Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Saint Therese
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1693558' date='Nov 4 2008, 11:34 PM']The only thing that is keeping me fairly calm is the knowledge that I voted with a moral conscience.[/quote]
Same here.

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1693557' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:34 AM']Yup. And it was oh sooooo close. I'm really broken up over here. hehe[/quote]

Haha. I went McCain...almost went with Alan Keyes, though.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='kujo' post='1693549' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:30 AM']Finally...someone who knows what the real stakes were.

Did you vote for Barr?[/quote]
You?


Oh I see. Hehe. And Fl still went blue. How close was it?

Edited by Lounge Daddy
Posted

I wish I could have voted... I'm just a year short. :sadder:

at least my state went to mccain.

Ash Wednesday
Posted (edited)

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1693552' date='Nov 4 2008, 11:31 PM']Because we're sick of the BS being thrown at us and other Obama supporters. It simply comes down to the fact that your propaganda failed and Obama has won.[/quote]

I wasn't even talking about politics. I was talking about the snide remarks you people come up about religion in general. What is your point and purpose here?

But since you pushed the political issue -- propaganda is not the same thing as having concern for a matter of objective right and wrong. The candidate that "wins" is not always the right or best one.

Edited by Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1693563' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:36 AM']I think that's a good point to remember. You can all gloat in your self righteousness.[/quote]

Stop. Unnecessary. She voted with her conscience just like you did. Don't be like that.

Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1693572' date='Nov 4 2008, 10:37 PM']Stop. Unnecessary. She voted with her conscience just like you did. Don't be like that.[/quote]
I don't have a conscience. I am a soul-less and brainwashed liberal.

Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1693552' date='Nov 4 2008, 11:31 PM']Because we're sick of the BS being thrown at us and other Obama supporters. It simply comes down to the fact that your propaganda failed and Obama has won.[/quote]

Well... because he won doesn't disprove any of the BS. I mean its not like anyone here was saying 'you're wrong McCain is going to win'. Its more like 'we're screwed if Obama wins'.

Posted

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1693525' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:20 AM']I'm ripping up my social security card and im disappearing. I want nothing to do with this rotten country. bye[/quote]

hey dude.

If you continually make erratic/hyperbolic/exagerated claims over and over again while concistantly failing to back up your words with deeds people will start to view you as just a bag of hot air.

Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1693574' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:38 AM']I don't have a conscience. I am a soul-less and brainwashed liberal.[/quote]

That's not true. Be better. They're ridiculous...don't be like them.

Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1693574' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:38 AM']I don't have a conscience. I am a soul-less and brainwashed liberal.[/quote]
You monster.

Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1693580' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:40 AM']hey dude.

If you continually make erratic/hyperbolic/exagerated claims over and over again while concistantly failing to back up your words with deeds people will start to view you as just a bag of hot air.[/quote]

Wait...hold on...

I wasn't supposed to have already thought that about him?

eagle_eye222001
Posted (edited)

Well Obama won. Expected but still disapointing.

Interesting to see what happens in 4 years.

I can say now though that America will see change from Obama and learn that his change is not for the better.

Edited by eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1693574' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:38 AM']I don't have a conscience. I am a soul-less and brainwashed liberal.[/quote]


I understand where you are coming from, but now is the time to heal. We've been through 8 years of Bush/Rove cut and burn politics.

It's time to move on. Some have said horrid things about Obama, really disgusting garbage. Some Obama people have been out of bounds as well. The past is the past, let's move on. We have serious problems to deal with, not petty internet fights.

Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1693581' date='Nov 4 2008, 10:40 PM']That's not true. Be better. They're ridiculous...don't be like them.[/quote]
Sorry. I'm just so happy and in a "I told you so" kind of mood. Though the propaganda won't stop, it doesn't matter anymore. He's going to be President regardless of the cr@p that conservatives spew now.

What sickens me is that though I respect the opinions here and understand the strength in opinion about abortion, execution was horrid. You have every right to your opinion, but you have no right to slander and lies, which is what I've seen.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

Okay, this is all seriously retarded.

Obama supporters: grow up.

Everyone else: calm down.

Posted

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1693562' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:35 AM']So how much play will the Dems get out of blaming Bush and the Republican Party when things get worse? One year? Two?[/quote]

Highly unlikely. As long as the kool-aid is still being served, it'll always be Bush's fault.

It'll be entertaining to see how the media jumps on Obama after the honeymoon, like they always do with every new President.

Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1693584' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:41 AM']Wait...hold on...

I wasn't supposed to have already thought that about him?[/quote]


:detective:
only the super observant, like myself, usually pick up on that :mellow:

Posted

So far it looks like the GOP has 5 seats lost in the Senate, and 9 seats in the House. ...and counting.

Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1693589' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:43 AM']Sorry. I'm just so happy and in a "I told you so" kind of mood. Though the propaganda won't stop, it doesn't matter anymore. He's going to be President regardless of the cr@p that conservatives spew now.

What sickens me is that though I respect the opinions here and understand the strength in opinion about abortion, execution was horrid. You have every right to your opinion, but you have no right to slander and lies, which is what I've seen.[/quote]

Yeah. I understand. I wish I could feel good about this decision but I just don't.

Healing, my friend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...