An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Obama Is Not An Antichrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1695493' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:43 AM']Well?[/quote]

John 4
[size=7]
This is how you can know the Spirt of God : every spirit that acknowleges Jesus Christ come in the flesh belongs to God, and every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus does not belong to God. This is the spirit of the the antichirst. [/size]

Edited by Guest

A quotation is not an argument.

[size=6]Prove that the words used in that text are univocal in meaning and only apply in that single context.[/size]

BTW, thanks for enlarging your text, but remember the size of your font is not by itself a reasoned argument.

I await your proof.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695501' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:49 AM']BTW, thanks for enlarging your text, but remember the size of your font is not by itself a reasoned argument.

I await your proof.[/quote]

lol im done
im getting way to worked up over this. i dont even like obama that much.
im sorry for getting angry i get way to worked up on these phorums.
im done, i presented my argument as you presented yours.
i do appolgogise about the three word thing.
that was out line.
Godbless you man

Edited by Guest

Apo you're the expert here... if thats not what the words mean then tell us.

Edited by rkwright

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695502' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:51 PM']lol im getting way to worked up over this. i dont even like obama that much.
im sorry for getting angry i get way to worked up on these phorums.
im done, i presented my argument as you presented yours.
i do appolgogise about the three word thing.
that was out line.
Godbless you man[/quote]
I am simply asking you to provide a reasoned argument in defense of your position. If you cannot provide one that is fine.

[quote name='rkwright' post='1695503' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:52 AM']Apo you're the expert here... if thats not what the words mean then tell us.[/quote]

ya exactly

im not a super catholic like you apo
ive provided my evidence y i think obama is not a antichrist
pleaseeeeeeee
give me some catholic teaching on what an antichrist is
serioulsy
not your words
some church teaching

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695498' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:47 AM']John 4

This is how you can know the Spirt of God : every spirit that acknowleges Jesus Christ come in the flesh belongs to God, and every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus does not belong to God. This is the spirit of the the antichirst.[/quote]

I know John 4 I asked if what anti meant.

This is the Definition of anti

[b]anti–[/b]
[indent]1. [b]Opposite[/b]: antimere.
2. [b]Opposing; against[/b]: antiapartheid.
3. [b]Counteracting[/b]; neutralizing: antacid.
4. [b]Destroying[/b]: antiaircraft.
[/indent]
If one supports genocide of abortion, the mass murder of childrens [color="#FF0000"]lives[/color] one is destroying, counteracting, opposing, opposite to Life, and because Christ is [color="#FF0000"]Life[/color] they would be a Antichrist.

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

[quote name='rkwright' post='1695503' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:52 AM']Apo you're the expert here... if thats not what the words mean then tell us.[/quote]

Are demons in hell Antichrists? How can they not be?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1695508' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:57 AM']I know John 4 I asked if what anti meant.

This is the Definition of anti

[b]anti–[/b]
1. [b]Opposite[/b]: antimere.
2. [b]Opposing; against[/b]: antiapartheid.
3. [b]Counteracting[/b]; neutralizing: antacid.
4. [b]Destroying[/b]: antiaircraft.

If one supports genocide of abortion, the mass murder of childrens [color="#FF0000"]lives[/color] one is destroying, counteracting, opposing, opposite to Life, and because Christ is [color="#FF0000"]Life[/color] they would be a Antichrist.[/quote]

i respect that bro and see what you are saying with that. i really do.

[quote name='rkwright' post='1695503' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:52 PM']Apo you're the expert here... if thats not what the words mean then tell us.[/quote]
The burden of proof lies with the one making the argument.

I am asking Delivery Boy to prove that the words used in the First Epistle of John are univocal, that is, that they can only be used in that one particular context. He also needs to show that this singular use is a part of tradition, and that the Church's magisterium has never declared other men to be "anti-Christs" for simply opposing Christ's message.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695512' date='Nov 6 2008, 03:00 AM']The burden of proof lies with the one making the argument.

I am asking Delivery Boy to prove that the words used in the First Epistle of John are univocal, that is, that they can only be used in that one particular context. He also needs to show that this singular use is a part of tradition, and that the Church's magisterium has never declared that people have been "anti-Christs" for opposing Christ's message.[/quote]

i cant do that and im sincerly asking you to help me out and show me some church teaching and instances where this applies.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1695512' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:00 AM']The burden of proof lies with the one making the argument.

I am asking Delivery Boy to prove that the words used in the First Epistle of John are univocal, that is, that they can only be used in that one particular context. He also needs to show that this singular use is a part of tradition, and that the Church's magisterium has never declared other men to be "anti-Christs" for opposing simply opposing Christ's message.[/quote]

burden of proof blah blah... sounds good in a court room...

You said he's poorly Catechized... so Catechize him - and all of us reading.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1695498' date='Nov 6 2008, 02:47 AM']John 4

This is how you can know the Spirt of God : every spirit that acknowleges Jesus Christ come in the flesh belongs to God, and every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus does not belong to God. This is the spirit of the the antichirst.[/quote]

What of people who do not believe in Christ? Do they have the spirit of Antichrist? John says so...

KnightofChrist

[quote name='rkwright' post='1695514' date='Nov 6 2008, 03:03 AM']burden of proof blah blah... sounds good in a court room...

You said he's poorly Catechized... so Catechize him - and all of us reading.[/quote]

Again, are the demons in hell Antichrists?