our network had been flagged for bot traffic, but when we looked at them (and we dug through them pretty well), we couldn't find anything. That said, it's folly to think that Macs cannot get virii. I haven't yet seen one in the wild, but there is an exploit that works through some software (PHP -> a script language plugin to the built-in webserver) it has in common w/ linux/unix.[/quote] I never said they would never get virii, I just said so far none have been discovered. I also know that a computer is as strong as not just the OS it runs but the person who is using it. 9 times out of 10 it is user error more than anything else that leads to infections and the like
Theologian in Training Posted February 4, 2008 Author Posted February 4, 2008 Alright, my new Macbook has been running great, I have had 0 problems but one. It seems there is a problem with the Quicktime plug-in, because every time I use it, to watch videos online, in either firefox or safari, it gets really faded then colorful and keeps blinking that way constantly.
Theologian in Training Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 I just used Boot Camp to dual boot between Leopard and Vista...works well, guess which OS is giving me the biggest problem...guess
Theologian in Training Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 (edited) [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1470989' date='Feb 28 2008, 11:32 PM']O Oh... What is Vista, Alex?[/quote] What is the second biggest mistake Microsoft made. Edited February 29, 2008 by Theologian in Training
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now