An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scapulars And Exercise

lilac_angel

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1576547' date='Jun 19 2008, 07:37 PM']Oh, yes, I Googled "athlete's scapular" and it too looked familiar. Those are cool. Also, this very Phatmass thread is result #4!!....haha... consider my socks rocked.[/quote]

We could google-bomb it to make it number one ... Everyone google "athlete's scapular" and click on the result for this thread! :devil:

Google works by a voting system -- the more clicks a link gets, the higher up it will be.

lilac_angel

Yeah, I don't know if there's a fivefold athlete's scapular either.

GOOGLE-BOMB... sounds fun!!!!

Oh no, it's lower now. Somebody must have been sabotaging our evil planzzzzz. :plankton:

Nihil Obstat

Google is how I found phatmass. ;D
I was looking for the official position on animals and souls and heaven because unfortunately we put one of our dogs to sleep the day before yesterday.
I found a thread on the subject which (to be honest) didn't make me feel very great, but I kept reading the forum and loved it, so here I am!
...and you can't get rid of me.

...and just so I'm not totally off topic:
I like this scapular thing, and I'll look into getting one in the future.

lilac_angel

yay for google... but I'm sorry to hear about your dog :(

i'm glad that something good could come out of a sad thing, though. and it's great to have you here. you seem quite eager to learn, contribute good things, and are a jolly addition to the pham!

& sounds good, be sure to let us know what you decide on if/when that happens =D

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1578316' date='Jun 21 2008, 12:16 AM']yay for google... but I'm sorry to hear about your dog :(

i'm glad that something good could come out of a sad thing, though. and it's great to have you here. you seem quite eager to learn, contribute good things, and are a jolly addition to the pham!

& sounds good, be sure to let us know what you decide on if/when that happens =D[/quote]
I'm glad to hear all of that. :)
Yea, it was a sad time.
I'm really liking this 'phorum' though. Hard to find like minded people sometimes.

TeresaBenedicta

I guess I have an athlete's scapular? I googled it to see what it looked like, since I had never heard of one before, and apparentally it's the same one I have.

Personally, I still have problems with it. Or, I did when I was wearing it. I'd be playing softball and it would slide all the way up on one side. Quite annoying.

Anywho, I've never been invested and I stopped wearing it mostly because I found that it would always tangle with my medals that I wear. Anyone else have that problem?

Noel's angel

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1577427' date='Jun 20 2008, 05:11 PM']Are you able to keep it discreet? Is it brown?

See, i'd switch if i could get both the brown and the green one.[/quote]

Aye, it's brown. If you put both medals to the back, the front slides right up around your neck, but you can balance it well with the St Benedict medal on the back and the crucifix on the front.