MissScripture Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1632117' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:40 PM']I have to preface this: I was on your side of this thing until page two. I'm no PETA fanatic, not by a long stretch, but animals are still God's creation, but you really speak of them as though they're little toys that you can play with when you want and throw away when you tire of them. And don't misconstrue that I'm saying it's equivocal with having a child; they're not even comparable. Animals do, however, have some dignity and it's not right to say that they're 'not worth anything'.[/quote] Having a dog isn't like having a baby? WHAT?
Autumn Dusk Posted August 20, 2008 Author Posted August 20, 2008 This dog isn't. Maybe for medical experiments...but she probably wouldn't even qualify for them. I didn't say she was a toy I tired of. She IS a possession, however, and she is not a posession that is acting how I need it to. Its like a car that I baught that was supposed to have good acceleration. Its a good car, and it works, but the acceleration smells of elderberries. Thats fine for someone who's playing mommy and toting kids to soccer practice in podunkville but for me I want a car that can get me off and on the exit ramps without turning into a pancake. So I got a better car. What is wrong with me wanting to get a better (and more suitable) dog becuase I do not approve of this one. Some people get attached to their cars and wouldn't of given up the car becuase it's acceleration sucked. It was a otherwise good car. But for me it was a dealbreaker. I have had dogs and I want a dog like one's I've had. Once you have what you want you can never go back. there's nothing wrong wtih that and just becuase I don't care what happens to her doesn't make me some sort of sadist becuase I don't think that she is worth anything. She's not. I should of been more careful when getting a dog that was so grossly unwanted she should of been killed years ago.
Vincent Vega Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1632122' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:45 PM']Having a dog isn't like having a baby? WHAT?[/quote] Well, I mean, a dog and a baby aren't equal in value or responsibility warranted.
MissScripture Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1632129' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:56 PM']Well, I mean, a dog and a baby aren't equal in value or responsibility warranted.[/quote] I was kidding...
MissScripture Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632125' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:50 PM']This dog isn't. Maybe for medical experiments...but she probably wouldn't even qualify for them. I didn't say she was a toy I tired of. She IS a possession, however, and she is not a posession that is acting how I need it to. Its like a car that I baught that was supposed to have good acceleration. Its a good car, and it works, but the acceleration smells of elderberries. Thats fine for someone who's playing mommy and toting kids to soccer practice in podunkville but for me I want a car that can get me off and on the exit ramps without turning into a pancake. So I got a better car. What is wrong with me wanting to get a better (and more suitable) dog becuase I do not approve of this one. Some people get attached to their cars and wouldn't of given up the car becuase it's acceleration sucked. It was a otherwise good car. But for me it was a dealbreaker. I have had dogs and I want a dog like one's I've had. Once you have what you want you can never go back. there's nothing wrong wtih that and just becuase I don't care what happens to her doesn't make me some sort of sadist [b]becuase I don't think that she is worth anything. She's not. I should of been more careful when getting a dog that was so grossly unwanted she should of been killed years ago.[/b][/quote] Just because you don't want her doesn't mean she is worthless. She is still part of God's creation and that means she's worth something.
Autumn Dusk Posted August 20, 2008 Author Posted August 20, 2008 You're taking things too seriously. she has no value to me, and to no one else. Ergo without worth that is in other words (class can we all say it together now) WORTHLESS
MissScripture Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632136' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:03 PM']You're taking things too seriously. she has no value to me, and to no one else. Ergo without worth that is in other words (class can we all say it together now) WORTHLESS[/quote] She has value to God. She is one of His creations. So, unless you're saying God is a no one, then she has worth to someone.
Roamin Catholic Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632136' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:03 PM']You're taking things too seriously. she has no value to me, and to no one else. Ergo without worth that is in other words (class can we all say it together now) WORTHLESS[/quote] and how do you know if she doesn't have any worth to me??? Have you interviewed everyone else in the world?? Stop assuming.
