An Old School Catholic Message Board

Solesmes!

puellapaschalis

puellapaschalis

Ok.
Over een paar uur ga ik richting Leiden en heeeeeel vroeg zondag ga ik richting het luchthaven in Rotterdam en dan naar PARIJS en dan naar SOLESMES!!!!

Voor m'n cursus gregoriaans daar bij de abdij. Ik vind het super spannend allemaal, echt waar, ik zit hier gewoon te stuiteren!!!

Eindelijk ga ik het gregoriaans echt leren van een expert (een monnik dus hihi ;) ) en dan kan ik dat gebruiken als ik weer thuis ben bij de studentenparochie.

Serieus. ZO spannend is het. LOL.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

puellapaschalis

Oh...hang on.

Sorry sorry. I forgot that PM is English-speaking :oops:

Early on Sunday I'm travelling to the Abbey of Solesmes in France; I'm taking part in a Gregorian chant course. And I'm REALLY excited about it. I just booked a taxi to take me to the airport (Rotterdam) and the lady on the phone was giggling because I was so enthusiastic about being picked up at 4:45 on Sunday morning....

JM + JT

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1621750' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:07 PM']heeeeeel[/quote]
Either the word with the most consecutive e's or your excitement kicked in to your Dutch (is that the language?). :huh:

puellapaschalis

Yea, it's Dutch (my second - but daily - language). The word is "heel", pronounced something like "hale" (depending on how you pronounce that vowel in English) and it either means "whole" or "very". Here it meant very. As in very early (heel vroeg). Like, really really REALLY early lol.

This is the website with info over the course: [url="http://www.choraltreasure.org/"]http://www.choraltreasure.org/[/url]
I'm so so so excited :) Just a little nervous about using French again; I haven't had to since I went to Lourdes a few years ago. And I've got to navigate the public transport system in and around Paris - I don't think I'll have any real problems, and I have plenty of time to get out to Solesmes, I'm just excited about it all!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='salterrae' post='1621905' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:26 AM']JM + JT

Forgot to add my congrats and have fun. :)[/quote]

Thanks lol :bounce:

/me stuitert - that's bouncing

Stuiteren = to bounce
PP stuitert = PP bounces

WHIEEEEEEEEEE :D

littlesister

Sounds fabulous. If California weren't so far away, I might even be jealous - Solemnes has always been our Promised Land when it comes to Gregorian. Have a wonderful, inspiring, encouraging time!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='littlesister' post='1621931' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:51 AM']Sounds fabulous. If California weren't so far away, I might even be jealous - Solemnes has always been our Promised Land when it comes to Gregorian. Have a wonderful, inspiring, encouraging time![/quote]

Thank you, Sr. :D
I think most people are from the US, but there'ss one lady from Singapore I think. I'm from NL. There's got to be some more countries represented. We're going to be a pretty international bunch and I'm looking forward to learning lots and drinking up the atmosphere at the Abbey!

I've just downloaded all the music I've been studying in prep onto my ipod. Time for last-minute practise over the weekend before lessons begin on Monday!!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Deb' post='1621882' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:11 AM']Congrats. It sounds wonderful.[/quote]

Thank you! (Sorry, in my bubbliness I overlook your post. Mea culpa!!)

Sounds fun. I think it would be cool to learn Gregorian chant and perform outside downtown. It would be a cool way to evangelize.

missionseeker

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1621762' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:09 PM']Oh...hang on.

Sorry sorry. I forgot that PM is English-speaking :oops:

Early on Sunday I'm travelling to the Abbey of Solesmes in France; I'm taking part in a Gregorian chant course. And I'm REALLY excited about it. I just booked a taxi to take me to the airport (Rotterdam) and the lady on the phone was giggling because I was so enthusiastic about being picked up at 4:45 on Sunday morning....[/quote]

[quote name='Era Might' post='1621959' date='Aug 8 2008, 06:24 PM']Sounds fun. I think it would be cool to learn Gregorian chant and perform outside downtown. It would be a cool way to evangelize.[/quote]

Jealous! You rock! Go have fun!!!!!!

puellapaschalis

Thanks!!
I'm a bit mellow at the moment but I've yet to pack and feed the cat and tidy up a bit before going...actually just thinking about all this makes me excited again :bounce: lol