SJRod55 Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 Bits and pieces between packing and moving to Nigeria!
J.P. Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 I love rowing. It's an awesome sport to watch. Mainly cause our Olympic team normally does well at it. Swimming is a winner too.
J.P. Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 We're Canadian. Generally, we're not a softball powerhouse. But maybe this year will prove different. *crosses fingers*
salterrae Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 JM + JT [quote name='Farsight one' post='1618891' date='Aug 6 2008, 03:00 AM']My prefered option of "no, because there's no rugby" is not available...[/quote] I agree ... except I'm still watching.
Madame Vengier Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 Despite the fact that it's being held in China--which infuriates me to no end--a massive abuser of human rights, especially of Christians, and a strong-arm supplier to the diabolical Sudanese regime that is responsible for the torture, rapes, deaths and displacement of 2.5 million innocent people--I will tune in it to watching the opening but then that's all. It's disgusting that it's being held in China. Just appalling. Plus the smog that's so bad people can't even breathe. Whose bright idea was this???
dominicansoul Posted August 6, 2008 Posted August 6, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1619515' date='Aug 6 2008, 03:50 PM']Despite the fact that it's being held in China--which infuriates me to no end--a massive abuser of human rights, especially of Christians, and a strong-arm supplier to the diabolical Sudanese regime that is responsible for the torture, rapes, deaths and displacement of 2.5 million innocent people--I will tune in it to watching the opening but then that's all. It's disgusting that it's being held in China. Just appalling. Plus the smog that's so bad people can't even breathe. Whose bright idea was this???[/quote] For some reason the Olympic committee felt China would somehow transform themselves into a bastion for human-rights if they were given a chance to host the Olympics.
DemonSlayer Posted August 7, 2008 Posted August 7, 2008 I'm most looking forward to the swimming since we win most of our gold medals there, the basketball and the football.
HomeTeamFamily Posted August 7, 2008 Posted August 7, 2008 I love the olympics because I always know who to root for! Also, for those who dont have cable or TV access, www.nbcolympics.com has some really nice online feeds of live events. This morning at work we watched some prelim soccer group play. Pretty awesome
CatherineM Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Does anyone have trouble calling the rhythmic gymnastic stuff a sport? They are cutting baseball and softball after this Olympics, but running around a mat with trailing ribbons is still in. It seems more like a dance or Circe de Sole.
Sarah_JC Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Since the getting the olympics China has only gotten worse... boo Chinese government. I won't be watching at all - nor buying products that are official sponsors.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 (edited) My fiance compared Beijing 2008 to Berlin 1936. I think he has a point. I have no enthusiasm for these Olympics at all. That being said, Go USA! Edited August 8, 2008 by Ash Wednesday
DemonSlayer Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1620762' date='Aug 8 2008, 09:08 AM']Does anyone have trouble calling the rhythmic gymnastic stuff a sport? They are cutting baseball and softball after this Olympics, but running around a mat with trailing ribbons is still in. It seems more like a dance or Circe de Sole.[/quote]Yeah, it doesn't seem like much of a sport.
Selah Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 I do like watching them at times, though. They can be fun.
pan!c139 Posted August 11, 2008 Author Posted August 11, 2008 DAAAAAANG Michael Phelps is winng gold in EVERYTHING!!!! But forget swimming, I can't wait for USA Softball to kick some booty!!! Prepare to be spaked!
Madame Vengier Posted August 11, 2008 Posted August 11, 2008 My beloved Korea has won some gold, too. I think two or three so far. Sweet!
J.P. Posted August 11, 2008 Posted August 11, 2008 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1620792' date='Aug 7 2008, 07:34 PM']My fiance compared Beijing 2008 to Berlin 1936. I think he has a point. I have no enthusiasm for these Olympics at all. That being said, Go USA![/quote] That ran through my head as well. Not cheering team USA , but the Berlin 1936 connection. Here's to hoping that in three years we don't see China marching into Poland. It's a long shot, still. China's got so many of their own problemss.
dominicansoul Posted August 11, 2008 Posted August 11, 2008 Speaking of commies.. Did the US Volleyball team beat the Cubans?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now