Vincent Vega Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632136' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:03 PM']You're taking things too seriously. she has no value to me, and to no one else. Ergo without worth that is in other words (class can we all say it together now) WORTHLESS[/quote] Wait...so you're the fellow I've been praying to all of these years? Cause if you deem this dog worthless, that must be that it's because it's part of Your creation. But wait...that would mean you created it and weren't satisfied...but that's contrary to the very essence of Your self. So either You aren't omnipotent and all of the other things You claim to be...or you aren't God and thence have no authority to deem living things worthless.
Vincent Vega Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 Haha, I love you guys. From now on, you're Auntie MS and Uncle Roamin. Kay? Kay.
Roamin Catholic Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 (edited) [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1632147' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:07 PM']Haha, I love you guys. From now on, you're Auntie MS and Uncle Roamin. Kay? Kay.[/quote] so which one of us is the sibling to CatherineM? Edited August 20, 2008 by Roamin_Catholic
Autumn Dusk Posted August 20, 2008 Author Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1632139' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:06 PM']and how do you know if she doesn't have any worth to me??? Have you interviewed everyone else in the world?? Stop assuming.[/quote] you don't even know that I'm real moreover that she's real. If you're such a bleeding heart that you have an emotinal investment in a dog you've never met owned by a person you've never met in a place you've probably never been to you've got more serious issues than I can reason away.
Vincent Vega Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1632151' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:09 PM']so which one of us is the sibling to CatherineM?[/quote] Wrong side. Duhhhhh.
Autumn Dusk Posted August 20, 2008 Author Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1632143' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:06 PM']Wait...so you're the fellow I've been praying to all of these years? Cause if you deem this dog worthless, that must be that it's because it's part of Your creation. But wait...that would mean you created it and weren't satisfied...but that's contrary to the very essence of Your self. So either You aren't omnipotent and all of the other things You claim to be...or you aren't God and thence have no authority to deem living things worthless.[/quote] Why can't I make a judgment. This dog is headed for the great pile of carcass where all the world will offically see her worthlessness. It won't mean that I was wrong. And if I'm not wrong I'm right.
Roamin Catholic Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632154' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:10 PM']you don't even know that I'm real moreover that she's real. If you're such a bleeding heart that you have an emotinal investment in a dog you've never met owned by a person you've never met in a place you've probably never been to you've got more serious issues than I can reason away.[/quote] maybe any dog has worth to me? Oh, and how do you know where I have been and where I havn't....c'mon..stop assuming.
Vincent Vega Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632160' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:12 PM']Why can't I make a judgment. This dog is headed for the great pile of carcass where all the world will offically see her worthlessness. It won't mean that I was wrong. And if I'm not wrong I'm right.[/quote] I just remembered the last time you were like this, and what happened, and why. I'll let you be for now.
Roamin Catholic Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1632157' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:11 PM']Wrong side. Duhhhhh.[/quote] oh gotcha...
Autumn Dusk Posted August 20, 2008 Author Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1632164' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:15 PM']I just remembered the last time you were like this, and what happened, and why. I'll let you be for now.[/quote] so now you know my dog and you're a psycologist. great. fun fun.
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 20, 2008 Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1632154' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:10 PM']If you're such a bleeding heart that you have an emotinal investment in a dog you've never met owned by a person you've never met in a place you've probably never been to you've got more serious issues than I can reason away.[/quote] at this point, i can't even take this thread seriously. sorry. rofl thanks for teh laughs, though
Autumn Dusk Posted August 20, 2008 Author Posted August 20, 2008 [quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1632162' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:14 PM']maybe any dog has worth to me? Oh, and how do you know where I have been and where I havn't....c'mon..stop assuming.[/quote] My point was that the dog may not even exist yet you claim you care. It isn't logical. And i can make a general assumption that out of the millions of places to live in New England you haven't lived in my town. Its a million to one odds that you have and I doubt anyone who spends time waining over dogs on the internet would have that kind of luck.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now