Brigid Posted January 4, 2008 Posted January 4, 2008 I always love finding new wallpapers for my computer, and after Maria_Faustina made a few gorgeous ones and showed them to me, I decided to experiment a little myself. anyone can post the ones they've made, or even just pretty ones they find! Maria_Faustina and I tend to make Catholic themed wallpapers, of course, but I suppose if you've made something else, that's welcome, too. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=72408&hl="]PapaHilarious[/url] has his own thread of excellent wallpapers that often adorn my computer, but I figured I wouldn't intrude on his thread. Enjoy!
Brigid Posted January 4, 2008 Author Posted January 4, 2008 here's mine: [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/Brigid_Ireland/Catholic/my%20walls/ourladyofthemiraculousmedal.jpg[/img] [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/Brigid_Ireland/Catholic/my%20walls/queenofheaven.jpg[/img] [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/Brigid_Ireland/Catholic/my%20walls/ourblessedmother.jpg[/img] [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/Brigid_Ireland/Catholic/my%20walls/Linnocencewall.jpg[/img]
Maria_Faustina Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 Ooh, yours are gorgeous!! I love them! I'm definitely going to have to steal them. And, I will put mine on here as soon as I figure out how to upload them...
doe-jo Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 those are very simple and beautiful.. very pretty images too.. the wallpapers i make are fairly huge because i have a big screen. here are some of my work. [url="http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=popebenedictwallpaperqf6.jpg"][img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1852/popebenedictwallpaperqf6.th.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stthomasaquinascopyea4.jpg"][img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2488/stthomasaquinascopyea4.th.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=onebreadonebodyfc4.jpg"][img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/919/onebreadonebodyfc4.th.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=holytrinityuf7.jpg"][img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7011/holytrinityuf7.th.jpg[/img][/url]
corban711 Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1443025' date='Jan 7 2008, 03:27 PM']Shweet stuff, Doe-Jo! Btw, I love the avatar.[/quote] i concur. that avatar is awesome p.s. i won't hijack your thread anymore brigid Edited January 7, 2008 by corban711
Maria_Faustina Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 (edited) Okay, so I finally figured out how you guys were putting them on here... you linked to another site where they were hosted on. Tricky tricky... (Sorry, but posting on this site confuses me sometimes!) I hope these work... [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/Quamterribiliswp.jpg[/img] [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/mostholyvirgins.jpg[/img] [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/TheTrinitywp.jpg[/img] And I wasn't sure if I should post this one, since I got the picture from a photographer who did multiple pictures of the Colettine Poor Clares in Cleveland. But it's pretty, and I can take it off it someone objects. If not the one I edited, at least look at [url="http://cmykstudios.com/poorclares/index.htm"]these[/url]. They're gorgeous. And unrelated to this thread, sorry, Brigid ). [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/magnificatwp.jpg[/img] Edited January 8, 2008 by Maria_Faustina
Brigid Posted January 8, 2008 Author Posted January 8, 2008 [quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1442860' date='Jan 6 2008, 10:43 PM']Ooh, yours are gorgeous!! I love them! I'm definitely going to have to steal them. And, I will put mine on here as soon as I figure out how to upload them...[/quote] [quote name='PapaHilarious' post='1442962' date='Jan 7 2008, 10:20 AM']very nice, Brigid [/quote] [quote name='doe-jo' post='1442996' date='Jan 7 2008, 12:55 PM']those are very simple and beautiful.. very pretty images too..[/quote] [quote name='missionarybelle' post='1443031' date='Jan 7 2008, 03:02 PM']ooooh y'all both have great stuff![/quote] thank you, all. [quote name='doe-jo' post='1442996' date='Jan 7 2008, 12:55 PM']the wallpapers i make are fairly huge because i have a big screen. here are some of my work. [url="http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=popebenedictwallpaperqf6.jpg"][img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1852/popebenedictwallpaperqf6.th.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stthomasaquinascopyea4.jpg"][img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2488/stthomasaquinascopyea4.th.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=onebreadonebodyfc4.jpg"][img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/919/onebreadonebodyfc4.th.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=holytrinityuf7.jpg"][img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7011/holytrinityuf7.th.jpg[/img][/url][/quote] oh! yours are so cool!! I love them all... St. Thomas Aquinas is my background now. and I love your avatar. [quote name='corban711' post='1443035' date='Jan 7 2008, 03:10 PM']i concur. that avatar is awesome p.s. i won't hijack your thread anymore brigid [/quote] lol, it's okay. I said the same thing. [quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1443201' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:56 PM']Okay, so I finally figured out how you guys were putting them on here... you linked to another site where they were hosted on. Tricky tricky... (Sorry, but posting on this site confuses me sometimes!) I hope these work... [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/Quamterribiliswp.jpg[/img] [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/mostholyvirgins.jpg[/img] [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/TheTrinitywp.jpg[/img] And I wasn't sure if I should post this one, since I got the picture from a photographer who did multiple pictures of the Colettine Poor Clares in Cleveland. But it's pretty, and I can take it off it someone objects. If not the one I edited, at least look at [url="http://cmykstudios.com/poorclares/index.htm"]these[/url]. They're gorgeous. And unrelated to this thread, sorry, Brigid ). [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/magnificatwp.jpg[/img][/quote] yeah, it took me a while to figure out how to put them on here, too. (and I'm curious about your photobucket name... so if you feel like sharing how it came about, I'd like to know. ) and I love them all! the one that i hadn't seen (the trinity) was so good! I love the quote from the catechism at the bottom... and you don't have to apologize.
