An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am The King Of England

thessalonian

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1420975' date='Nov 17 2007, 10:55 AM']Another question that should be asked is what seminary did she go to? There are no seminaries in the CC that i know of that take women. Now if someone claims they are a doctor but have not gone to med school would you go to them for medicine?[/quote]

Some seminaries might offer theology and pastoral courses to laypeople.

But that is neither here nor there.

Let's just use the correct term for them - IMPOSTERS!

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1421014' date='Nov 17 2007, 12:18 PM']This is encouraging! Maybe I am a starfleet officer even if starfleet doesn't officially recognize me. hmm..[/quote]

I am a starfleet officer even though starfleet does not even exist! Now make it so!

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1421027' date='Nov 17 2007, 01:35 PM']I am a starfleet officer even though starfleet does not even exist! Now make it so![/quote]
Aye sir!

:yahoo:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1421041' date='Nov 17 2007, 01:52 PM']Yoda, am I today.[/quote]
I greet thee in friendship on behalf of the United Federation of Planets and hope that this moment of first contact between our peoples will prove to be the start of a long and fruitful relationship.

So would they call this woman "Father"??

I changed my mind about being daddy. Too much pressure. I think I will take on the role of my daughter. Easier. Free clothes, food, and rent. Good deal.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1421045' date='Nov 17 2007, 10:55 AM']I greet thee in friendship on behalf of the United Federation of Planets and hope that this moment of first contact between our peoples will prove to be the start of a long and fruitful relationship.[/quote]

live longer and prosper, you may, i hope.

heard of this woman priest, i have. loopy, she must be.

more from reality, are we, then her.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1421058' date='Nov 17 2007, 02:04 PM']live longer and prosper, you may, i hope.

heard of this woman priest, i have. loopy, she must be.

more from reality, are we, then her.[/quote]
Perhaps she has had a bit too much Romulan ale. I will send our holographic doctor disguised as a ferengi to run some scans with a medical tricorder.

praying4carmel

[font="Palatino Linotype"][/font][size="2"][/size]

I just don't know what to say! I am at the point in my life where I just have no argument with the Church anymore. 30 Years ago I was an ardent feminist and felt that this was the way to go. I read Ruether, Daly, Schussler-Fiorenza, all of them. Now at 48, I am at the place where I accept where I am at in the Church as a Woman, and In some respects, I agree with Mother Angelica who feels that women actually have it better than the Men in the Church. (I got that from Ray Arroyo's Book)I am certain now that I would not ever want to be a Priest, even if that was offered to me, barring the fact that I am Carmelite Monastically Oriented.

I have done the Lutheran Church, and the Episcopal Church, Received Communion from Women Priests, and am back home in Rome Again. God seems to be giving me the grace right now to have set these "arguments" aside. It's kind of Like the arguments I have with my Fundamentalist Friends who are Creationists, I simply don't care if the Earth was created in 6 literal 24 hour days or Not. The fact is, that we are here Now, and that is good enough for me. The Magnificence of Planet Earth more than makes up for the arguments for creationism. IMHO.

To be a man, Priest or Deacon, in our Church today takes an act of Courage,devotion and selflessness that the world just does not understand. I would not like to bear such a heavy burden. I used to have serious issues with Cardinal Ratzinger, but now that he is Pope, I think he has turned out to be a good Pope, and I am going back through his writings with fresh eyes.

So, I guess what I am saying is that for me, some things should be left as a tradition and as a mystery. If we turn out to be wrong that women should or should not be priests, then the Lord will surely let us know when the Time Comes.
Until then I just want to rest in His Loving arms, and do His will.

Thanks Guys and Gals for letting me Share. This Is A good thought provoking topic.

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1421076' date='Nov 17 2007, 01:33 PM']...
Until then I just want to rest in His Loving arms, and do His will.

Thanks Guys and Gals for letting me Share. This Is A good thought provoking topic.[/quote]
Thanks for sharing.

I sent the news channel and email on this yesterday just before I posted it. The channel called me though I don't think I gave them my phone number. Unfortunately I wasn't home and my wife didn't pick up the call and they didn't leave a message. If they were going to ask me questions I wouldn't have answered as the last time I did that they took a snippet out of what I said that made me sound very arrogant.