Este Corazon Posted August 2, 2008 Author Posted August 2, 2008 i guess since i started this i should mention what i have... It may be a little hard to visualize but here goes... I have a sun on my lower back, but inside the sun, i put a cross because in my life throughout the years....my faith has been a source of life and nourishment...and has guided me through many hardships and decisions, like the sun. So there is four points of the sun that match up with the sun and they are for my mom, my dad, my little brother and myself, because when it comes down to it, family is our first mission. But tattoos are like potato chips...you can't just have one. So i am debating what I should get next... paz, M
mommas_boy Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='Premed_Jakey' post='1615884' date='Aug 2 2008, 01:46 PM']Im probably going to get the Immaculate Heart on my chest in a few years.[/quote] Nice. That's what I want. So here's a question: I've noticed that some tattoos are kinda "cartooney". For you guys with religious tats, are they cartooney, or how do they look?
Galloglasses Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I would get a Custom one, A celtic Cross with Spread Angle Wings Behind it Tatoed on my back. I'm Broad Shouldered so it could work. I heared you can draw your own designs and give them to a Tatooer to do them for you. Sorta Like This: [url="http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1790893/"]http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1790893/[/url] The NEW Designs on the Right hand side of the Picture I mean, not the ones on the Left. Now that I think of it, the two Bearded Halberds in the Pic would look Awesome on my back. It would cost crasy money though. DX
mommas_boy Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='Galloglasses' post='1615997' date='Aug 2 2008, 05:19 PM']I would get a Custom one, A celtic Cross with Spread Angle Wings Behind it Tatoed on my back. I'm Broad Shouldered so it could work. I heared you can draw your own designs and give them to a Tatooer to do them for you. Sorta Like This: [url="http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1790893/"]http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1790893/[/url] The NEW Designs on the Right hand side of the Picture I mean, not the ones on the Left. Now that I think of it, the two Bearded Halberds in the Pic would look Awesome on my back. It would cost crasy money though. DX[/quote] I love the detail in the wings at right, and the black with the white highlights looks devilishly awesome (top-right).
catholic3in1 Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='Premed_Jakey' post='1615884' date='Aug 2 2008, 01:46 PM']I have hands praying the Rosary on one of my forearms, and A chalice with the host stamped with the Chi Rho on the other. Im probably going to get the Immaculate Heart on my chest in a few years.[/quote] I think a rosary going around your neck would be cool! lol.....but I don't think I would ever get one....I have mixed feelings about tattoos.....oh also the Sacred Heart on your chest....but that depends if it's for a guy or girl....lol.......oh...one time I saw a girl with wings on her back....it looked pretty cool! .....but like I said I have mixed feelings about tattoos.....I was always taught that it is like putting grafiti on the temple of the Lord.....because if you receive communion you are a living temple......but.....I have seen some graftitti....that is actually really beautiful.....and makes the dumpy old wall ...look pretty......hmmm..... Also tattoos are permanent......so it's something that you are always going to have to live with.....even when you are in your 80s.....and it's hard for me to imagine 80 year olds with tattoos all over them....lol..... so choose wisely!
kujo Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 I'm getting some new ink next week... "Inquietum" on my chest, over my heart.
mommas_boy Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1616007' date='Aug 2 2008, 05:36 PM']I'm getting some new ink next week... "Inquietum" on my chest, over my heart.[/quote] Translation, please? Intertran isn't helping.
kujo Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='mommas_boy' post='1616013' date='Aug 2 2008, 06:43 PM']Translation, please? Intertran isn't helping.[/quote] I'm pretty sure it means "restless." Any Latin people out there wanna cross-check before I put it on my body forever?
Norseman82 Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1616022' date='Aug 2 2008, 05:54 PM']Any Latin people out there wanna cross-check before I put it on my body forever?[/quote] Sure - wanna use your hockey stick or mine? Oh...THAT kind of cross-check!
kujo Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Norseman82' post='1616025' date='Aug 2 2008, 06:57 PM']Sure - wanna use your hockey stick or mine? Oh...THAT kind of cross-check![/quote] Hahahaha I'll put on my Rangers jersey and we'll go out into the middle of the road. GAME ON!! Edited August 2, 2008 by kujo
icelandic_iceskater Posted August 3, 2008 Posted August 3, 2008 [quote name='Este Corazon' post='1615973' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:06 PM']But tattoos are like potato chips...you can't just have one. So i am debating what I should get next...[/quote]Chuck Norris can have just one.
kujo Posted August 3, 2008 Posted August 3, 2008 My dream is to get a half-sleeve of an image of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, specifically some variation of: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/_images/wallpaper/impray1024.jpg[/img]
Treehugger Posted August 3, 2008 Posted August 3, 2008 Feet tatoos! Option 1: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Option 2: "I am the Vine, you are the branches."...would be cool with vines tatooed going down along your foot.
Treehugger Posted August 3, 2008 Posted August 3, 2008 I have a Pro-life wristband that says "Life is Precious" and has two little feet the size of a baby's at ten weeks gestation. I could see myself getting something like that as a tatoo.
melporcristo Posted August 3, 2008 Posted August 3, 2008 JMJ Yea I've been off and on about this. As my good friend said about tats, you really gotta pray about them. But my "plan" has always been to get a tat done by Kat Von D. I know its really expensive, but she's wayyy good and she's awesome at Catholic art bc she loves doing it. I'd want to get the image of Our Lady that's used in the [url="http://www.59beads.com/"]59beads website[/url]. Its the most beautiful image of Momma I have ever seen. (Well, next to Our Lady of Guadalupe of course!). The thing about being a girl is that its really hard finding a place for such an image of Our Lady.
Maria Faustina Posted August 3, 2008 Posted August 3, 2008 (edited) I would really like Veritas on my arm, a Dominican shield on my arm or my upper back, or if I wanted to be creative I would so get a sun right below my collarbone, like how Thomas Aquinas is always pictured. I don't think my parents will be pleased with that idea though Edited August 3, 2008 by Maria Faustina
IrishSalesian Posted August 3, 2008 Posted August 3, 2008 I got one of the Trinity Knot on my left calf. I like it. Here is a link of what it looks like. This is not my actual tattoo, but it is the same design. [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Triquetra-circle-interlaced.svg/120px-Triquetra-circle-interlaced.svg.png"]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...erlaced.svg.png[/url]
Deb Posted August 4, 2008 Posted August 4, 2008 I asked my priest if I could get one and he said No. I don't have one. boo hoo
Selah Posted August 4, 2008 Posted August 4, 2008 Probably because those things are permanent. Plus, I've heard they hurt a little. If I do get one, I would really like the picture Rachel Scott drew on my arm
knightec Posted August 4, 2008 Posted August 4, 2008 [quote name='Faith 1st' post='1615708' date='Aug 2 2008, 10:29 AM'] I want one.... ever since Knightec and I were in school dating our "theme" was always [b][color="#000080"]Faith[/color] - [color="#2e8b57"]Hope[/color] - [color="#ff0000"]Love[/color][/b] So I would want a anchor, heart, and cross on top of each other .......then around the tat I would want Knightec's name and all of the kids around it. But....knightec does not want me to get one He got one after RCIA and then he put my name on it a year later.[/quote] yep i did
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now