Lounge Daddy Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 See... now I have to choose ONE to use at a time. These are all so cool!
Maria_Faustina Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 One more for now: [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/JezuUfamTobie/throughmary.jpg[/img] And, Brigid, 'Jezu, ufam Tobie' means "Jesus, I trust in You!" in Polish... that's why in St. Faustina's diary, Jesus says to her "...inscribe the image with these three words...", because it's only 3 to say it in Polish. (Not that I personally know really any Polish beyond that, but, I still like it and picked that name, because it's how she heard it directly from Him).
Brigid Posted January 8, 2008 Author Posted January 8, 2008 [quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1443228' date='Jan 8 2008, 01:18 AM']And, Brigid, 'Jezu, ufam Tobie' means "Jesus, I trust in You!" in Polish... that's why in St. Faustina's diary, Jesus says to her "...inscribe the image with these three words...", because it's only 3 to say it in Polish. (Not that I personally know really any Polish beyond that, but, I still like it and picked that name, because it's how she heard it directly from Him).[/quote] ohh. that makes sense. very cool. (I still need to read that...) and pretty wallpaper, btw.
doe-jo Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 I like my avatar too.. lol Thanks guys.. Here's one I just finished.. it's for a myspace page. Sancte Gregori [url="http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stgregorythegreatul3.jpg"][img]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7618/stgregorythegreatul3.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Brigid Posted January 9, 2008 Author Posted January 9, 2008 [quote name='doe-jo' post='1443583' date='Jan 9 2008, 12:20 AM']I like my avatar too.. lol Thanks guys.. Here's one I just finished.. it's for a myspace page. Sancte Gregori [url="http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stgregorythegreatul3.jpg"][img]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7618/stgregorythegreatul3.th.jpg[/img][/url][/quote] ah, that's awesome! if I didn't say this before, you're very talented!
jeffpugh Posted January 10, 2008 Posted January 10, 2008 Maria_Faustina, those are great wallpapers. The one with the Nun is just amazing... much beauty. I wonder if someone could get one with a hooded Benedictine monk? [quote name='doe-jo' post='1443583' date='Jan 9 2008, 12:20 AM']I like my avatar too.. lol Thanks guys.. Here's one I just finished.. it's for a myspace page. Sancte Gregori [url="http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stgregorythegreatul3.jpg"][img]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7618/stgregorythegreatul3.th.jpg[/img][/url][/quote] Wow That is soo awesome. *rightclick... save image as...*
Brigid Posted February 2, 2008 Author Posted February 2, 2008 made this one tonight... [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/Brigid_Ireland/Catholic/my%20walls/inclinemyheart.jpg[/img]
PapaHilarious Posted February 2, 2008 Posted February 2, 2008 [quote name='Brigid' post='1454425' date='Feb 1 2008, 11:20 PM']made this one tonight... [img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/Brigid_Ireland/Catholic/my%20walls/inclinemyheart.jpg[/img][/quote] nice if you check my thread in 2 minutes, you'll see i just did one with your saint
Brigid Posted February 2, 2008 Author Posted February 2, 2008 [quote name='PapaHilarious' post='1454427' date='Feb 2 2008, 01:29 AM']nice if you check my thread in 2 minutes, you'll see i just did one with your saint[/quote] yay!!!!! if you can believe it... I completely forgot. and even when I did remember, I found out I got the date wrong. I totally thought her feast day was February 2nd. I feel really dumb now...
Maccabeus Posted February 2, 2008 Posted February 2, 2008 Hey Brigid, that wallpaper with Christ is awesome, that reminds me few years ago, I made some of my own Catholic wallpapers, all I gotta do is find them, and I'll post them
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now