Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arrested While Wearing A Phatmass Shirt?


Recommended Posts

dominicansoul
Posted (edited)

[quote]Don't mistake my opposition to the way you and your comrades protest for animosity.[/quote]

They didn't protest for animosity!!! They protested the Democrat's being 100% backers of infanticide and baby-killing. We've already discussed this over and over again. Why do you insist on carping about FQI and co.'s protest being some how illegal and against just laws? They were protesting AGAINST the UNJUST LAW of ABORTION my friend. And if you don't have a problem with that, why do you insist on bringing up your opinion that it was an unjust protest? It wasn't. They weren't blocking entrances. The Dems could go in and out of the 10 other entrances to that place. I don't understand why you seek to gain attention away from the heart of the matter. Why do you do that?

And Pro-ABORTION groups do protests at the RNC all the time. Except you don't hear about it from the media because they are biased and won't mention anything that puts Abortion and the industry and it's evil minions in a bad light. How would I feel if Pro-abortionists protested like FQI and co. at the RNC? I would feel badly for them, for the dangers they put their souls in. They will have to answer to God for all the efforts they put in to continue supporting the slaughter of the innocents in this country.

As for FQI and co. they have done more than I can say I have these last weeks for the Pro-life cause. Their protest actually netted some results, helping to awaken some women to the facts on the matter. I think this is something I would rather look at than, to continue to bring up FQI's "breaking" the law like a sour broken record.

Edited by dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1646097' date='Sep 3 2008, 10:58 AM']They didn't protest for animosity!!! They protested the Democrat's being 100% backers of infanticide and baby-killing. We've already discussed this over and over again. Why do you insist on carping about FQI and co.'s protest being some how illegal and against just laws? They were protesting AGAINST the UNJUST LAW of ABORTION my friend. And if you don't have a problem with that, why do you insist on bringing up your opinion that it was an unjust protest? It wasn't. They weren't blocking entrances. The Dems could go in and out of the 10 other entrances to that place. I don't understand why you seek to gain attention away from the heart of the matter. Why do you do that?

And Pro-ABORTION groups do protests at the RNC all the time. Except you don't hear about it from the media because they are biased and won't mention anything that puts Abortion and the industry and it's evil minions in a bad light. How would I feel if Pro-abortionists protested like FQI and co. at the RNC? I would feel badly for them, for the dangers they put their souls in. They will have to answer to God for all the efforts they put in to continue supporting the slaughter of the innocents in this country.

As for FQI and co. they have done more than I can say I have these last weeks for the Pro-life cause. Their protest actually netted some results, helping to awaken some women to the facts on the matter. I think this is something I would rather look at than, to continue to bring up FQI's "breaking" the law like a sour broken record.[/quote]

Uhhhmmm... I'm pretty sure he was saying "Don't mistake my opposition.... for animosity." Not saying the protest was "for animosity."

:mellow:

Posted

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1639464' date='Aug 27 2008, 10:26 AM']yes!! i didn't know if you would want me including you in the incident... props to Coffee! i woke her up way late, and she got up way early to take me home!!!

and, as for the pictures, part of me is in one of them... :ninja:[/quote]

why'd they put a plastic bag over that one guy's head?

Posted

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1639643' date='Aug 27 2008, 01:41 PM']Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Those pictures of the priest being led away and him blessing his supporters are simply [i]awesome[/i].[/quote]

I agree.

:bigclap:

Posted

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1646206' date='Sep 3 2008, 01:40 PM']Uhhhmmm... I'm pretty sure he was saying "Don't mistake my opposition.... for animosity." Not saying the protest was "for animosity."

:mellow:[/quote]

Yeah. That's what I meant...

Dang...I was reading that and thinking "What the heck is this all about?"

fides quarens intellectum
Posted

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1646212' date='Sep 3 2008, 11:52 AM']why'd they put a plastic bag over that one guy's head?[/quote]

?

Posted

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1646278' date='Sep 3 2008, 02:31 PM']?[/quote]

on the slideshow mentioned in the message i quoted, there's a handcuffed guy w/ a plastic bag or covering of some sort over his entire head.

Posted

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1646315' date='Sep 3 2008, 02:12 PM']on the slideshow mentioned in the message i quoted, there's a handcuffed guy w/ a plastic bag or covering of some sort over his entire head.[/quote]


Yeah! I thought that kinda treatment was reserved for middle easterners that may or may not be guilty of a crime, not americans who may or may not be guilty of a crime. :topsy:

fides quarens intellectum
Posted

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1646315' date='Sep 3 2008, 02:12 PM']on the slideshow mentioned in the message i quoted, there's a handcuffed guy w/ a plastic bag or covering of some sort over his entire head.[/quote]

oh - i see what you mean now - that wasn't our group, so i have no clue. i am guessing he was less, um, peaceful than we were :idontknow:

Posted

I've had an interesting experience surrounding this whole event. One of the girls that I work with, Diana, went to the DNC with her family. Diana is a young democrat, eager for change, gung-ho about Barack Obama and absolutely 100% pro-choice.

I worked with Diana over this past weekend, where she showed pictures and told stories of the convention, all to eager listeners who were curious about who she saw speak, and what she thought of the whole thing. Eventually she mentioned the protests, and the one that took her off guard. I asked Diana about this protest in particular, what about it took her off guard, why did it make such an impact?

Her reply was that these people, were completely cooperative with the authorities, and prayed throughout the whole ordeal. Why were they so cooperative? Why was their protest different than the others? Why were there priests involved?

By this time it had already dawned on me that this was the same protest that our very own Fides was arrested as a part of. I began to explain to her the reasoning behind it, and the necessity to get the message out, to as many people as possible, and the only way to do that effectively was what they did.

I've been evangelizing Diana for almost 6 months now, she had never really responded to anything I said, except to disagree. Since the DNC and seeing how much passion, how much love for life, even life they've never met, she has been far more receptive to the Gospel message.

Please, everyone, pray for Diana.

And thank Fides for making a stand for what is right.

Posted

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1646756' date='Sep 3 2008, 08:48 PM']I've had an interesting experience surrounding this whole event. One of the girls that I work with, Diana, went to the DNC with her family. Diana is a young democrat, eager for change, gung-ho about Barack Obama and absolutely 100% pro-choice.

I worked with Diana over this past weekend, where she showed pictures and told stories of the convention, all to eager listeners who were curious about who she saw speak, and what she thought of the whole thing. Eventually she mentioned the protests, and the one that took her off guard. I asked Diana about this protest in particular, what about it took her off guard, why did it make such an impact?

Her reply was that these people, were completely cooperative with the authorities, and prayed throughout the whole ordeal. Why were they so cooperative? Why was their protest different than the others? Why were there priests involved?

By this time it had already dawned on me that this was the same protest that our very own Fides was arrested as a part of. I began to explain to her the reasoning behind it, and the necessity to get the message out, to as many people as possible, and the only way to do that effectively was what they did.

I've been evangelizing Diana for almost 6 months now, she had never really responded to anything I said, except to disagree. Since the DNC and seeing how much passion, how much love for life, even life they've never met, she has been far more receptive to the Gospel message.

Please, everyone, pray for Diana.

And thank Fides for making a stand for what is right.[/quote]


Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, illuminate Diana with Divine Mercy. Amen. ::sign::

Posted

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1646756' date='Sep 3 2008, 06:48 PM']I've had an interesting experience surrounding this whole event. One of the girls that I work with, Diana, went to the DNC with her family. Diana is a young democrat, eager for change, gung-ho about Barack Obama and absolutely 100% pro-choice.

I worked with Diana over this past weekend, where she showed pictures and told stories of the convention, all to eager listeners who were curious about who she saw speak, and what she thought of the whole thing. Eventually she mentioned the protests, and the one that took her off guard. I asked Diana about this protest in particular, what about it took her off guard, why did it make such an impact?

Her reply was that these people, were completely cooperative with the authorities, and prayed throughout the whole ordeal. Why were they so cooperative? Why was their protest different than the others? Why were there priests involved?

By this time it had already dawned on me that this was the same protest that our very own Fides was arrested as a part of. I began to explain to her the reasoning behind it, and the necessity to get the message out, to as many people as possible, and the only way to do that effectively was what they did.

I've been evangelizing Diana for almost 6 months now, she had never really responded to anything I said, except to disagree. Since the DNC and seeing how much passion, how much love for life, even life they've never met, she has been far more receptive to the Gospel message.

Please, everyone, pray for Diana.

And thank Fides for making a stand for what is right.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
that's awesome :thumbsup:

fides quarens intellectum
Posted

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1646756' date='Sep 3 2008, 07:48 PM']I've had an interesting experience surrounding this whole event. One of the girls that I work with, Diana, went to the DNC with her family. Diana is a young democrat, eager for change, gung-ho about Barack Obama and absolutely 100% pro-choice.

I worked with Diana over this past weekend, where she showed pictures and told stories of the convention, all to eager listeners who were curious about who she saw speak, and what she thought of the whole thing. Eventually she mentioned the protests, and the one that took her off guard. I asked Diana about this protest in particular, what about it took her off guard, why did it make such an impact?

Her reply was that these people, were completely cooperative with the authorities, and prayed throughout the whole ordeal. Why were they so cooperative? Why was their protest different than the others? Why were there priests involved?

By this time it had already dawned on me that this was the same protest that our very own Fides was arrested as a part of. I began to explain to her the reasoning behind it, and the necessity to get the message out, to as many people as possible, and the only way to do that effectively was what they did.

I've been evangelizing Diana for almost 6 months now, she had never really responded to anything I said, except to disagree. Since the DNC and seeing how much passion, how much love for life, even life they've never met, she has been far more receptive to the Gospel message.

Please, everyone, pray for Diana.[/quote]

Thanks so much, Olaf, for posting this. It is such a reminder to me of just how the Holy Spirit orchestrates things way beyond my comprehension. Diana is in my prayers.

All glory to God.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...