An Old School Catholic Message Board

Describe Yourself

pan!c139

Domine ut Videam

wow...lets try that again

Height: 5'7.5"

Things I like to do: read, watch movies, to to mass, listen to music, normal things....

Fav bands: The Beatles, U2, Bon Jovie, James Taylor, Mozart, Beethoven, oldies....

My theme song: It's a Great day to be alive

Fav subjects: History, Political Science, Theology

Fav movies: The Pursuit of Happyness, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Life is beautiful, Juno, enchanted, Bella, Little Miss Sunshine, Anne of Avonlea/Green Gables, LOTR's, Harry Potter's, Signs, Sense and Sensibility, The Village, Babette's Feast, Pirate's of the Carribean #1, Stranger than Fiction

Favorite Movie Line: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a *darn"

Fav books: Kristin Lavransdatter, Eat Pray love, Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light, Crime and Punishment, Candide, Les Miserables, Jane Eyre, The Religious Sense, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, The Aeneid, Until We Meet Again, The Life you Save Might Be your Own, any poetry

Fav TV: Project Runway, The Office

Fav Musicals: Sound of Music, Enchanted, Wicked, My Fair Lady, I could go on and on....

Fav Songs: can't choose

Fav Bible books: Gospel of John and Job

Fav Bible verse: "I desire mercy and not sacrifice"

Fav prayer: Anima Christi/memorare

Fav flower: roses

Fav fruit: raspberry

Fav sport: synchronized swimming

Fav animals: turtle

Fav colors:pink

Fav saints: St, Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, St. Therese, St. Benedict, etc...

Fav food: plain food

Fav candy: peanut butter cups

Fav place to be: Church, school (Benedictine)

Fav drink: water

Fav chips: Salt and Vingar, Pringles, Doritos

Fav ice cream: chocolate

Fav superhero: larry-boy

Music: classic rock, oldies, r&b, folk

Fav jobs: religious

Fears: dying without being able to go to confession

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Height: 4 “10

Things I like to do: read, PM, watch movies, listen to music, hang out with my brothers and sisters
Fav bands: Blink 182, Boys Like Girls, Coldplay, Mana, Daddy Yankee, Dom Omar, Aventura

Fav singers: Justin Timberlake, A

Actors: Johnny Depp, Jim Caviezel, Will Ferrel, Mel Gibson, Matt Damon, Gael Garcia Bernal, Sean Penn,
Dinsel Washington

Fav actresses: Julia Roberts, Sally Fields, Meg Ryan,

Fav old actors/actresses: Lucille Ball, F

Favorite Comedians: Carlos Mancia, Bernie Mac,

Celebrities I can’t stand: Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan,

My theme song: NA

Fav subjects: History, Art,

Fav movies: Tombstone, The Passion, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3, The Patriot, The Sixth Sense, Gladiator, The Final Season, The Chronicles of Narnia, Saw 1-4,

Favorite Movie Line: “I'm your huckleberry?!?!”, “You can't handle the truth.”

Fav books: Silence of the Lamb

Fav Music Video:

Fav TV: So You Think You Can Dance, Grey's Anatomy, I Love Lucy, Rescue Me,

Fav Musicals: Nope not for me.....

Fav Songs: Too many I guess anything from Blink 182

Fav flower: Orchad

Fav fruit: Pomegranate,

Fav sport: Hockey, and Baseball

Fav animals: Turtles, dolphin

Fav colors: pink, Brown, Black

Fav saints: St. Michael, St. Catherine

Fav food: Mexican food

Fav candy: Hershey’s,

Fav place to be: Church

Fav fast food restaurant: Danielita's

Fav soda: Coke

Fav drink: Tea

Fav chips: Pringles

Fav jokes: funny ones

Fav ice cream: Cake batter with Reese Pieces

Fav Disney Princess: Sleeping Beauty

Fav cartoon Character:

Fav superhero: Wonder woman

Music: Punk, rock, alternative, some hip-hop, a little pop… bout everything

Fears: Natural disasters, spiders and bugs, pain,

Am I done yet

;)

• 3 years later...
FutureSister2009

I love doing this stuff!

