Brother Adam Posted March 12, 2008 Posted March 12, 2008 [quote name='Raphael' post='1471195' date='Feb 29 2008, 02:58 PM']They didn't meet on PM. They knew each other first and came to PM...when they were engaged, I think...[/quote] Yeah. Mrs.Bro.Adam threatened to leave BroAdam because he was studying Catholicism. Oh the irony. muhaha. We're expecting, but we're old hats at having babies now. It's amazing how big a difference there is between #1 and #2.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 17, 2008 Author Posted March 17, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1478575' date='Mar 16 2008, 11:47 PM']so, how's jennie feeling?[/quote] Morning sickness got really bad. Had to take her to the hospital last Sunday (not Palm Sunday, the one before it) for an IV. She still wasn't keeping anything down, including the meds they gave her, so I had to take her back to the hospital on Friday to get a different form of the medication. Sigh. Hospitals are really frustrating.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 17, 2008 Author Posted March 17, 2008 She's doing a lot better on the new form of the meds, btw.
Archaeology cat Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 [quote name='Raphael' post='1478759' date='Mar 17 2008, 04:16 PM']She's doing a lot better on the new form of the meds, btw.[/quote] That's good to know. And we'll keep praying
Groo the Wanderer Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 Raph! grats mano! I just saw the thread. First of twenty I bet, with at least 73% becoming priests Meds for morning sickness? ew. If she can stand the taste, try ginger instead. Natural way to calm the tummy. w00t! lub da babies!!!!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 17, 2008 Author Posted March 17, 2008 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1478808' date='Mar 17 2008, 02:43 PM']Raph! grats mano! I just saw the thread. First of twenty I bet, with at least 73% becoming priests Meds for morning sickness? ew. If she can stand the taste, try ginger instead. Natural way to calm the tummy. w00t! lub da babies!!!! [/quote] Yeah, she lost her ginger pills at her dad's house. I need to get some more.
Birgitta Noel Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 Oh dear, I hope she's feeling better soon. They sell these things called preggy pops at some maternity stores that might be worth trying. Perhaps some of the other moms here can weigh in on them. Hang in there Jennie!
Archaeology cat Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 [quote name='The Little Way' post='1478839' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:31 PM']Oh dear, I hope she's feeling better soon. They sell these things called preggy pops at some maternity stores that might be worth trying. Perhaps some of the other moms here can weigh in on them. Hang in there Jennie![/quote] One of my friends said those preggie pops were great. I usually had ginger biscuits or peppermint.
BeenaBobba Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 Aww, poor girl. What are they giving her for nausea, Micah? Zofran? Hopefully, her morning sickness will go away after the first trimester.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 18, 2008 Author Posted March 18, 2008 [quote name='BeenaBobba' post='1479103' date='Mar 18 2008, 02:07 AM']Aww, poor girl. What are they giving her for nausea, Micah? Zofran? Hopefully, her morning sickness will go away after the first trimester.[/quote] Phenergan...a good Irish sounding name for a drug, so I trust it...
let_go_let_God Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 I so happy for the two of you. Congrats and may God bless the three of you! God bless- LGLG
Azriel Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 I cannot believe I missed this thread. Congratulations to you both!!! I, too, suffered from the terrible morning sickness. Sour things ... sweettarts, sprees, and lemonaide. Those are the things that helped me. Oh, and Zofran. :-) Prayers and much love!
Dave Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 I apologize for not having responded right away to this thread, but congratulations, Micah and Jennie, on your impending new arrival! Decided on any names yet?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 18, 2008 Author Posted March 18, 2008 [quote name='Dave' post='1479213' date='Mar 18 2008, 12:35 PM']I apologize for not having responded right away to this thread, but congratulations, Micah and Jennie, on your impending new arrival! Decided on any names yet?[/quote] Boy - Aaron Michael Murphy Girl - Mary Catherine Murphy
Lil Red Posted March 23, 2008 Posted March 23, 2008 [quote name='The Little Way' post='1478839' date='Mar 17 2008, 01:31 PM']Oh dear, I hope she's feeling better soon. They sell these things called preggy pops at some maternity stores that might be worth trying. Perhaps some of the other moms here can weigh in on them. Hang in there Jennie![/quote] those kinda helped me, but honestly what helped the most was eating small frequent meals. otherwise i was very sick.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now