Maria Faustina Posted August 11, 2008 Posted August 11, 2008 [quote name='dominicansoul' post='1624313' date='Aug 11 2008, 04:33 PM']Speaking of commies.. Did the US Volleyball team beat the Cubans?[/quote] I think I heard that the Cubans completely slaughtered us in volleyball but I'm sooo glad the US beat France in swimming!!!!
SaintOlaf Posted August 11, 2008 Posted August 11, 2008 Yeah the cubans smoked us in like 3 straight sets, I watched the first 2 before i went to bed. Surprisingly I'm watching a lot more of the Olympics than I thought I would. I think it's like College Football, most of these athletes are regular people that don't make millions and millions of dollars, so I'm more inclined to watch and cheer for sports I don't even care about (water polo, handball, badminton etc...)
pan!c139 Posted August 13, 2008 Author Posted August 13, 2008 YAY!!!! USA Softball beat Venezuela and Australia, both no-hitters!!! GO CAT AND JENNIE AND MONICA!!!!
VeniteAdoremus Posted August 14, 2008 Posted August 14, 2008 And your men totally creamed ours in baseball No wonder, I didn't even know we had an Olympic baseball team.
pan!c139 Posted August 14, 2008 Author Posted August 14, 2008 Yeah, they do, and that's why softball is being kicked out for the next two Olympics. That's one of the must unjust things done. Little girls' dreams shattered because of the politics.
DemonSlayer Posted August 15, 2008 Posted August 15, 2008 I hope we'll win our first non-swimming gold medal soon...
homeschoolmom Posted August 15, 2008 Posted August 15, 2008 [quote name='dominicansoul' post='1619516' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:53 PM']For some reason the Olympic committee felt China would somehow transform themselves into a bastion for human-rights if they were given a chance to host the Olympics.[/quote] No. I don't think anyone thought that. But look how much people are talking about it.... [quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1619738' date='Aug 6 2008, 08:11 PM']I'm most looking forward to the swimming since we win most of our gold medals there, the basketball and the football.[/quote] If only Michael Phelps weren't competing this year.... [quote name='CatherineM' post='1620762' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:08 PM']Does anyone have trouble calling the rhythmic gymnastic stuff a sport? They are cutting baseball and softball after this Olympics, but running around a mat with trailing ribbons is still in. It seems more like a dance or Circe de Sole.[/quote] Is that a separate team than the gymanstics? It hardly seems like a sport. [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1620792' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:34 PM']My fiance compared Beijing 2008 to Berlin 1936. I think he has a point. I have no enthusiasm for these Olympics at all. That being said, Go USA![/quote] Beijing 2008, Moscow 1980, Berlin 1936...
homeschoolmom Posted August 15, 2008 Posted August 15, 2008 It will be interesting to see how the Russians behave between now and 2014 when the Winter Olympic are in Sochi...
pan!c139 Posted August 15, 2008 Author Posted August 15, 2008 Why doesn't everyone just surrender to Phelps already? They already know that they're gonna be eaten alive for breakfast. My uncle asked, "Why isn't Phelps in this race?" "Because they have to give other people a chance." He's too good for his own good.
DemonSlayer Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 Last night's baseball match against Japan was pretty disappointing and Craig Mottram missed out on the 5000km.
pan!c139 Posted August 21, 2008 Author Posted August 21, 2008 *sob* US Softball lost and won a silver medal!!! *sniff* Last Olympic softball game ever!!! *sob* THEY LOST!!! *sniff* Poor Cat. The team put their cleats at home plate as a goodbye to the game...*sobbing uncontrollably* good job girls. at least you got silver.
J.P. Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1633819' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:59 PM']*sob* US Softball lost and won a silver medal!!! *sniff* Last Olympic softball game ever!!! *sob* THEY LOST!!! *sniff* Poor Cat. The team put their cleats at home plate as a goodbye to the game...*sobbing uncontrollably* good job girls. at least you got silver.[/quote] Touche. We didn't even medal. Bah. Our girls are stellar though. Gotta love women's softball!
pan!c139 Posted August 21, 2008 Author Posted August 21, 2008 ^ AMEN. I'm really sad it had to end that way, especially for them. But at least they got silver. I feel so sorry for Cat and Monica. I bet they feel horrible.
J.P. Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1633832' date='Aug 21 2008, 05:16 PM']^ AMEN. I'm really sad it had to end that way, especially for them. But at least they got silver. I feel so sorry for Cat and Monica. I bet they feel horrible.[/quote] Yea at least they went home with a medal. Canada bowed out to Austraila 5-3. A game we were winning 3-2 at one point. I thought we were gonna win, but alas.....no cigar. Lots more medals to come our way though. Stay tuned, Planet Earth.
pan!c139 Posted August 21, 2008 Author Posted August 21, 2008 Heh, well at least Michael Phelps has enough gold for everyone! Geez, that man is a freak! (in the best sense)
J.P. Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 He has more than half the medals we do. Freakish indeed.
TeresaBenedicta Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 [quote name='pan!c139' post='1633819' date='Aug 21 2008, 06:59 PM']*sob* US Softball lost and won a silver medal!!! *sniff* Last Olympic softball game ever!!! *sob* THEY LOST!!! *sniff* Poor Cat. The team put their cleats at home plate as a goodbye to the game...*sobbing uncontrollably* good job girls. at least you got silver.[/quote] I was shocked to read that today. I have two thoughts: A) They were awfully cocky, so I think it was a good ego-check for them. They thought they had gold before they even flew out to China. B) Maybe somebody paid 'em off to lose so that the world could see we don't dominate the sport and it can be put back into the Olympics.
pan!c139 Posted August 21, 2008 Author Posted August 21, 2008 I don't know about paid, but losing might in fact help bring it back to the Olympics...never know.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now