An Old School Catholic Message Board

Solesmes!

puellapaschalis

Archaeology cat

Awesome! My FIL is learning chant at his parish now, and has been listening to the chant at Solesme to help him out.

VeniteAdoremus

Wow. I completely overlooked this thread.

PP texted me that she has safely arrived... and that was the last contact. She's probably too busy learning :)

It's funny to read this back and see she was excited to leave at 4.45. Unfortunately she was staying in my room at that time and had to walk over me to get to the front door, so I can't really share in the joy ;)

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1621762' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:09 PM']Oh...hang on.

Sorry sorry. I forgot that PM is English-speaking :oops:

Early on Sunday I'm travelling to the Abbey of Solesmes in France; I'm taking part in a Gregorian chant course. And I'm REALLY excited about it. I just booked a taxi to take me to the airport (Rotterdam) and the lady on the phone was giggling because I was so enthusiastic about being picked up at 4:45 on Sunday morning....[/quote]
Well, I could only guess the excitement over Solesmes is because of Gregorian chant! Srsly, have fun! You're most fortunate to be able to be involved in such a thing! My time will come though :evil:

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1622377' date='Aug 9 2008, 05:48 AM']That's awesome! Solesmes is like THE most famous place in the world for Gregorian chant![/quote]

Werd.

er....

Verbum :mellow:

puellapaschalis

HIIII!

I'm not back yet, I'm at Orly waiting to board my flight.

Two words: so cool.

I think I'm going to get mobbed by my mates when I get home so updates and photos will go on the blog.

Dudes. Solesmes. I die from the 'appiness.

And my French is now excellent - on the day I leave. Sigh.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1626092' date='Aug 13 2008, 10:53 AM']Well, I could only guess the excitement over Solesmes is because of Gregorian chant! Srsly, have fun! You're most fortunate to be able to be involved in such a thing! My time will come though :evil:

Werd.

er....

Verbum :mellow:[/quote]

:lol:

excellent, it is a good time of year to walk along the Sarthe, i didnt know you understood French, cool,also there is one American Monk there (who may be incidentally at England/Quarr at the moment) and the Abbot and others speak fine English to.
be sure to take the 5 minute walk across town to the Nuns!

puellapaschalis

I'm slowly putting up reports and photos over at my blog. I'm not done yet, but there's a contents-esque page at [url="http://puellapaschalis.wordpress.com/solesmes-2008/"]http://puellapaschalis.wordpress.com/solesmes-2008/[/url]

My reading of French was always pretty good, but the conversation? :lol_roll:
But you know, just a few days and it all comes back.

And yea, I went to the Office at St. Cecilia's a couple of times - just wonderful :D

littlesister

Hello, Puella,
The blog is great. For some more Solesmes, there is an article from August 15th in the French Catholic paper, "La Croix." It's under the tab Religion/Spiritualite, and will certainly bring you back to both the Abbey and the language. I just stumbled across it. Enjoy!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='littlesister' post='1633340' date='Aug 21 2008, 08:16 AM']Hello, Puella,
The blog is great. For some more Solesmes, there is an article from August 15th in the French Catholic paper, "La Croix." It's under the tab Religion/Spiritualite, and will certainly bring you back to both the Abbey and the language. I just stumbled across it. Enjoy![/quote]

WOW. Thanks for that article, Sr. I'm down in the dumps and this is cheering me up no end!! :)

• 8 months later...
puellapaschalis
:bump:

Guess what?

There's another chant course at Solesmes this Summer.

And I'm going.

Again.

Aaaaahiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!!! :bounce:

dominicansoul

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1870335' date='May 18 2009, 03:07 PM']:bump:

Guess what?

There's another chant course at Solesmes this Summer.

And I'm going.

Again.

Aaaaahiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!!! :bounce:[/quote]

LUCKY!

I love Solesmes! :love:

The Bus Station

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1621750' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:07 PM']Serieus. ZO spannend is het. LOL.[/quote]

I guess LOL is the same in every language? :lol: