peach_cube Posted September 16, 2008 Posted September 16, 2008 Went to Easter Mass and then studied for the Calc 3 final I had at 7 AM the following day.
Sparky Posted September 16, 2008 Author Posted September 16, 2008 [quote name='philothea' post='1656935' date='Sep 16 2008, 06:05 PM']I... er... became Catholic. Really! (It was a coincidence.)[/quote] I don't think we could top that for great birthdays.
tinytherese Posted September 16, 2008 Posted September 16, 2008 I'll be lame on my 21st birthday, which won't be until next year. Since it'll be a sunday then I won't drink anything alcoholic. I'll have a pina calada six days later but not get drunk. I just like the idea of drinking what is in that song. I'll probably never drink alcohol ever again after that. I had a tiny sip of my mom's beer in elementary school and it tasted terrible! My breath never smelt worse. (She let me have a sip by the way. I didn't steal it and she didn't make me or even suggest it. I was just jealous that my younger cousin got to dip her finger tips into the drink and then taste it.So I asked my mom for a little.)
Old_Joe Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 I threw a pizza party with my friends. Micah helped.
isilzha Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 I went to this bar/restaurant with a couple of my friends. They all drank (the ones that were 21+ did anyway) I didn't.
rachael Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 went out to dinner with my parents and they bought my first 'legal' drink. then my mom and i went out to a bar after dinner where she encouraged me to drink more... that weekend i celebrated a *little* more with one of my best friends by visiting her and partying with her sorority and a few fraternities.
Kitty Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 (edited) I actually bought my first legal drink when I went to Australia, because the drinking age is 18 there and I'm 19. I got a glass of red wine. My favorite drinks I got there were a screwdriver and a cosmo, though. Yum. I'm not sure what I'll do on my 21st, probably go out to dinner with my parents or something. I'm excited for it. Edited September 17, 2008 by Kitty
BG45 Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Had a party with the family. I didn't actually go drinking until I was in a conference over half a year later, and then my school paid for my first glass of merlot.
ardillacid Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1656911' date='Sep 16 2008, 06:13 PM']I don't remember. [/quote]
Guest Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 got to drunk, dont be an idiot like delivery boy. be safe.
Romans1513 Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 I'll be 21 on Thursday! I'm planning to go to a restaurant with a couple of friends after Bible study, have a drink or two- nothing extreme.
fides quarens intellectum Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1656945' date='Sep 16 2008, 06:17 PM']Since it'll be a sunday then I won't drink anything alcoholic.[/quote] why no drinking on Sunday?
DemonSlayer Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Probably nothing, but I can't remember.
aalpha1989 Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Iunno. I'll probably do nothing, having been in Germany for 3 months already (or so i am planning...
melporcristo Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 JMJ I went out to Applebee's too! And got a nasty martini. Later on, my friend took me and another friend out and introduced me to drinking without getting wasted and to enjoy the taste of drinks. I recommend a Long Island Iced Tea or White Russian.
doe-jo Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 I'm not there yet but I'll probably do nothing.
Archaeology cat Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 I recommend a good single malt scotch whiskey (I personally really like Bell's ) Though for a first drink, maybe a cosmo.
corban711 Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 my brothers and my best friends have a tradition of buying a long island iced tea for our first drink...however, that happened after my actual 21st. i broke our little tradition...i went camping the weekend of my 21st with two of my closest friends. it served as both my 21st and the bachelor party for my friend ryan who was getting married just 2 weeks after. he didn't want a "real" party...just some time with us, his closest friends. we had some beer the night of my birthday and the next day we went river rafting and almost died. 4 police cars, 2 fire trucks and 17 rescuers in all took several hours to get me out of the river. so you probably shouldn't do that!!!!
CoffeeCatholic Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 I waited up till midnight and had a shot of the Mezcal my godsister had brought me back from Mexico since my birthday is the Feast of Our Lady Guadalupe. I don't recommend that at all. Not because it got me drunk, but because it was the grossest thing i've ever tasted! Like really bad tequilla that was poured through an old charcoal grill and set out in the hot sun before being bottled. Yuck. oh, and in the morning I went to Mass and Joey had a beautiful "date" planned for me in the evening.
Sarah_JC Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 At my 19th (Canadian), I went out to a licensed restaurant after some Catholic youth event (I forget what). I drank 3/4 of a singapore sling and fell asleep slumped over on the table.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now