Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It Pop Or Soda Or Soda Pop


Is Coke and like products (Pespi, Mountian Dew, etc) called Pop or Soda or Soda Pop?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

It's soda people.

Here in NY, when you say "pop", it usually means someone is going to end up in a river with cement shoes.

Posted

SODA? POP? SODA POP? your kidding me right?

COME ON GUYS THATS WHAT THEY CALLED IT IN WELCOME BACK KOTTER......

BACK IN THE DAYS!!! :sweat: This is the 2004 peeps! :cool:

LOLOL

:director: Its NOT called SODA nor POP, its NEITHER........ITS CALLED COKE!! :rolleyes:

:pepsi: :pepsi: :pepsi: :pepsi: :pepsi:

:rolling: :sweat:

*caps not for yelling, only to emphasize*

that right! :rolling:

Posted

SODA? POP? SODA POP? your kidding me right?

COME ON GUYS THATS WHAT THEY CALLED IT IN WELCOME BACK KOTTER......

BACK IN THE DAYS!!!  :sweat:  This is the 2004 peeps!  :cool:

LOLOL

:director:  Its NOT called SODA nor POP, its NEITHER........ITS CALLED COKE!!  :rolleyes:

:pepsi:  :pepsi:  :pepsi:  :pepsi:  :pepsi:

:rolling:  :sweat:

*caps not for yelling, only to emphasize*

Little Flower is right,

Here in the South everything is a COKE.

This includes coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, mountain dew, etc.

I usually use the term soda at restaraunts just in case any yankee folks are serving. :P

Posted

Growing up in Minnesota, it was pop! When I went to college in Wisconsin, my Milwaulkee friends got me hooked on saying soda (as well as bubbler, but that's a different story). So, even now I say soda... but I am among the few in this area.

Hehe

I know the history of the "bubbler." Evidently it was the brand of water fountains that was big in wisconsin so everybody now just calls it a bubbler. But I've heard they call it that in Boston, too. :blink:

It's soda here in wisconsin

Yeppers, and it should be that everywhere cuz it's right! :P

Posted

It has to be POP b/c it's a cool word and can be spelled backwards and still be the same word. If a dyslexic(?) person wanted something to drink the wouldn't want EKOC, ADOS, they would want POP!!!!

:P

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Must be a Mason-Dixon line thing... :rolleyes::wacko::P

Actually I think its an east/west thing. All the people midwest and beyond that I know call it pop and all the east coasters call it soda. Southerners call it coke, I knew one girl who asked for a coke and then said she wanted orange. lol

I say "soda", my husband says "pop"--sometimes when I ask him if he wants a soda I call it pop so he knows what I'm talking about. lol

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Oh, and you "pop" people need to get over it. POP is a noise. SODA is a beverage. :P

Posted

You do have to admit that pop is a lot for fun to say than anything else tho, esp. if you add emphasis on the p's. :D

pop is a noise, but also a drink!! :P

Posted

It is SO POP. In IL if you order a Soda people know what you are talking about but lok at you odd, you ARE defintly an out of towner. LOL. If you order a Coke, that is all that you get. A coke. If they have Pespi and you order a Coke, they say "Sorry, we don't have Coke, he have Pespi." LOL. I never knew people were so optinated about the whole pop v. soda thing. LOL. I can't rember who said it but didn't they stop making Moxie in like 1930?

Rebirth flame
Posted

i'd haveta say soda myself, though in indiana, i think more say pop...

i can't figure out why...

soda has that "flare" to it if you will... :P

homeschoolmom
Posted

I can't rember who said it but didn't they stop making Moxie in like 1930?

My understanding is that they still make and/or sell it in New England... which is where, I believe, they call soda "tonic."

:P

Posted

It is SO POP. In IL if you order a Soda people know what you are talking about but lok at you odd, you ARE defintly an out of towner. LOL.

No way. I've lived in Illinois my entire life, and it's ALWAYS been soda.

Or maybe it's just a P-dizzle town thing. :ph34r:

watch out, Katrina's ghettoness is coming out tonite. :cool:

Posted

why do you think its "soda pop" instead of "pop soda"....because soda is more important and therefore the more correct term

This is the most logical arguement I've seen all day. :graduate:

Posted

HEY, immaculata my town has a GOOD 1,700 people living in it!! What can you say to that?!?! J/K. I have always lived in or near Rockford and it has always been pop. It is so drilled in me when I see soda I read pop, lol.

homeschoolmom, I am going to Boston and New England this summer to look at BC, PC, and Harvard (I love to say that word, lol) I am going to find me some Moxie or bust.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

http://www.popvssoda.com/stats/ALL.html LOOK. There data has pop beating on soda and coke and other by more votes than the number that decided the last pres. election :lol: .

Actually, I think that that whole voting thing is bogus.

We all know its soda. The "pop" people made up that site to make themselves feel better. :P

Posted

Im from the old school wher everybody just calls any soda a coke. Its like ,what kinda a coke you want, and they are like "Dr. Pepper". :loco:

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

it may be soda, and make the pop sound BUT ITS CALLED COKE!!

worrd. foundsheep. word. :banana: :notworthy:

Posted

Flowery only us ghetto and country folk gonna know dat. and by the way I thought this was funny!

redneck.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...