An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am The King Of England

thessalonian

[url="http://kstp.com/article/stories/S258541.shtml?cat=1"]http://kstp.com/article/stories/S258541.shtml?cat=1[/url]

be sure and see the video on the right. What a bunch of nonsense.

I am going to declare myself president of the united states this afternoon. I am sure I will get a channel 5 news crew to come out and say I am the president of the united states. Last night there was a woman who claimed to be an ordained Catholic priest on the news. The reports kept bending over backwards to say “she’s a roman catholic priest” “she was ordained a roman catholic priest” “ “she was ordained by a female Catholic Bishop” blah blah blah. What a bunch of nonsense. Since when does one get to call themselves whatever they want outside of the legitimate leaders of that organization and have the news accept them for what they say they are? Tommorrow I think I will declare myself governor of Minnesota or maybe king of England. That should make the news, shouldn’t it.

Well it depends. People don't look at the Catholic institution as anything more than some old hobby. They don't take us seriously. In that case, go for president, etc. Who takes all that serious anyways?

PS, I'm sure the local ordinary is just ticked off right now.

I like playing pretend.... I want to be a dinosaur...

They claim to be ordained... and the news station just assumes that it's valid, ridiculous

PapaHilarious

my favorite part of the video was the link at the bottom that said [b]"advertisement coming up: female cat."[/b] i think ABC news needs to get its priorities straight. the female cat would have been much more interesting to report on.

PapaHilarious

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1420491' date='Nov 16 2007, 01:33 PM']I don't get the female cat thing.[/quote]

if you click play on the video, you might see what i'm talking about. (i think the line got cut off. they probably meant to say "female cat[holic priest].") :kitten:

Spamity Calamity

"61-year-old Judith McKloskey is one of 60 ordained women Catholic priests. However, the Vatican denies recognizing them."

If the vatican does not recognize her, how does that make her a priest? Why do they even refer to her as a priest? The title should be changed from "Female Catholic priest hopes to be recognized" to "Woman claims to be priest and hopes to be recognized."

"Three months ago, McKloskey was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in a Minneapolis ceremony." So if you have some fake ceremony all of a sudden you can claim that you're a priest? And shes married too? That isnt even allowed for men.

Excommunicate her. Serously.

The Catholic Church is bigger than the political whims of some grandstanding women. I hate how the media gives these fringe groups media attention and thereby helps to legitimize them.

[quote name='Spamity Calamity' post='1420541' date='Nov 16 2007, 04:58 PM']Excommunicate her. Serously.[/quote]

Well, technically she has [i]latæ sententiæ[/i] excommunicated herself.

Another question that should be asked is what seminary did she go to? There are no seminaries in the CC that i know of that take women. Now if someone claims they are a doctor but have not gone to med school would you go to them for medicine?

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1420975' date='Nov 17 2007, 11:55 AM']Another question that should be asked is what seminary did she go to? There are no seminaries in the CC that i know of that take women. Now if someone claims they are a doctor but have not gone to med school would you go to them for medicine?[/quote]

good point there.

as for me...today i will be an astronaut. ive always wanted to be one. so i am. please congratulate me as you see fit.

[quote name='corban711' post='1420999' date='Nov 17 2007, 11:38 AM']good point there.

as for me...today i will be an astronaut. ive always wanted to be one. so i am. please congratulate me as you see fit.[/quote]
Congratulations! Have fun in outer space.

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1421004' date='Nov 17 2007, 12:44 PM']Congratulations! Have fun in outer space.[/quote]

thank you. i think i will :) it was really nice to find out there were absolutely NO requirements to become an astronaut...all i had to do was will it and it was so! :cool:

For a second there, I thought she had claimed she was both a Catholic priest AND the King of England. I was like, she can't be the king of England because she's "Catholic", not to mention a woman. How silly of me.

[quote name='Old_Joe' post='1421010' date='Nov 17 2007, 01:08 PM']For a second there, I thought she had claimed she was both a Catholic priest AND the King of England. I was like, she can't be the king of England because she's "Catholic", not to mention a woman. How silly of me.[/quote]
:lol_roll: me too! glad i wasn't the only one!