Mitchell_b55 Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 Talented. I liked Blueberry, probably since I'm not the biggest fan of the electric guitar. I commented as Lordkeeperoftheseal, but I just said 'Not bad at all,' so don't expect anything edifying.
rkwright Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1474856' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:33 AM']hey thanks for looking at this again. and to rkwright for the comments. riptide actually has the gallops on the D and A strings my esp is the ltd ex260 if you were wondering. thanks i really like the thrashy one. its simple but there is a lot of drive behind it. that was the first time i had played anything other that the very opening riff, ill have to remember the other parts for future reference, i guess they turned out well enough. gonn keep on posting in this thread whenever i come up with some more stuff, if you guys are interested. and to crosscut, or pinkcitronnade, i really think you are amazing on piano! il have to make a video of me playing "la valse de amelie" or the outro to "floods" on piano, or some of the melodies i have come up with. i dont actually play piano, but i do like to noodle on it [/quote] I have always wanted to know, how does the explorer style body feel? I've never actually picked one up and played it, and have been tempted to look into one.
Jesus_lol Posted March 10, 2008 Author Posted March 10, 2008 umm its great for playing, unfortunately it is unbalanced when you are playing standing up with a strap. the neck dives. other than that its great. but that is annoying.
SaintOfVirtue Posted March 22, 2008 Posted March 22, 2008 (edited) I'd like TABs for Stepdown and the Unnamed one. Edited March 22, 2008 by SaintOfVirtue
SaintOfVirtue Posted March 22, 2008 Posted March 22, 2008 I also have been looking into buying an electric guitar... what makes a good all around electric guitar? does the style of body (stratocaster, telecaster, Les Paul) affect the sound? what type of amp is best? Humbucker pickups are a given.
Jesus_lol Posted March 22, 2008 Author Posted March 22, 2008 you want me to tab those out for you? ok well ive had a few people ask for me to write up the tabs for them, when i get around to it ill either post em here or send them to you. good all around guitar? dont get one with a whammy bar (floyd rose) like the white one io play. takes like an hour to restring, and introduces a lot of weird downsides when you are playing. umm, body stryle doesnt much change your sound, mostly aesthetics and comfort. however what would it is made of can change the tone, [url="http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm"]http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm[/url] is a good list of them. ampwise, go with what you can afford, and then some. you will have the amp for a while, longer than your guitar probably (that black guitar is my third, same amp) so dont scrimp and buy a little practise amp with one decent sound. other than that go with what you like.
jeffpugh Posted March 22, 2008 Posted March 22, 2008 Instrument hunting takes time. I helped a friend buy a bass once. Basically, we went around to ALL the music stores and tried their stuff. You're not obligated to buy. Just try, compare, and go to another store that deals other instruments. After that, decide what you want. That's what I'd recommend.
CrossCuT Posted March 22, 2008 Posted March 22, 2008 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1474856' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:33 AM']and to crosscut, or pinkcitronnade, i really think you are amazing on piano! il have to make a video of me playing "la valse de amelie" or the outro to "floods" on piano, or some of the melodies i have come up with. i dont actually play piano, but i do like to noodle on it [/quote] [size=1]Thats great! Id love to hear something youve made up! I only mess around with stuff I like...I cant make up my own, though I have tried (and failed minserably!) [/size]
Jesus_lol Posted April 5, 2008 Author Posted April 5, 2008 I made a New One! its a improvised guitar solo! and its neat! and fast! and got lots of meedly meedlies in it! anyways heres the link [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi30o94iXRw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi30o94iXRw[/url] starts off a little slow, but stay with it, it gets better (i think) and sorry, made a couple messups, first time playing any of that
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 5, 2008 Posted April 5, 2008 I just watched all your videos. Very cool. I cuddle with my weeble and wub that all your shirts say something--my fav. was the "Lets just assume" one. haha
Jesus_lol Posted April 5, 2008 Author Posted April 5, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1492899' date='Apr 5 2008, 04:57 AM']I just watched all your videos. Very cool. I cuddle with my weeble and wub that all your shirts say something--my fav. was the "Lets just assume" one. haha[/quote] haha thanks. [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1492899' date='Apr 5 2008, 04:57 AM']I cuddle with my weeble[/quote] wait... what?
hoosieranna Posted April 5, 2008 Posted April 5, 2008 The most recent was pretty cool. The guitar sound was a little fuzzy for my taste. I like it more crystalline. Again, that is just me. The only other thing I noticed was relative volumes. The backing track was sort of distracting when I was trying only to listen to the guitar. Solo itself was compelling.
jeffpugh Posted April 5, 2008 Posted April 5, 2008 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1492891' date='Apr 5 2008, 03:01 AM']I made a New One! its a improvised guitar solo! and its neat! and fast! and got lots of meedly meedlies in it! anyways heres the link [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi30o94iXRw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi30o94iXRw[/url] starts off a little slow, but stay with it, it gets better (i think) and sorry, made a couple messups, first time playing any of that[/quote] That was epic. I dig how you casually used the term "Meedly-meedly" in a sentence. :thumbup: I think the accompaniment was a bit too foregroundish, but I can understand there can be balance problems with cameras... As for appologising for mistakes in that take... don't! cause sometimes "wrong notes" can add some "Intentional" flavour if you know what I mean Good job. I'd like to rawk with you some day.
Jesus_lol Posted April 6, 2008 Author Posted April 6, 2008 hmmm, yeah i need to figure out how to balance the audio better. cause i need the backing to be loud, to get a good sense of the rhythm and melody, and dont want to turn up the guitar too much. and the speakers are closer to the camera. ahh, ill fix it next time. oh by the way SMM, the backing track is from the jamcenter.com site i posted earlier. they are pretty good eh? that would be the D metal one. it recommends a major key, but i used minor, sounds better i think. i hope to put up more of those, in different music styles later
Autumn Dusk Posted April 6, 2008 Posted April 6, 2008 the best way to get good audio for a guitar is a direct connect. If you're really serious about your music than get alot of stuff for your computer and recoding.
uruviel Posted April 7, 2008 Posted April 7, 2008 ok so first of all, you rock, both literally and metaphorically. But stepdown hickory and unarmed, and riptide were my favorite by far, soooo amazing. The acoustic wasn't nearly as fantastic as the electric, I can't believe you!! You are awesome
jeffpugh Posted April 7, 2008 Posted April 7, 2008 Yeah, that dude is rawkin. Only if there's a way to jam on line with people...
Jesus_lol Posted April 8, 2008 Author Posted April 8, 2008 yeah that would be sweet! i mean we could always record parts in video separately(say you making rhythm and me on lead) then super impose them. i t would look like we are jamming!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now