An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Rosary

friendofJPII

friendofJPII

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1616050' date='Aug 2 2008, 05:27 PM']sometimes i turn on EWTN and let mother and the nuns say it for me as i fall asleep :P[/quote]

me, too:)

IcePrincessKRS

I've been reading through this thread and it really seems be be disintegrating into Catholic vs. Catholic debate which is specifically prohibited by the phorum guidelines. As a result I am closing this thread.

I would like to add these closing thoughts: I admire your zeal for the rosary, but there seems to be a lack of compassion and understanding towards those who do not feel called to an intense devotion to the rosary. The Church [b]encourages [/b]devotion to this wonderful prayer, but she [i]does not [/i] [b]require[/b] it of us. Receiving the Eucharist, confession, Mass, the other sacraments, etc., are all [b]requirements[/b]. The rosary is a powerful link to Christ through His Blessed Mother, use of this link is highly [i]encouraged[/i], but even the Blessed Mother didn't say we [b]must[/b] pray it.

I would ask that everyone be cautious with their wording when discussing [b]optional devotions[/b] like the rosary because this can be very misleading to those who are not well formed in their faith, or who are not yet Catholic but are in a conversion process, or even merely just looking to learn more or engage in discussion. Presenting proper information is vastly important lest we mislead our brothers and sisters in Christ.

God Bless.