Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will You Be Watching The Olympics?


The Olympics - yes or no  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just curious. With all this mob uproar about it and all... :rolleyes:

Posted

yes, i wanna see if i will be able to spot my professor in there. :unsure:

Posted

I'm pretty much only gonna watch it because I want to watch the Olympic Softball team beat everybody's butts. :D

Posted

I might...I'm not much into that type of stuff, but it can be fun to watch at times.

Posted

I'm psyched for the olympics actually. I like whatching gymnastics and the martial arts stuff. I'll probobly whatch the ping pong too. Oh and badminton.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I don't have a television. :mellow:

Posted

We don't have cable, so I'll only get to watch the popular sports. My favorites aren't the popular ones, so I never get to see my favorites.

Posted

Yay for gymnastics and soccer!

Posted

My sport is not popular either. But I will watch i\the games.

Posted

JM + JT

Swimming and gymnastics. :cool:

icelandic_iceskater
Posted

I'll watch whatever's on.

Posted

I find the Olympics fascinating. I probably wont have time, though. And beyond that, I don't know which channels we actually get. When does it start?

Posted

I normally would watch some here and there. However, due to them being in China I will not be watching them at all. It's quite ashame, and frankly I'm disappointed in the athletes who are going there...

Somewhat related, a priest once said in similiar words that, while athletes can and often do give glory to God, the physically disabled more often do so by their crosses than do the former by their gifts. I find these Olympics to be a good example.

One of our Saint Vincent priests has asked us to join him in a Novena for a slow steady showering of rain over Beijing. The officials there have not taken the normal precautions for rain, because they can "control the weather" as they say, and therefore any event rained out will be canceled as they have alloted no time to reschedule events. It's never too late for anyone to start a Novena :)

Praise God in the rain!

DemonSlayer
Posted

I watch it whenever I'm in place with a TV.

Posted

I like the swimming and the running comps. wootZ

CatholicCid
Posted

Generally, no. Partially because they are in China and because I don't really watch the events much anyway. Out of a bit of National Pride, I will probably follow the medal count online as the US sweeps up the events :o

Farsight one
Posted

My prefered option of "no, because there's no rugby" is not available...

Posted

I can't see the olympic games anyway because of all of the smog....

Posted

[quote name='-I---Love' post='1618755' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:37 PM']I normally would watch some here and there. However, due to them being in China I will not be watching them at all. It's quite ashame, and frankly I'm disappointed in the athletes who are going there...[/quote]


[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1618863' date='Aug 6 2008, 12:57 AM']Generally, no. Partially because they are in China and because I don't really watch the events much anyway. Out of a bit of National Pride, I will probably follow the medal count online as the US sweeps up the events :o[/quote]

I don't understand. I don't think the olympics should be boycotted just because they are in China. They olympics are about getting together and having friendly (or not so friendly) competition... The spirit of the olympics is not that of politics, it's not about governments, it's about peoples. That's what I always thought, anyway, and if that is true then it would be wrong to boycott the olympics in China because it is really about connecting with the people under the government, not with the government itself (which is much better today than it used to be, by the way).

Archaeology cat
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1618586' date='Aug 6 2008, 01:00 AM']I don't have a television. :mellow:[/quote] Neither do I. :mellow:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...