Height: 5 “10

Things I like to do: read, watch TV, go to NYC, Adoration

Fav bands: Casting Crowns, Hillsong, MercyMe, NeedtoBreathe

Fav singers: Josh Groban, Danielle Rose, Chris Tomlin, Matt Maher

Fav actors: Not many great ones nowadays

Fav actresses: Reese Witherspoon, Anne Hathaway, Julie Andrews

Fav old actors/actresses: Judy Garland, Lucile Balle, the Cast of Golden Girls

Favorite Comedians: Bill Cosby, The Cast of Whose Line is it anyway

Celebrities I can’t stand: Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Tom Cruise, Justin Bieber

My theme song: None But Jesus

Fav subjects: Theology and Music

Fav movies: Most Religious/Saint Movies and a lot of Disney Movies

Favorite Movie Line: “BEST DAY EVER!"

Fav books: The Catcher in the Rye, any Nicholas Sparks, The Story of a Soul

Fav Music Video: You're Beautiful-MercyMe

Fav TV: Glee, Family Guy, Truth in the Heart, Good Luck Charlie, Shake it Up, Victorious, iCarly

Fav Musicals: Wicked, Les Mis, Joseph,Next to Normal

Fav Songs: None But Jesus, Won't you be my love, Something Beautiful, most Danielle Rose songs

Fav Bible books: Matthew, Psalms, Luke, Genesis

Fav Bible verse: Romans 8:28

Fav prayer: Memorare

Fav flower: Rose, Sunflower, Lily,

Fav fruit: Apples and bananas!!

Fav Magazines: Liguorian,The Catholic World Report

Fav sport: dance

Fav animals: horse, dog, cat, panda

Fav colors: all shades of pink, purple, certain shades of blue

Fav saints: St. Therese, St, Monica, St. Rita, St. Cecilia

Fav food: potatoes, Mexican food, chicken, pasta

Fav candy: Hershey’s, Twix, M & M’s, Crunch, Skittles, Butterfinger, Starburst, Nerds,

Fav place to be: movie theatre, Church, NYC

Fav fast food restaurant: Chik Fil A

Fav author: Nicholas Sparks

Fav cars:

Fav soda: Cherry anything

Fav drink: chai tea

Fav chips: standard

Fav jokes: clean ones

Fav ice cream: Chocolate

Fav Disney Princess: Belle, Rapunzel

Fav cartoon Character: Spongebob Squarepants, Tinkerbell, Disney girls

Fav superhero:

Music: Christian, Showtunes

Fav jobs: Actress, Religous Life

Fears: Natural disasters, spiders and bugs, pain, demonic possession, the end the world, criminals, snakes

It should be *illegal* to resurrect a thread from 2008!!!! Unless ... its an update on (for example) a person's entrance into religious life, or something of the sort.

Groo ... where are you?

... ok ranting done. Carry on.

dominicansoul

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1216485330' post='1603354']
[b]Fav actors:[/b] William Moseley, Skandar Keynes ...
[b]Fav fast food restaurant:[/b] Burger King
[/quote]

what the hey? who are these people? AND BURGER KING????? :x

...this must have been "a post while drinking" day ...

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1317618879' post='2314418']

what the hey? who are these people? AND BURGER KING????? :x

...this must have been "a post while drinking" day ...
[/quote]

is there ever a "post while sober" day? :P

OnlySunshine

[u][b]Things I like to do[/b][/u]: read, watch movies, listen to music, sing, dance, go for walks

[u][b]Fave bands[/b][/u]: Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Hillsong, Celtic Woman (before they changed the singers)

[u][b]Fave singers[/b][/u]: Josh Groban, Celine Dion, Lisa Kelly (from Celtic Woman; she and I have similar singing voices)

[u][b]Fave actors[/b][/u]: Gerard Butler, Harrison Ford, Nicolas Cage, Jim Caviezel, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Matthew Perry, Jim Carrey, Rob Schneider, Justin Bartha, Richard Gere, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson

[u][b]Fave actresses[/b][/u]: Laura Linney (I thought she was excellent in Exorcism of Emily Rose), Sandra Bullock (same birthday as me), Kate Winslet, Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie, Diane Kruger, Drew Barrymore, Kathy Bates, Sally Field, Julia Roberts, Claire Danes (in her old stuff like Little Women), Winona Ryder, Nicole Kidman, Jodie Foster, Bonnie Hunt, Helen Hunt, Laura Innes (from ER as Dr. Weaver), Ashley Judd, Diane Keaton, Reese Witherspoon, Julianna Marguiles (I could go on and on...)

