An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgical Changes Hit My Parish!

Sinner

As a Liturgical Nazi, I am very HAPPY!!!

We just had our first Mass at my Parish with the new Liturgical changes in the GIRM 2003. I must say it was the most beautiful and reverent Mass we have had for some time!!!!!! And to top that, it was a "Life Teen" Mass!! We were on our knees at the right time, bowing at the right time..... even the teens around the altar got on their knees for the Eucharistic Prayer (still not fond of the sharing the altar thingy). I thought I was going to cry during Communion. I have been praying for these changes for some time!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!

:lol: WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Wull Paladin, for some Parishes there may be no changes.... kinda depends on how liturgically liberal, wacky or sloppy your parish is. If your norm is liturgical dance... then you would notice some BIG changes! For us it really meant kneeling when saying "we are not worthy to receive You", Life Teens kneeling at altar during Eucharistic Prayer, everyone bowing when saying the part in the Creed about "born of the Virgin Mary, and became man" and everyone remaining standing until the Body of Christ is safely in the Tabernacle.... also bowing to the Body of Christ before receiving Communion. Just more reverent in general. THANK GOD!

*see the GIRM 2003 in the Reading Room if you are interested.

Edited by Sinner

Spiritual_Arsonist

As a Liturgical Nazi...

I am one of those too. Just wanted to make sure you guys knew that.

Cmom,

You are correct, people should remain kneeling until the tabernacle is closed. Additionally, a question could be raised regarding why lifeteens are around the altar at all during the Eucharistic prayer.

peace...

cmotherofpirl

"and everyone remaining standing until the Body of Christ is safely in the Tabernacle"

this is the part I don't understand.

cmotherofpirl

It is a term used by people who don't like liturgical correctness about those who do.

Thomas Michael

Yeah, but people here are referring to THEMSELVES as "Liturgical Nazis". It just makes me a bit uncomfortable, even as a cradle Catholic of German ancestry. And the word has the potential to cause Phatmass to be blocked from some workplaces if "Nazi" is included in the corporate word fiddlers.

How about y'all use "LC" (for "Liturgically Correct") or something?