Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Dog Is Out Of Batteries


Recommended Posts

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='prose' post='1631684' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:38 PM']:hijack:

On a totally unrelated note, why do you keep referring to Autumn Dusk as OP? I am confused. Is that real initials or something?

Sorry :blush:

/end hijack.[/quote]

OP = Original Poster.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='prose' post='1631684' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:38 PM']:hijack:

On a totally unrelated note, why do you keep referring to Autumn Dusk as OP? I am confused. Is that real initials or something?

Sorry :blush:

/end hijack.[/quote]
OP stands for Original Post or Original Poster, depending on context.

Posted

So I shouldn't ever have a dog because I don't like the one I have now???? When I've loved the JRT, Fox terrier and German Shepard I've had before. When they were perfectly loved and well cared for dogs?

You're the one being cruel. I had 15 minutes to decide weither or not I wanted this dog. Its not fair to pin her to me for the rest of her life if we don't get along.

Roamin Catholic
Posted

What kind of shelter is only giving you 15 minutes to decided if you want a pet.?????...

All that I have been to let you spend as much time as you want with the pet before deciding...Some even require a rep makes a home visit first to make sure the situation is good.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1631689' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:39 PM'][b]You're the one being cruel.[/b] I had 15 minutes to decide weither or not I wanted this dog. [b]Its not fair to pin her to me for the rest of her life if we don't get along.[/b][/quote]

Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

I'm removing myself from this thread.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1631678' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:34 PM']Did you completely miss it when I said this?:



[b]I am not against returning the pet to the kennel.[/b] I can not [b]believe[/b] that after all my posts, you still think this. [b]I am against the way the OP is handling the situation.[/b] I believe that she is not fit to have an animal if she talks about it so negatively and cruelly, as if it is a slave pet meant to do her bidding. Therefore, yes she should return the pet to the kennel, and she should not be adopting another one. Her mentality is far too irresponsible and immature and she is not fit for having a pet.[/quote]
On the contrary, she is responsible and mature to recognize now that now and not later that there is a big problem in the relationship with this dog and think about her options. You might not like how she phrases her venting post, but your response is verging on personal attack, which is equally uncalled for.
Phamily members can vent without being attacked for it.

Posted

Any more comments about how talking "negatively and cruelly" about our pets and this topic will have gone onto lameness. Again, it's [i]dog[/i] for crying out loud. It doesn't know what you're posting on phatmass. It can't read.

Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1631696' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:43 PM']What kind of shelter is only giving you 15 minutes to decided if you want a pet.?????...

All that I have been to let you spend as much time as you want with the pet before deciding...Some even require a rep makes a home visit first to make sure the situation is good.[/quote]

The kind that likes to stick needles in their paws if they stay more than 60 days

Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632038' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:44 PM']The kind that likes to stick needles in their paws if they stay more than 60 days[/quote]


so, you were so worried about saving it that you are back to this shelter to be put down?

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1632040' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:50 PM']so, you were so worried about saving it that you are back to this shelter to be put down?[/quote]

not really. they'll sucker someone else into getting the stupid thing. And if not, so be it. Obvously if she's made it this far in her life without attachment she's not worth anything to anyone.

Edited by Autumn Dusk
Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632042' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:51 PM']not really. they'll sucker someone else into getting the stupid thing. And if not, so be it. Obvously if she's made it this far in her life without attachment she's not worth anything to anyone.[/quote]

Wow, just wow

:shock::shock:

Posted

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1632047' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:55 PM']Wow, just wow

:shock::shock:[/quote]

Again. She's a dog not a baby. people have off'd animals for much less. I'm not torturing her. She has her food and water and the walks that she gets tired of.

Atleast I'm not making a stew out of her or anything. Not that she'd even be good for that. <_<

Roamin Catholic
Posted (edited)

wow, just wow

:shock::shock:



EDIT: Where did I ever say it was like a kid?

Edited by Roamin_Catholic
Posted

I was just reiterating the point that others made on my behalf.

I have no affection for the dog. I don't care that they would kill her if someone else isn't suckerd into taking her. There are hundreds of dogs killed every day. I don't want to save a pit bull, I don't want to save a yorkie and I don't want to save her. Just becuase I made the mistake of bringing her into my home hasn't made me like her. Especally when she isn't what was promised and hasn't an incling to make me happy. I will get a dog that will make me happy....but its not this one and its not my responsibility to find out what happens to her after I rid myself.

The dog is has a warm spot to lie in when its cold out, cool when its hot. It has good food, good water, and a nice bed, besides the one its made for itself ontop of my dirty laundry. I gave it everything I needed to. It lives better than 80% of the world population. So what if I get rid of it and it gets killed? Its damaged goods.

Roamin Catholic
Posted

ok, but you were implying that I compared a dog to a baby.....so don't say I did.


Also, as a life-long pet owner I have found that it isn't a pets job to know what makes us happy. How is the pet supposed to know what you want? how is it supposed to learn if the owner(s) aren't willing to take the time to show it?

Posted (edited)

"high energy" dogs should be able to do things...like hike or play for more than a couple hours without being bone-tired. its just a given. I can't show her how to be hyper. She's usless to me.

And I've always had pets and they've always made me happy.

Edited by Autumn Dusk
Roamin Catholic
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632092' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:22 PM']"high energy" dogs should be able to do things...like hike or play for more than a couple hours without being bone-tired. its just a given. I can't show her how to be hyper.[/quote]

that may be behavior which is [b]preferred[/b] in a certain breed but doesn't come in every dog of that breed. That happens even if you get a puppy..

Thats the chance that you run..especially getting a shelter dog. Many of which of traits uncharecteristic of their breed.

Edited by Roamin_Catholic
Posted

so I try again. Or I pay for a puppy. I guess shelter dogs aren't worth it. No wonder no one wants them.

Roamin Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632106' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:31 PM']so I try again. Or I pay for a puppy. I guess shelter dogs aren't worth it. No wonder no one wants them.[/quote]


uhhh. it happens sometimes even if you get a puppy..

Vincent Vega
Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632106' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:31 PM']so I try again. Or I pay for a puppy. I guess shelter dogs aren't worth it. No wonder no one wants them.[/quote]
I have to preface this: I was on your side of this thing until page two.
I'm no PETA fanatic, not by a long stretch, but animals are still God's creation, but you really speak of them as though they're little toys that you can play with when you want and throw away when you tire of them. And don't misconstrue that I'm saying it's equivocal with having a child; they're not even comparable. Animals do, however, have some dignity and it's not right to say that they're 'not worth anything'.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...