Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 Jennie (StColette) and I would like to introduce to the world God's first blessing on our new family, who will be named either Mary Catherine or Aaron Michael. As this indicates, we do not know the sex. [size=7]If anyone is trained well enough to tell the sex, please don't tell us![/size] Thank you for your courtesy. Please pray for our family as we grow. God bless, Micah Baby Murphy at 10 weeks, 1 day: [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/PrRaphael/BabyMurphy.jpg[/img] Baby Murphy at 14 weeks, 1 day: [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/PrRaphael/BabyMurphyIV.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/PrRaphael/BabyMurphyIVcommentary.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/PrRaphael/BabyMurphyIII.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/PrRaphael/BabyMurphyIIIcommentary.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/PrRaphael/BabyMurphyII-1.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/PrRaphael/BabyMurphyIIcommentary.jpg[/img]
Archaeology cat Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 I'm not sure they can always tell at 14 weeks anyway, but you have nothing to fear from me - I can never tell from looking at ultrasounds. I do love that you got the baby sucking his/her thumb.
prose Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 I think I can tell... but for the record, I have been wrong 100% of the time that I have EVER guessed gender. Always. Not one right. Ever. So Maybe I just know what it is not.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 6, 2008 Author Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='prose' post='1520374' date='May 6 2008, 12:20 PM']I think I can tell... but for the record, I have been wrong 100% of the time that I have EVER guessed gender. Always. Not one right. Ever. So Maybe I just know what it is not.[/quote] Ah, the apophatic approach to sexual anthropology.
StColette Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='Raphael' post='1520376' date='May 6 2008, 12:22 PM']Ah, the apophatic approach to sexual anthropology.[/quote] lol Check your work email! my baby
Deb Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 Wow. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I can't tell what sex your baby is. I can barely tell in adults. I love your name choices! Congratulations and God Bless you and your most precious little growing gift.
doe-jo Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 (edited) hooray for babies! Congratulations and may God bless your family! Edited May 6, 2008 by doe-jo
dUSt Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 I don't think you're going to have a boy or a girl... from these pictures, it looks like you're going to have a peanut.
XIX Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 I hope the baby gets some color at least...it would be awkward to have a black and white baby crawling around.
CatholicCid Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='dust (the ultra-handsome' post='1520709' date='May 6 2008, 04:44 PM']I don't think you're going to have a boy or a girl... from these pictures, it looks like you're going to have a peanut.[/quote] While I may be only a simple country doctor <snaps suspenders>, I believe you mean an orange.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 6, 2008 Author Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='dust (the ultra-handsome' post='1520709' date='May 6 2008, 05:44 PM']I don't think you're going to have a boy or a girl... from these pictures, it looks like you're going to have a peanut.[/quote] Actually, in the one where s/he's upside-down...kinda looks like an alien...
AngelofMusic Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 Well I think it looks like a BUFFALO. And the peanut thing I can see too... *turns head to side* It's kinda like looking at a Van Gogh painting. Or an abstract. *rubs imaginary goatee* Very very interesting......
littlesister Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Prayers and joy, of course. God bless
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1520359' date='May 6 2008, 12:42 PM']I'm not sure they can always tell at 14 weeks anyway, but you have nothing to fear from me - I can never tell from looking at ultrasounds. I do love that you got the baby sucking his/her thumb. [/quote] Yeah, I am pretty sure even the ultra sound techs can't figure it out at this stage. Then usually wait until around week 20 to take a stab at figuring out what the baby's sex it. The pictures are great Micah and Jennie. Amazing to see your little one moving around on that screen, isn't it?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 7, 2008 Author Posted May 7, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1521277' date='May 7 2008, 11:52 AM']The pictures are great Micah and Jennie. Amazing to see your little one moving around on that screen, isn't it? [/quote] Yeah, it's incredible! It's so much easier to see tell what everything is while the baby's moving, too...it's like you look at it and at first you can't make anything out, and then WHAM! the baby moves and it all comes to life and you can see everything...so cool. My dad told me it's a boy. I said, "what gave you that impression, the fact that it has eyes and a mouth?"
StColette Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 (edited) [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1521277' date='May 7 2008, 11:52 AM']The pictures are great Micah and Jennie. Amazing to see your little one moving around on that screen, isn't it? [/quote] yep We watched the baby use its arms as flippers to swim/move around on Monday. It was amazing watching the baby reach up its little arm and bring it down to his/her face and start sucking his/her thumb. Edited May 7, 2008 by StColette
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now