Ash Wednesday Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 When I turned 21, I was on internship out of town, so away from my family and friends. They say one shouldn't drink on their lunch hour, but I went to some pseudo-Irish pub/eatery across the street from the agency I was working and ordered an Irish Cream coffee with my lunch. I was alone. That night my brother and his wife took me on one of those boat cruises outside of Couer d'Alene, I danced with a handsome fellow who was also turning 21 and it was his birthday too. Or else he was lying, who knows. But he asked me to dance and afterwards I wished him luck. I had a lot of sugary alcohol but I didn't feel all that drunk. The whole time I was like, "Well, hmmm." I think it would have been more fun if my friends were around. Pretty anticlimactic day, I would say.
CoffeeCatholic Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Oh- I also forgot- I had a final exam, like I did for 5 straight years on my birthday! Boy am i glad that's over with!
Balthazor Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 Had a few drinks with friends and did a hot wax on my hands..... really exciting huh?
philothea Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 [quote name='Sarah_JC' post='1657351' date='Sep 17 2008, 09:11 AM']At my 19th (Canadian), I went out to a licensed restaurant after some Catholic youth event (I forget what). I drank 3/4 of a singapore sling and fell asleep slumped over on the table.[/quote] Way to party!
IrishSalesian Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 My 21st Birthday was during final exam week at school, so I studied...
knightec Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 The only thing that I can remember is the splitting headache I had the next day.
Sarah_JC Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 [quote name='philothea' post='1657382' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:10 AM'] Way to party! [/quote] What can I say? I hold my liquor much better now. Now I can have one beer in an evening.
picchick Posted September 17, 2008 Posted September 17, 2008 I took my camera everywhere and shot pictures of my day. Then I went and got my driver's licence changed. I made the people there take a picture with me. They thought I was weird. Then I ate. Then I went to the store and bought some fruity wine...I have matured since then because I know what I am doing....sorta. And my family took a pic of my buying the wine. The lady didn't card me. I said, "Wait, don't you need to card me???" I was sorta sad. She gave me a dirty look and then said, "Can I see your card?" She barely looked at the prettiness of my new card. She handed it back. I went home and threw back a couple of glasses and went to sleep. TA DA!
Groo the Wanderer Posted September 18, 2008 Posted September 18, 2008 Hmm...hard to remember that far back. I *think* I woke up, threw aside the furs, got my club, kicked dirt on the cave fire and went hunting mammoth for breakfast. That's the day I got the scar in my eyebrow...sneaky sabertooth jumped me...
Sparky Posted September 18, 2008 Author Posted September 18, 2008 [quote name='HolyPhoenix' post='1658347' date='Sep 18 2008, 02:01 PM']You already know what I did. [/quote]
let_go_let_God Posted September 18, 2008 Posted September 18, 2008 It was my golden birthday and I got some sweet ashes. I also had a small veggie pizza and a little beer. God bless- LGLG
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 18, 2008 Posted September 18, 2008 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1657357' date='Sep 17 2008, 10:41 AM']Pretty anticlimactic day, I would say. [/quote] I went out to dinner with Matt and my parents. I ordered a Tom Collins. Then we went to a local brewery and ordered beers... mine was a cherry stout, as I recall, and it was too heavy so I gave it to my dad. I think the best thing about that birthday was that Matt was able to come visit me for it. lol
rachael Posted September 19, 2008 Posted September 19, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1658542' date='Sep 18 2008, 05:53 PM'] I went out to dinner with Matt and my parents. I ordered a Tom Collins. Then we went to a local brewery and ordered beers... mine was a cherry stout, as I recall, and it was too heavy so I gave it to my dad. I think the best thing about that birthday was that Matt was able to come visit me for it. lol[/quote] Watch out...Katie's a wild one!
franciscanheart Posted September 19, 2008 Posted September 19, 2008 i had a phatmasser at my "box" (my apt) on my birthday. things got a little hairy (not literally... she's clean-shaven - to the best of my knowledge). it was sad when she left. and yes, i got drunk. and again, i don't recommend it. the end.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 19, 2008 Posted September 19, 2008 [quote name='rachael' post='1658971' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:20 AM']Watch out...Katie's a wild one! [/quote] Well, I left off the part where we were dancing on the bar and swinging from the chandeliers...
picchick Posted September 19, 2008 Posted September 19, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1659134' date='Sep 19 2008, 01:24 PM']Well, I left off the part where we were dancing on the bar and swinging from the chandeliers... [/quote] You did?????? Totally awesome. I wasn't wild on my 21....only later
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 19, 2008 Posted September 19, 2008 [quote name='picchick' post='1659135' date='Sep 19 2008, 02:25 PM']You did?????? Totally awesome. I wasn't wild on my 21....only later [/quote] Not really. I was wearing a skirt. Everyone would have seen my underwear. And THAT would have been embarrassing.
picchick Posted September 19, 2008 Posted September 19, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1659138' date='Sep 19 2008, 01:29 PM'] Not really. I was wearing a skirt. Everyone would have seen my underwear. And THAT would have been embarrassing.[/quote] You should have worn pantyhose...then no one would see anything....
jckinsman Posted September 20, 2008 Posted September 20, 2008 I was 5 months pregnant with my first son. I don't drink anyway. I went out to dinner and had heartburn. That's my story.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now