Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

melporcristo
Posted

[quote name='Selah' post='1617213' date='Aug 4 2008, 01:29 PM']Probably because those things are permanent. Plus, I've heard they hurt a little.

If I do get one, I would really like the picture Rachel Scott drew on my arm :)[/quote]

JMJ

Are you serious?!?! As in the girl who was killed at Colombine??

Posted

Oh yes, I am very serious.

Rachel is a hero of mine. Her faith and acts of compassion are something I strive for each day. It would be a memorial to her, sort of, though not Catholic, lol.

melporcristo
Posted

[quote name='Selah' post='1618688' date='Aug 5 2008, 06:44 PM']Oh yes, I am very serious.

Rachel is a hero of mine. Her faith and acts of compassion are something I strive for each day. It would be a memorial to her, sort of, though not Catholic, lol.[/quote]

That is so amazing!! I was reading "Rachael's Tears"; it was sooo good!! Then I got into another book but I'll finish the other eventually.

What was it a pic of?

Posted (edited)

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/UnFrSaKn/Rachel/journ1-12.jpg[/img]

This was drawn about 30 minutes before she died. If you look closley, there are 13 tears. Some say she foretold her own death and the shooting through the drawing...perhaps without her even knowing it!

And I love that book too <3

Edited by Selah
melporcristo
Posted

JMJ

Thats beautiful!
It would make an amazing tattoo, too.
:-)

Thank you so much for sharing that!

Posted

My friend is gonna get the Giving Tree done on her side/hip.

premed_jakey
Posted (edited)

[img]http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00979/94/70/979610749_l.jpg[/img]

since someone asked about "cartoony" tats, here is a picture of one of mine

Edited by Premed_Jakey
Posted (edited)

[url="http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/index.php"]http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/index.php[/url] - These sites look pretty good for an idea of Catholic/christian designs

[url="http://www.cherrycreekflash.com/catholic-tattoos.html"]http://www.cherrycreekflash.com/catholic-tattoos.html[/url]

Edited by lanie
LouisvilleFan
Posted

I've never felt a strong desire to get a tattoo, but I always thought a Scripture verse in the center of my chest, right over my heart, would be a cool idea. Perhaps from Jeremiah 31:33: "I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts."

VeniteAdoremus
Posted

I would love to get a tattoo - however, I wouldn't want it in an obvious place, or a place that normally shows, and I wouldn't want to be immodest around the artist. So I have to think about it for a bit.

(If I do, it's totally going to be one of the Trinity designs, with full circles.)

Posted

[quote name='melporcristo' post='1618687' date='Aug 5 2008, 09:42 PM']JMJ

Are you serious?!?! As in the girl who was killed at Colombine??[/quote]


I kind of know her brother from a business connection. He is on my facebook. I did a sermon on her when I was at my protestant undergrad (I could look if I can find it if you are interested)

I have 3 tattoos. I have an augustinian trinity (trinity symbol with a ring of fire around it) I have the christian fish symbol and I have a symbol I designed. A cross with a heart in the middle with angel wings. I am going to get more, just not sure yet where. I want a verse and I know which one, it is just a matter of where.

dominicansoul
Posted

[center][img]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/hamburgerpatty_2008/angelico_convent7.jpg[/img][/center]
I'm gonna get this one done before I go back into the convent. I've been looking for a gifted tattoo artist who can totally give it the same colors and actually do an outstanding job. Fra Angelico would be flattered, I'm sure! Plus, it's gonna be penance to get the dark inked in, for sure!

Posted

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1619485' date='Aug 6 2008, 05:27 PM']I kind of know her brother from a business connection. He is on my facebook. I did a sermon on her when I was at my protestant undergrad (I could look if I can find it if you are interested)[/quote]


Hey, that's neat Rev! Is it Craig? He's a really funny guy, and very inspiring as well :)

Posted

[quote name='Selah' post='1615435' date='Aug 1 2008, 06:21 PM']Maybe at some point. I'd like to get a tattoo of Our Lady of Guadalupe on my back.[/quote]


I told my wife I wanted that on my arm and she told me I was too "white" to get it. I got a Our Lady of Guadalupe t-shirt instead.

melporcristo
Posted

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1619272' date='Aug 6 2008, 10:29 AM']I would love to get a tattoo - however, I wouldn't want it in an obvious place, or a place that normally shows, and I wouldn't want to be immodest around the artist. So I have to think about it for a bit.

(If I do, it's totally going to be one of the Trinity designs, with full circles.)[/quote]

See, for a girl tats are really hard to figure out since we wanna be modest but still want to be able to see the tat.

I was thinking on my shoulder blade, although i heard they really hurt there ...

Maria Faustina
Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1619558' date='Aug 6 2008, 06:27 PM'][center][img]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/hamburgerpatty_2008/angelico_convent7.jpg[/img][/center]
I'm gonna get this one done before I go back into the convent. I've been looking for a gifted tattoo artist who can totally give it the same colors and actually do an outstanding job. Fra Angelico would be flattered, I'm sure! Plus, it's gonna be penance to get the dark inked in, for sure![/quote]
awesome! :)

Posted

[quote name='melporcristo' post='1621123' date='Aug 7 2008, 10:41 PM']See, for a girl tats are really hard to figure out since we wanna be modest but still want to be able to see the tat.

I was thinking on my shoulder blade, although i heard they really hurt there ...[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
out of all my tattoos, this one probably hurt the least. btw, it's the sacred and immaculate hearts, with my uncle's name over the top and my brother's name underneath. both are deceased. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...