An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Pope John Paul Ii Be Canonized?

Saint_Gemma_Galgani

The canonization of Pope John Paul II  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1555087' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:03 PM']In response to original question, yes, I do hope so![/quote]

Ditto.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1554868' date='Jun 2 2008, 06:21 PM']I'd be glad to, but I don't have that privilege on this board. Things like that and the inability to email others, comes with the property :smokey: . If you want, either you can contact me by email (should be in my profile). Otherwise Sacred Music Man's got a small forum where we are somewhat discussing some of the different ideas. We don't have anything really organized, but I can give a basic rundown of my belief there if you want:

[color="red"]Warning: The link is a forum with theological discussions, and some posts argue against the Church. --Era Might[/color] [url="http://z11.invisionfree.com/OGame_L33t_Aliance/"]http://z11.invisionfree.com/OGame_L33t_Aliance/[/url]

nah, no worries. I kinda liked it. In a weird sorta way.[/quote]
Dude... you should have put a disclaimer on my forum's link... :ninja: Not waited for a mod to do so. So yeah... now that the ninja's outa the shadows, cat's outa the bag... w/e, this forum was not intended for Catholic vs Catholic debate, but just became a temporary ground for discussion. I double-ly add the warning that if you're not grounded in the Catholic faith much, don't get in here. Besides, there's lots you might not understand anyways... btw, I strictly moderate this place, so consider it to be an altar PM, cept a radtrad is allowed to talk freely :unsure:

Hope this is okay, Mods :unsure:

goldenchild17

what he said. SMM if you're not comfortable with it then we don't have to continue. Doesn't really bother me. Whatever works for ya'll. I need to set up a message board for my site anyways, so if you don't want to have those kind of discussions on mine then maybe we can do something similar on my forum on my site.

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1554928' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:54 PM']Pope Saint John Paul the Great (that sounds so awesome) has already been canonized in the hearts and minds of the people.[/quote]

i've always been curious - why is it Pope Saint X instead of Saint Pope X?

Really this is an internal matter for the Latin Church to decide, but I see no reason to rush things.

• 2 weeks later...
Nihil Obstat

Should Pope John Paul II (the Great) be canonized?
No, not right this second. Why? Number of miracles.
Will John Paul II (the Great) be canonized?
I think so. Why? They'll find those miracles.

Just takes patience! :D