[u][b]Fave old actors/actresses[/b][/u]: Jessica Tandy (I miss her!), Jimmy Stewart, Lucille Ball, Stan Laurel, Shemp Howard, Curly Howard, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Julie Andrews, Jerry Lewis

[b][u]Favorite Comedians[/u][/b]: Red Skelton, Victor Borge, Jerry Lewis, Stan Laurel, Shemp Howard, Curly Howard, Jim Carrey

[u][b]Celebrities I can’t stand[/b][/u]: Justin Bieber, Kirstie Alley, Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Howie Mandel, Nick Cannon, Mariah Carey, Montel Williams, Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, Barbara Hershey, Justin Timberlake

[u][b]My theme songs[/b][/u]: [i]Who Am I[/i] by Casting Crowns, [i]The Summons[/i], [i]None But Jesus[/i] by Hillsong, [i]A World to Believe In[/i] by Celine Dion

[u][b]Fave subjects[/b][/u]: Natural Sciences, English, Humanities

[u][b]Fave movies[/b][/u]: Tangled, I Remember Mama, The Nativity Story, P.S. I Love You, Monsters Inc, Homeward Bound, Rab Ne Bana De Jodi, Phantom of the Opera (2004), Therese (2004), Air Force One, What Lies Beneath, The Fugitive, Lara Croft: The Cradle of Life, Little Women (1996), First Wives' Club, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Apollo 13, National Treasure, Speed, Baby Boom, As Good As It Gets, Passion of the Christ, Sybil, Steel Magnolias, Fly Away Home

[u][b]Favorite Movie Line[/b][/u]: "You're a doodle, Mama.", "I wouldn't be afraid of death if I was you. I'd be more afraid of driving in rush hour traffic.", "A heart can be broken, but it will keep beating just the same.", "That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol.", "Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt."

[u][b]Fave books:[/b][/u] Bible, I Believe In Love, Story of a Soul

[u][b]Fave Music Video[/b][/u]: Here It Goes Again (Ok Go), That's The Way It Is (Celine Dion), I'm Alive (Celine Dion)

[u][b]Fave TV[/b][/u]: Keeping Up Appearances, ER, Big Cat Diary, Friends, Mr. Bean, America's Test Kitchen, Julia Child's Master Chefs

[u][b]Fave Musicals[/b][/u]: Phantom of the Opera, Mary Poppins, Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella (with Lesley Ann Warren), Sound of Music, Wicked

[u][b]Fave Songs[/b][/u]: (see theme songs) Celine Dion's songs, [i]Caledonia[/i] by Lisa Kelly, [i]Dulaman[/i] by Meav Ni Mhaolchatha, [i]Sing Out[/i] by Celtic Woman, [i]Amazing Grace[/i] by Celtic Woman (I normally don't like bagpipes, but they are amesome in this song!), [i]Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)[/i] by Chris Tomlin

[u][b]Fave Bible books[/b][/u]: Gospel of Luke, Romans, Philippians

[u][b]Fave Bible verses[/b][/u]: Romans 12:2, Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28, 1 Corinthians 13:4-13, Matthew 16:24-27

[u][b]Fave prayers[/b][/u]: Hail Mary, Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen), Psalm 51, Lord's Prayer, Apostles' Creed

[u][b]Fave flowers[/b][/u]: Rose, Daisy, Casablanca Lily, Tulips, Hydrangea, Gladiolus

[u][b]Fave fruit[/b][/u]: Strawberries, Apples, Clementine Oranges, Watermelon, Honeydew Melon, Pineapple, Grapes

[u][b]Fave Magazines[/b][/u]: Fitness, Whole Living

[u][b]Fave sport[/b][/u]: Tennis, bowling

[u][b]Fave animals[/b][/u]: dogs, African Leopard, Cheetah, African Lion, Giraffe, Zebra, Quarter Horse

[u][b]Fave colors[/b][/u]: Royal Purple, Royal Blue, Ceylon Blue, Fuchsia, Pink, Red

[u][b]Fave LOTR character[/b][/u]: Arwen, Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn

[u][b]Fave saints[/b][/u]: St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Rose of Lima, St. Elizabeth of the Visitation, St. Elizabeth of Hungary, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Dominic, St. Martin de Porres, St. Teresa of the Andes, Bl. John Paul II, Bl. Louis and Zelie Martin, Ven. Catherine McAuley, St. Paul, St. John the Evangelist, St. John the Baptist, St. Anne, St. Joachim, St. Joseph, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. Bernard of Clairveaux

[u][b]Fave food[/b][/u]: Roast Chicken, Roast Turkey, Roast Beef, Pot Roast, Mashed Red Potatoes with Gravy, Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts (yes, I love 'em!), Artichokes, Wild Salmon, Bacon Cheeseburger, French Fries from Wendy's

