Jesus_lol Posted August 6, 2008 Author Posted August 6, 2008 Well, it has been a loooong time since i have updated this thread. this iteration brings as per your requests.... TABS! first a complete and detailed tab of the song Riptide, available [url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_unsigned_bands/nick_walton_-_riptide_tab.htm"]HERE[/url] took me a while to finish that one. and the tab for Step Down can go right here as it is short! [code]Nick Walton - Step Down (main riff) d u u d u u d u u d u u e|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- b|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- g|-7--7-----7-------------5--5-----5---------------------------------------------------------- d|-7--7-----7---7h8p7p5p3-5--5-----5-2h3---------5--5-----5-2h3---------5--5-----5------------ a|-5----5-5-5-5-----------3----3-3-3-----3h5-0h1-5--5-----5-----3h5-0h1-5--5-----5------------ E|-----------------------------------------------3----3-3-3-------------3----3-3-3------------ x x x x x x x x then repeat, ad nauseum the ending section(empty part of tab at end, is either a short pause or a short improvisation fill, it is the same length of time as the other legato fills) watch the video, first song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQtt5tS91I&feature=user the letters above the tab "d" and "u" refer to how you strum that particular chord, downstroke or upstroke. the "x" below the tab signifies which note are palm muted, to get a chuggy sort of sound.[/code]
abercius24 Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Man do I love that British metal sound! Very nice!
Jesus_lol Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 thanks abercius! which song are you referring to? or all of them? i have been trying to figure out what my playing style is.
abercius24 Posted August 9, 2008 Posted August 9, 2008 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1621650' date='Aug 8 2008, 03:05 PM']thanks abercius! which song are you referring to? or all of them? i have been trying to figure out what my playing style is.[/quote] Clearly all of them are excellent, but definitely the last few are of my favorite metal style. As far as assessing your style, I can tell you what I hear in each riff. The first video of the acoustic song is of a classic hard rock ballad style, similar to Queensryche (Silent Lucidity) or Pink Floyd. The second video has a chunky blues rock style on the first two riffs, similar to what I'd heard from Steve Vai. The third riff of the second video and the riffs from the third and fourth video are clearly of a British metal sound (a heavy influence of Iron Maiden). I could totally see that third riff fitting on the Seventh Son album. Very nice!
dominicansoul Posted August 9, 2008 Posted August 9, 2008 i wish i was as talented on guitar as you! This is cool beans....
Jesus_lol Posted August 9, 2008 Author Posted August 9, 2008 [img]http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/gallery/hot_rod/hot_rod5.jpg[/img] cool beans. thanks abercius, that was great! and to the peeps reading this for the first time, newer videos are scattered throughout the thread! iof only i could edit the links into the first post.
abercius24 Posted August 10, 2008 Posted August 10, 2008 By the way, I'm sure you'll dig this guy! He plays a double guitar -- one of the most amazing guitar soloists I've ever seen! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fV2aGO83l4"]Michael Angelo Batio on YouTube.com[/url]
Jesus_lol Posted November 11, 2008 Author Posted November 11, 2008 (edited) havent been on this thread in a while, seems i need to start recording again! especially now i got a new big amp! btw, there is one new video, i already posted it here in a short lived thread, but in the interest of completion i will repost here on this thread. some new riffs, new gear, worse camera, new gimmick, new improv, got it all! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-LmnluqR4"]A balanced Diet[/url] i should make a song out of some of those parts edit: to abercius, i have seen that video before. impressive but ultimately if it werent for the video, that would be an amazingly lame song. i actually really like some of his stuff like "speed kills" Edited November 11, 2008 by Jesus_lol
jeffpugh Posted November 12, 2008 Posted November 12, 2008 I like the Abercius commentary. Thanks for the tabulature. I'll decipher that whence I get an axe... I currently do not have one here at university...
abercius24 Posted November 14, 2008 Posted November 14, 2008 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1699712' date='Nov 11 2008, 06:45 PM']havent been on this thread in a while, seems i need to start recording again! especially now i got a new big amp! btw, there is one new video, i already posted it here in a short lived thread, but in the interest of completion i will repost here on this thread. some new riffs, new gear, worse camera, new gimmick, new improv, got it all! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-LmnluqR4"]A balanced Diet[/url] i should make a song out of some of those parts edit: to abercius, i have seen that video before. impressive but ultimately if it werent for the video, that would be an amazingly lame song. i actually really like some of his stuff like "speed kills"[/quote] I hear you there. Actually, I couldn't find the video somebody first showed me, so I guess I settled for that one. I'll check out "speed kills". It sounds up my alley.
Jesus_lol Posted February 9, 2009 Author Posted February 9, 2009 ALRIGHT!!! a new video!! i wrote this one recently, and its kind of a valentines thing for christie. anyways its another instrumental, but clean with no distortion. (i recorded a rocking one as well, it is later in the video) [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2HMeCHkEg&feature=channel_page"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2HMeCHkEg...re=channel_page[/url] hope you guys like it!
jeffpugh Posted February 9, 2009 Posted February 9, 2009 Dude, you cut your hair I finally have an axe here, so I can check out your stuff... maybe pen out a bit of a counter-riff for ya to check out... if I make the time. Like the new one... really, ballad-like.
Christie_M Posted February 9, 2009 Posted February 9, 2009 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1776737' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:08 AM']Dude, you cut your hair [/quote]
jeffpugh Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 Actually, it's not bad. It's just that it sorta breaks the "norms" concerning a rocker's mop. do. w/e. Personally, I sorta wanna grow my hair long
Jesus_lol Posted February 20, 2009 Author Posted February 20, 2009 (edited) a new video of some improv work at an open mic last night. sorry its a bad quality video, sound is clear though, if a bit unbalanced at times. some really pretty melodies if i say so myself! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip9xViac8yI&feature=channel_page"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip9xViac8yI...re=channel_page[/url] btw, i am the guy on the right, playing the electric Edited February 20, 2009 by Jesus_lol
mcts Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1776707' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:03 AM']ALRIGHT!!! a new video!! i wrote this one recently, and its kind of a valentines thing for christie. anyways its another instrumental, but clean with no distortion. (i recorded a rocking one as well, it is later in the video) [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2HMeCHkEg&feature=channel_page"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2HMeCHkEg...re=channel_page[/url] hope you guys like it![/quote] that's awesome!!!
kafka Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 Nice Job! Is that an R.E.M. song youre not playing with phatmass Jeff? Or are you?
Jesus_lol Posted February 20, 2009 Author Posted February 20, 2009 nope, not the phatmass Jeff unfortunately. and no that is an original song by the singer. all that i was playing was mine, and made up on the spot. thanks!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now