Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

I would talk to his parents, it is for his own well being! No matter if you lose his friendship you will know you did it right, and maybe because of you this guy might be alive, providing he's on drugs.

Posted

I have saved him from death from too much achcol before, that is the reason I am really werid about that stuff. His parents know that he smokes and drinks. They are okay with it but I don't think they know how much of often he drinks.

As of thrity minutes ago I wasn't sure that he was still sexualy active. Of course he has to tell me. And reading between the lines of what he said on the phone just a little bit ago I am really pretty sure that he is on pot.

"it is so fun to get drunk and have sex" is all he could say.

Posted

kyrie eleison

5.  For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercyon us and on the whole world.

Posted

Got kinda lost in my scheme to boost my post count!

 6.  For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.  

Posted

 7.  For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.  

Posted

May God bless us,

Tomorrow will be day 1 for me.

  8.  For the sake of his sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but...

We need to remember that just because we don't give in for a set number of days doesn't mean that we are free from that temptation forever. I struggled with pornography for a long period (I was addicted by the time I was in eigth grade). I did really well for a long period of time(several months). Then about a week ago, I gave in. I really don't know why, and I really wish I hadn't, but the past is the past.

Basically, I'm just trying to make sure that everyone has a heads up so that you don't do like I did. I got confident in my own strength and ability to fight temptation, and I found out how weak I truly am.

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

First of all, I am in. Second, willguy is giving us some valuable insight. Before religion became important to me, I gave into this problem every single day. After rigourous work, I made a streak of almost a year before falling. I got too high and mighty for my own good. We are all sinners, so don't get too proud. I relaize now that this was my mistake. You can count days but it wonb't do you any good. I try not to lok at it as a self improvement, but as a responsibility. You aren't supposed to do this stuff, so when you quit, you aren't special, your just doing your job. Please remember that. The suffering I endure after my fall is horrible and I hope none of you experience it. Remember, Jesus didn't include the proud in the Beatitudes.

Posted

Yes, proud isn't that a deadly sin...

Ash Wednesday is when I will begin my life a new!

Posted (edited)

post-6-1077318250.jpg

i really don't intend posting this here to be prideful in any way. it sort of makes me accountable. and like i said, it's not of my power, not me that's bein special. i'm receiving unmerited grace of strength to overcome this, it's all God's power.

i agree the making ourself better approach would be a folley, Benny Franklin tried that. it doesn't work.

counting the days does me good because #1 it goes towards the goal of 21, the number of days according to my heath teacher it takes to break a habit. i'm not saying it will stop bein a temptation, 21 days doesn't make it impossible to fall again, but if i fall after that, it can't just be written off as a physical habit, cuz that habit of the flesh will have been broken.

anyway, i completely understand willguy's point, and yours too... pls dont mistake me saying WOOHOO! DAY 19 tomarrow! for being prideful. as you read above i'm bein completely open and honest with yall, i'm a weak one. i was plagued today with a violent attack in Church of all places. see, me being honest about my victories by the Grace of God just as helpful for me as me being honest about my follies.

anyway, i think what's really helped me is me making this topic opening the subject up and talking about it with complete honesty. it gives me a whole group to be accountable to, a group to encourage me, a group i admit all my weakness and sinfullness to. therefore, viva la resistance! we are helping each other out here, and i understand the temptations will never go away, but if i can help it this thread will not go away either ;):cool::) :shield:

Pax Christi

9. For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.  

Edited by Aloysius
Posted

I totally agree with you Al!

I don't mean to be prideful, just letting you people know how I am with my walk to more spirituality by overcoming it!

 For the Sake of his sorrowful passion,  have mercy on us and on the whole world. [/code/
Posted

I totally agree with you Al!

I don't mean to be prideful, just letting you people know how I am with my walk to more spirituality by overcoming it!

 For the Sake of his sorrowful passion,  have mercy on us and on the whole world. 

Posted

Eternal Father, I offer thee the most precious Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of your most dearly beloved Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ ( _/ :bends knee: ) in attonement for our sins, and those of the whole world.

Posted (edited)

Double Post I"m gonna post a pretty Picture!

The rosary is one tool against the devil, let us pray the rosary everyday. Don't say it, Pray it!!!!!!

post-6-1077542347.jpg

Edited by the_rev
Posted

I just need to pray a prayer so that is why I'm posting here.

1. For the sake of his sorrowful passion have mercy on us and on the whole world, including all the Phatmass members in the Restistance. 

Posted

Lord, front lines are gettin rough... requesting a lil R&R to be refreshed ;)

.... day 19 praise GOD.

decade 2

2 For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. 

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

Whoops! I really wasn't talking about about anyone here. Sorry. I just wanted to tell you what happened to me because a lot of people make that mistake. I was humble in the beginning too. I just don't want anyone to go through the grief that comes with it. I can't stand it. Take my word for it, going from almost a year to day 0, is very grueling. I am glad you made this thread though. I feel like I can't be forgiven but hopefully allowing you to learn from my mistake has made me feel better. I almost want the temptation. I want to crush it...

Posted

I agree with Al is hoping to make it to Day 21. Day 21 is no gurantee but the psy. addiction and physical is broken. It is easier to avoid sins than. I didn't think posting day numbers is meant to brag, I think it is a CA form of accounatbily. "If I do this I will have to tell all the CA what I did, do I want Al, VeraMaria, the rev, rachel, etc reading this." At least that is the way I picture it.

Posted

Al, like thedude, I wasn't trying to single anyone out in particular. I was just trying to be the voice of warning, so that others don't make the same mistake.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...