Este Corazon Posted August 1, 2008 Posted August 1, 2008 Hey All this is my first topic....and by the title, some may think I am rebellious, which I am, but in a good way, promise. Anyways, I already have one tattoo, but I am thinking about getting another one. I kinda want to get my favorite bible verse, Mt. 6: 21. I discovered the verse when I went to Peru with the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara. I love the verse, but I don't know how I would get it done. Maybe in Latin maybe in Spanish. Like I said, I have one already. Does anyone have any that they have or will be getting? Paz, M
Selah Posted August 1, 2008 Posted August 1, 2008 Maybe at some point. I'd like to get a tattoo of Our Lady of Guadalupe on my back.
TeresaBenedicta Posted August 1, 2008 Posted August 1, 2008 I had a dream that I once got the Sacred Heart of Jesus tattoed on my back shoulder blade. I'm likely to never get one, but if I did, it would probably be a chiro (I know, I spelled it wrong).
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1615439' date='Aug 1 2008, 08:28 PM']I had a dream that I once got the Sacred Heart of Jesus tattoed on my back shoulder blade. I'm likely to never get one, but if I did, it would probably be a chiro (I know, I spelled it wrong).[/quote] chi rho (some people spell it chi ro, but I think "rho" is the proper spelling)
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I would like to get a Celtic knot with my childrens and husband's names around it... but I'm too big of a chicken to ever go get it done.
TeresaBenedicta Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1615468' date='Aug 1 2008, 09:29 PM']chi rho (some people spell it chi ro, but I think "rho" is the proper spelling)[/quote] Ahhh, thank you! I was too lazy to look it up.
picchick Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 St. Benedict Medal. A symbol of your favorite saint.
CatherineM Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 My son got a beautiful celtic cross on his upper arm on his first liberty in the Navy. I hadn't let him get one before he went in, and he wasn't 18 until after he went off to bootcamp. What is it with sailors and tattoos? Anyway, I didn't want him to get one, but at least he had it done by a good artist, and picked a good subject. Just remember that you can't judge a tattoo artist by the tats on them because someone else did them. See ones they have done before picking them. Bad art, permanently done on your body, isn't fun, and laser removal is painful.
abercius24 Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 PM Mike from Seven Sorrows. He is an expert on Catholic tattoos if you ask me!
mommas_boy Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I've wanted to get a tattoo of the Immaculate Heart over my heart for a while. I looked into it a few years ago, but it was too much money.
Caramelonion Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I have rosary beads tattooed on my leg right above the ankle bone. I got it when I completed RCIA and was received into the church.
HisChildForever Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I would never get a tattoo, but if for some reason I ever changed my mind, it would probably be the Jesus fish or the Sacred Heart.
Resurrexi Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I probably wouldn't ever get a tatoo. But if I did, I might get one that said "I am a Catholic, in the event of an emergency, call/txt a priest"
Archaeology cat Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 (edited) One of my friends got: משפת (means verdict or judgment, I think. StColette can correct me if I'm wrong )tattooed on her side just above the rib cage. She isn't Catholic, though. I don't know what I'd get for a tattoo - thus why I haven't gotten one yet. Edited August 2, 2008 by Archaeology cat
Justin86 Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 It might come as a surprise to some of you that I don't have any tattoos. I might get one later, but probably not. My roommate keeps wanting me to get a pirate ship tattooed on my stomach.
TotusTuusMaria Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='StThomasMore' post='1615604' date='Aug 2 2008, 12:39 AM']I probably wouldn't ever get a tatoo. But if I did, I might get one that said "I am a Catholic, in the event of an emergency, call/txt a priest"[/quote]
Faith 1st Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='StThomasMore' post='1615604' date='Aug 2 2008, 12:39 AM']I probably wouldn't ever get a tatoo. But if I did, I might get one that said "I am a Catholic, in the event of an emergency, call/txt a priest"[/quote] I want one.... ever since Knightec and I were in school dating our "theme" was always [b][color="#000080"]Faith[/color] - [color="#2e8b57"]Hope[/color] - [color="#ff0000"]Love[/color][/b] So I would want a anchor, heart, and cross on top of each other .......then around the tat I would want Knightec's name and all of the kids around it. But....knightec does not want me to get one He got one after RCIA and then he put my name on it a year later.
premed_jakey Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I have hands praying the Rosary on one of my forearms, and A chalice with the host stamped with the Chi Rho on the other. Im probably going to get the Immaculate Heart on my chest in a few years.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now