[u][b]Fave candy[/b][/u]: York Peppermint Patty, Three Musketeers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Kit Kat, Snickers, 5th Avenue Bar, Whatchamacallit

[u][b]Fave place to be[/b][/u]: Church, convent, mountains, in my room

[u][b]Fave fast food restaurant[/b][/u]: Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, Subway

[u][b]Fave author[/b][/u]: Fr. Andrew Apostoli, Cecilia Ahern

[u][b]Fave cars[/b][/u]: Honda Accord, Pontiac Grand Prix (2006 model in black), Chrysler PT Cruiser, Toyota Prius

[u][b]Fave soda[/b][/u]: Barq's Root Beer, Coca-Cola (don't drink it that often), Sprite, Blood Orange Italian Soda

[u][b]Fave drink[/b][/u]: McDonald's Half-and-Half Iced Tea, Hot Tea (Twining's English Breakfast and Lady Grey)

[u][b]Fave chips[/b][/u]: Herr's Salt and Vinegar, Pringles Lightly Salted, Lay's Barbeque, Lay's Sour Cream and Onion

[u][b]Fave jokes[/b][/u]: don't really have any

[u][b]Fave ice cream[/b][/u]: DQ Vanilla Blizzard with Snicker pieces

[u][b]Fave Disney Princess[/b][/u]: Rapunzel, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella

[u][b]Fave Cartoon Character[/b][/u]: Bugs Bunny

[u][b]Fave superhero[/b][/u]: Don't have one because I hate watching superhero movies

[u][b]Music[/b][/u]: Classical, Gaelic, Pop, Christian Contemporary

[u][b]Fave jobs[/b][/u]: Nun or Sister

[u][b]Fears[/b][/u]: Rats, poisonous snakes, heights, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes (though I do think tornadoes are rather interesting)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

If you like cheetahs, here's a picture I took from inside their cage at the Oklahoma City zoo. Long story.
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4620225740_0ecca46fcc.jpg[/img]

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1317616267' post='2314408']
I was surprised by how much on mine remains the same after 3 years.
[/quote]

Aquaman? Seriously???

Overall I'm a quiet type of person. Got married 4 months ago, dated my wife for 8 years.
I love heavy metal/ Rock that does not touch religion, the Church etc.
I work in the Art Industry, thus very picky (perfectionist) and most importantly
I love God/ Catholicism
:coffee:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1317642717' post='2314503']
If you like cheetahs, here's a picture I took from inside their cage at the Oklahoma City zoo. Long story.
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4055/4620225740_0ecca46fcc.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Very nice! I think cheetahs are amazing felines, but it is so sad that their numbers are dwindling. The lack of genetic differentiation is causing inbreeding and fertility problems among the cats. Plus, the amount of time it takes to raise a litter means that each female is lucky if she gets to raise 2 litters to adulthood in her lifetime.

If you're going to get a close up shot of any wild cat, cheetah is the way to go because they tend to be very docile creatures. The only time they've ever bitten a human is when they have rabies or provoked by cruel treatment. Simon King had a very interesting special on Nature for PBS about raising 2 cheetah orphans. They are amesome as cubs. I remember when he was petting them and they sounded like common house cats with all the purring. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1317613291' post='2314378']
It should be *illegal* to resurrect a thread from 2008!!!! Unless ... its an update on (for example) a person's entrance into religious life, or something of the sort.

Groo ... where are you?

... ok ranting done. Carry on.
[/quote]

GRRR!R!!!

#&^#*&^(*&%@&^$&^*$&@#^)#$(&*^@*&(^(*@&^%@(*&^%&(

:wedgie:

To be honest, when I fell out of the tree into the breeding enclosure I wasn't thinking about how docile they are. I wanted to get my picture and get out. [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1317669551' post='2314740']

Very nice! I think cheetahs are amazing felines, but it is so sad that their numbers are dwindling. The lack of genetic differentiation is causing inbreeding and fertility problems among the cats. Plus, the amount of time it takes to raise a litter means that each female is lucky if she gets to raise 2 litters to adulthood in her lifetime.

If you're going to get a close up shot of any wild cat, cheetah is the way to go because they tend to be very docile creatures. The only time they've ever bitten a human is when they have rabies or provoked by cruel treatment. Simon King had a very interesting special on Nature for PBS about raising 2 cheetah orphans. They are amesome as cubs. I remember when he was petting them and they sounded like common house cats with all the purring. :)
[/quote]