prose Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 I think the beyonce clothes is cute. I probably couldn't afford to buy it, but I don't think it is slutty or revealing at all. Maybe the ad is a bit too much, but the clothes look fine to me. [img]http://gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2008/05/hodgirls.jpg[/img]
prose Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 (edited) With the exception of the heels. I would hope that no parent would put their child into high heeled shoes. Here is the clothing on their website. I think that it is really cute: [url="http://www.dereon.com/nshop/product.php?view=listing&dept=Girls&subDept=Girls716&groupName=Girls716Tops&both=yes"]http://www.dereon.com/nshop/product.php?vi...ps&both=yes[/url] Edited May 23, 2008 by prose
Norseman82 Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='isilzha' post='1538268' date='May 23 2008, 12:09 AM']I work at Quiznos[/quote] Is it the one right by me in the same plaza as the CVS? You may have waited on me and not known it!
Autumn Dusk Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 although they didn't show belly button one could hardly get skimpier than the 4-10 year old fasionin the mid 90's for little girls. Anyone remember "Sun suits" They were basically a bathing suit with spaghetti straps and a slightly more covering your bottom.
StColette Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='prose' post='1538587' date='May 23 2008, 10:54 AM']With the exception of the heels. I would hope that no parent would put their child into high heeled shoes.[/quote] I used to wear my mom's high heels around the house when I was little. lol Apparently Micah did too ROFL He's going to kill me
StColette Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 So this thread made me hungry. I just scarffed down a Big Mac and Large fry lol I haven't wanted hamburger meat in 4 months (pregnancy and all) lol but something really made me want a Big Mac
Archaeology cat Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [quote name='StColette' post='1538629' date='May 23 2008, 04:24 PM']I used to wear my mom's high heels around the house when I was little. lol Apparently Micah did too ROFL He's going to kill me[/quote] My little brother would wear my mom's red heels around the house when he was 2 or 3.
apparent Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 [url="http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1028202,00.html"]Lohan Becomes a Barbie[/url] pretty skanky clad barbie The red-haired plastic creation, dressed in a low-cut, figure-hugging dress and a fur-trimmer coat, lives up to Lohan's fashionable reputation.
LouisvilleFan Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 Anybody heard if there's been a reaction against McDonald's from customers over this? And if so, if the company has discontinued these toys? I thought about writing to McDonald's (both as a customer and shareholder), assuming they are still giving them out.
Autumn Dusk Posted May 23, 2008 Posted May 23, 2008 of course they are still giving them out. These toys are no worse or better than the toys produced for nearly the past 20 years.
MissScripture Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 [quote name='Brigid' post='1538188' date='May 22 2008, 10:31 PM']I have my simba too!! when I have kids, there's no way they're going to get Bratz. maybe, possibly, perhaps they'll get Barbies. but only if the Barbies are properly dressed, and only because I grew up with Barbies, and I turned out okay. [/quote] Just give them your old ones. That's what my mom did (sort of).
Justin86 Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 About the Beyonce clothes. I don't think they're sluttly in that they're too revealing, but they are awfully gaudy for five year olds. I mean really, who expects five year old girls to wear outfits like that? Why can't we just let kids be kids?
Autumn Dusk Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1539652' date='May 24 2008, 01:58 AM']About the Beyonce clothes. I don't think they're sluttly in that they're too revealing, but they are awfully gaudy for five year olds. I mean really, who expects five year old girls to wear outfits like that? Why can't we just let kids be kids?[/quote] At 5 I seem to remember gawdy being the coolest thing in the world.
Autumn Dusk Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1539793' date='May 24 2008, 10:33 AM']Not like that.[/quote] Actually worse. I designed my own jean jacket....I also designed my own sweat pants and tee shirts. I loved tye-dyed the bigger the better. And all my friends and I, kindergarden posse that we were, wore tee-shirts way too big for us with a knot...becuase thats what all the "cool kids" were doing.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 What do little boys get in their happy meals? Little plastic Hugh Hefners?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1539652' date='May 24 2008, 12:58 AM']About the Beyonce clothes. I don't think they're sluttly in that they're too revealing, but they are awfully gaudy for five year olds. I mean really, who expects five year old girls to wear outfits like that? Why can't we just let kids be kids?[/quote] I watched a family in my parish come out with their newly baptized toddler...in a three piece white suit, including a white top hat...he looked like P. Diddy. Up North, I would never have seen anything like it, but it's quite common in the culture down here to see people of all ages dressed in gaudy clothing. Jen went to look for interview clothing for her job and we couldn't find an appropriate dress because all they had were shiny gold-and-black dresses, half of them with dollar signs all over them...and this was at JC Penny. Gaudy, unfortunately, is back, and it frightens me, especially the dollar sign thing...you see them everywhere down here. There's a huge issue with people spending fortunes on flashy clothing and it just seems like such a waste.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now