An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgical Changes Hit My Parish!

Sinner

Thomas Michael

[quote name='the_rev' date='Mar 4 2004, 09:37 PM'] I'm a conservative CAtholic, and hate it when church's don't follow new changes! [/quote]
Am I the only one who saw the humor in this statement? :lol: :blink: :ph34r:

FIRST...May I say it sounds as if the majority of folks here would prefer a more traditional and reverential Mass centered on the Eucharist....... and really, this post is a celebration of that movement at my Parish, and I hope many others!! Catholic Lite has not won many vocations in my Diocese....while at the same time we have lost many youth to various Protestant "Fellowships" while we tried to copy their programs.
SECOND... I have decided to abstain from using the LN designation in future writing to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. Originally I had the phrase used against me as slander, and decided to wear it instead as a badge of honor.... but will now cease and desist.... Thank you Thomas Michael. Yeah and I think The Rev was being sarcastic??????

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='aByzantineCatholic' date='Mar 5 2004, 12:06 PM'] cmotherofpirl,

You said,

What's with the whole Mass? The Bishop can't even it get the New Mass correct to begin with. For example, [url="http://www.natcath.com/NCR_Online/archives2/2004a/012304/012304e.php"]New Mass translation said to be 'elegant,' closer to the Latin [/url]. Why hasn't it been "closer" to the Latin to begin with? I think we all know that there are two forces at work inside the Church.

Force A: The liberal - LifeTeen Mass group

and

Force B: The faithful - EWTN group

As long as the devil is around he will keep trying to divide us. Meanwhile, I don't believe in experments so I stick with Tradition! :D

Can't go around with Tradition! :cool:

God Bless! [/quote]
You did not answer my question.
This is not a debate board, and we do not pit catholic vs catholic at phatmass.

cmotherofpirl

Sinner what are you referring to here "and everyone remaining standing until the Body of Christ is safely in the Tabernacle"?

Thomas Michael

Let me just say I do find the whole situation pretty sad... maybe I should've used the word "irony", now that I think about it. The Church is trying to make things right with their trying to implement the changes to the Liturgy, and hardly anyone's willing to go along.

It was a teeny bit funny to see a conservative stating opposition to those NOT making changes, though... just from a semantics viewpoint. ;)

One can actually attend a valid Anglican Rite mass within the Catholic Church. I have an Anglican Rite parish near my home, and it's a beautiful mass.

aByzantineCatholic,
Please be careful when critisizing the Novus Ordo mass, because it shows disrespect to the Church's authority, which can not be tolerated here. I know that you feel that the Novus Ordo is valid if done correctly, so try to limit your negative comments to the actual abuses without making generalities about the whole mass.

God bless.

cmotherofpirl

I'm gonna email EWTN with a suggestion for a series. I would like them to film a Mass from each of the 22-3 different rites of the Church, and broadcast them. I think it would be a great message on the universality of the Church.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Mar 8 2004, 07:08 AM'] Sinner what are you referring to here "and everyone remaining standing until the Body of Christ is safely in the Tabernacle"? [/quote]
[color=red][b]CMOM[/b][/color]
Please see my answer to your question about standing on page 2 under "CMOM"
Peace...... :ph34r:

I think he means when the local Parish doesn't follow the "new" implementation of the GIRM 2003???
Right?
Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk!!!!!