An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am The King Of England

thessalonian

praying4carmel,

I appreciate your post as it has wisdom. God has however let us know already that there will be no women preists through JP II.

[url="http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologetics/general/ordinato.htm"]http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apolog...al/ordinato.htm[/url]

In this letter he says by the infallible unanimous consent of the magesterium we know that there will be no woman preists and neither he nor anyone else has the power to change it EVER.

"Wherefore, in order that all doubt may be removed regarding a matter of great importance, a matter which pertains to the Church's divine constitution itself, in virtue of my ministry of confirming the brethren (cf. Lk 22:32) I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church's faithful. "

I am glad you have come back to the faith and pray that you and I both continue to grow in that faith.

God bless

Edited by thessalonian

fides quarens intellectum

my fav part was the reporter saying there are sixty women priests, "all of them ordained" - huh?!

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1420975' date='Nov 17 2007, 09:55 AM']Another question that should be asked is what seminary did she go to? There are no seminaries in the CC that i know of that take women. Now if someone claims they are a doctor but have not gone to med school would you go to them for medicine?[/quote]

now wait, universities do give out honorary PhDs (just ask Bill Cosby), so even if she didn't happen to technically "attend seminary," could the Catholic Church start giving out honorary holy orders?

Thy Geekdom Come

Ooh, ooh, can I be the King of Saturn?

Notice every time you see something like this, it comes out of someone who's significantly older. I would imagine that has something to do with the fact that the only people who see this as a real issue are those who were raised in a pseudo-feminist culture. She doesn't feel a calling to the priesthood (and if she did "feel" one, she clearly didn't discern it). In my opinion, most people in these situations feel called to stand up for women's rights (which is fine, if the understanding of those rights is authentic) and think that getting "ordained" is a good way to do it (definitely not an authentic understanding of women's rights).

We should pray for them. They are a dying breed, which is good inasmuch as that we won't have to deal too much with them any longer, but bad inasmuch as that they're dying, often in a state of excommunication (not that we should judge, but anyone that doesn't feel bad for them on account of that must not realize the horror that excommunication is).

God bless,

Micah

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1421285' date='Nov 17 2007, 06:48 PM']all hail the king of saturn.

:mellow:[/quote]
The King of Saturn sends greetings back to the King of Uranus.

:P you were asking for it

:saint:

Raphael,

I disagree that this issue is going to die any more than the gay issue is going to die. Both are a product of American anti-authority. This will be a greater issue in the Church in the future. It is growing, not dying and I would not be surprized if eventually there is a schism over it.

God bless

From now on I am a United States Marine. I have realized that I was meant to join the Marines from the beggining, but joined the Navy only because I did not want to accept my calling then.

Lance Corporal Justin86

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Raphael' post='1421277' date='Nov 18 2007, 09:40 AM']She doesn't feel a calling to the priesthood (and if she did "feel" one, she clearly didn't discern it).[/quote]
Well, the Little Flower felt a calling to the priesthood--in fact she felt the calling to all vocations. She said God gave her this to teach her that all vocations have the same source which is love.

You can't just [i]believe[/i] validity into a ceremony.

It's matter and form that they seem to forget... and that's a lot more than 'tradition.'

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1421617' date='Nov 18 2007, 05:17 PM']Raphael,

I disagree that this issue is going to die any more than the gay issue is going to die. Both are a product of American anti-authority. This will be a greater issue in the Church in the future. It is growing, not dying and I would not be surprized if eventually there is a schism over it.

God bless[/quote]
I never said it would die completely, I said it was dying. In my time, I've only met a handful of people who believe this ardently enough to make an issue of it, and most of them were senior citizens. While certainly it will continue to some extent, I don't see it growing. Perhaps I just haven't been around enough followers of this movement, though.

God bless,

Micah

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Justin86' post='1421657' date='Nov 18 2007, 06:01 PM']Well, the Little Flower felt a calling to the priesthood--in fact she felt the calling to all vocations. She said God gave her this to teach her that all vocations have the same source which is love.[/quote]
Yes, the reason I used quotes on the word "felt" is that you can feel all you like, but that's generally not the best sole indicator for a vocation. St. Therese obviously knew that, and discerned that she was in fact not called because, well, God wasn't calling her.