Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

So I Recorded Some Guitar Videos Of Me


Recommended Posts

Posted

hey hey, nick here! so i was noodling around on my guitar a lot recently and came up with a bunch of new original songs and riffs. and with my extensive technical knowledge i managed to record a couple of them on video and post them on you tube! i am a computer wizard thats for sure!

anyways most of them are electric guitar rock or metal type stuff(which i know most of you may not like) but there is also a pretty acoustic one(for the ladies! :blowkiss: ^_^ )

anyways again here they are! all the stuff is mine, and all the solos are improvised!
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCH2J2nCr4M"]Blueberry(acoustic pretty one)[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQtt5tS91I&feature=user"]StepDown, Hickory and unnamed(three rock type things)[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZkVgUpgQ58&feature=user"]The cool Metal one[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpiY_JgKxHo&feature=user"]Riptide( another metal one)[/url]

anyways, what do you think?

hoosieranna
Posted

I liked Riptide. Unnamed reminded me a little of "Crushing Day" from [i]Surfing with the Alien[/i]. They both kind of chug along. Cool stuff.

Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1473114' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:03 PM']anyways, what do you think?[/quote]

You = The Stuff

missionseeker
Posted

cool.

though, I gotta ask,

please tell me what the tosave time.... I just assume... shirt says.

Posted

thanks for the replies!:)
to MS, it says "to save time, lets just assume i know everything."



and it does save time, sometimes!

missionseeker
Posted

lol. that's great

Posted

Nooo!!!! My big review is gone!

Posted

[size=1]Yeah, alot of posts are gone.
[/size]

Posted

the archives have been backtracked 3 days.

Posted

yeah tell me about it. I made some carefully thought out posts in the debate thread and all for nought. I guess this is the meaning of detachment.

Posted

indeed. I like pie.

hoosieranna
Posted

My being complimented is gone! Argh, whatever shall I do?!? But seriously, gotta love Joe. Though I don't play a thing.

johnnydigit
Posted

dang. took me a few months just to learn basic chords to play praise songs. would all of those notes have an official chord name or do you start going into odd notes?

Posted

I don't quite understand?

Posted (edited)

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1473606' date='Mar 7 2008, 11:40 AM']dang. took me a few months just to learn basic chords to play praise songs. would all of those notes have an official chord name or do you start going into odd notes?[/quote]


well, when i am playing more than one note at once then yes, it would be a chord. riptide, stepdown are in Dminor, hickory and blueberry are in Aminor, the cool metal on(get bent!) is in Gdorian scale, unnamed is i think Bminor.

all the "extra" notes are parts of scales that are in tune with the chords that i play. example in Aminor, the notes A,B,C,D,E,F,G are all in tune in the natural minor scale(in this case it would be all the white keys on a keyboard)

look up jamcenter.com, it has a list of backing tracks and what notes you can play over them. once youve played the scales enough, it comes naturally to improvise stuff within them.

and since this erased one of my other posts, my other video i added is here [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iwOGc-lHhg"]Thrashy song[/url]
there is a good example of a short improvised solo in Eminor.

oh and to nadez,

You Are Awesome!
:D

Edited by Jesus_lol
Posted

[size=1]I subscribed to you!
Im Pink Citronnade!

You should write a whole song sometime!
It would be great!
And dont stop with the acoustic guitar either!
[/size]

Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1473652' date='Mar 7 2008, 03:04 PM']well, when i am playing more than one note at once then yes, it would be a chord. riptide, stepdown are in Dminor, hickory and blueberry are in Aminor, the cool metal on(get bent!) is in Gdorian scale, unnamed is i think Bminor.

all the "extra" notes are parts of scales that are in tune with the chords that i play. example in Aminor, the notes A,B,C,D,E,F,G are all in tune in the natural minor scale(in this case it would be all the white keys on a keyboard)

look up jamcenter.com, it has a list of backing tracks and what notes you can play over them. once youve played the scales enough, it comes naturally to improvise stuff within them.

and since this erased one of my other posts, my other video i added is here [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iwOGc-lHhg"]Thrashy song[/url]
there is a good example of a short improvised solo in Eminor.

oh and to nadez,

You Are Awesome!
:D[/quote]
k... time to redeem... I'll write a bit of a blurb on Thrashy...

Pretty sweet. I'm not a thrash metal type fan, but it was pretty structured. I liked your solo. Lots of meedly-meedlies and some harmonics. thumbs up man.

Oh, and I wanna thank you for linking the jam centre... great resource!

Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1473652' date='Mar 7 2008, 03:04 PM']well, when i am playing more than one note at once then yes, it would be a chord. riptide, stepdown are in Dminor, hickory and blueberry are in Aminor, the cool metal on(get bent!) is in Gdorian scale, unnamed is i think Bminor.

all the "extra" notes are parts of scales that are in tune with the chords that i play. example in Aminor, the notes A,B,C,D,E,F,G are all in tune in the natural minor scale(in this case it would be all the white keys on a keyboard)

look up jamcenter.com, it has a list of backing tracks and what notes you can play over them. once youve played the scales enough, it comes naturally to improvise stuff within them.

and since this erased one of my other posts, my other video i added is here [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iwOGc-lHhg"]Thrashy song[/url]
there is a good example of a short improvised solo in Eminor.

oh and to nadez,

You Are Awesome!
:D[/quote]

I play guitar also; electric only though. But I can relate to the metal riffs - and the Iron Maiden shirt!
Riptide sounded a bit like them, with the galloping open E's.

I really like the Hickory song, but I tend to like the more southern rock feel to songs. My only suggestion would be to cut out the fast hammer ons on the B string? I can't tell, it looks like your playing 0-2-0-4-0-5.. or something? I dunno that sounds a little too AC\DC for that song.

BTW I liked the ESP! I have an ESP M-250 (M model with HSH). I love playing it, plays so fast... But I also have a Les Paul DC that has a much fuller sound; I mostly play it.

Ok wow I just watched the Thrashy video... that one by far is the best.. hand down.. the main riff is pretty good, then the little bridge sounding riff at :18 really caught my ear.. but the sweet one was at :29ish right before the solo. Good improv solo very clean.

Posted

and the guitarist comes out to review. :cool: Yay! More capable hands!

Posted

hey thanks for looking at this again. and to rkwright for the comments. riptide actually has the gallops on the D and A strings :P my esp is the ltd ex260 if you were wondering. thanks i really like the thrashy one. its simple but there is a lot of drive behind it. that was the first time i had played anything other that the very opening riff, ill have to remember the other parts for future reference, i guess they turned out well enough.
gonn keep on posting in this thread whenever i come up with some more stuff, if you guys are interested.

and to crosscut, or pinkcitronnade, i really think you are amazing on piano! il have to make a video of me playing "la valse de amelie" or the outro to "floods" on piano, or some of the melodies i have come up with. i dont actually play piano, but i do like to noodle on it :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...