An Old School Catholic Message Board

Justin86's Creepy Ever Changing Strings Of Luck

Justin86

So, it's only lunch time over here, and already I've had a very interesting day.

It began at 5 am this morning when I showed up for front desk watch. As turned out, the girl I was relieving from duty the night before had ordered what must have been at least two dozen chocolate chip cookies from Subway, and hadn't eaten them. "Want some cookies?", she said. "I don't want 'em. [i]Score![/i], I thought. Free cookies! What an awesome stroke of luck for me! Then another guy I work with comes in and says, "Hey, you drink Pepsi? I went to the vending machine for my Gatorade this morning, and it popped out this Pepsi too. Want it?" Hell ya, I did! Free cookies, and free Pepsi in the same morning? How does such an awesome stroke of luck strike one man? [i]Today is going to be an awesome day.[/i], I thought.

Well, by 10 am my luck completely did a 360. This Warrant Officer comes up to me at front desk, and says. "Hey, you scheduled my appointment. You're killing me, man!" I'm like, "Huh?" :unsure: Turns out I accidently scheduled him for a filling appointment when actually he needed a cleaning. At the time he came in, all the actual cleaning schedules were full, and he was now about to have come into our clinic for no reason.

Oh, and the Warrant Officer was [i]really[/i] ticked off at me, too. I apologized, completely bewildered at how I made such a stupid mistake, but that wasn't enough, apparently. "So, what exactly is your policy when people fail their appointments?", he asked. I responded, "Well sir, we put them all on a report, and then we send it to their command's Sergeant Major, and he deals with them." "Really?", he asked. "So what happens when you people at dental screw up, huh? Who deals with [i]you[/i]? I mean, I clear my time out of my busy schedule to come all the way down because someone is on my rear about it, and now I have to clear my time again?" I felt so small.

Then he decides to go talk to my Commander, my clinic director, the head honcho around here. The guy who holds my life in his hands. Oh c[i][/i]rap. :fear:

A few minutes later my Commander comes out of the office to get front desk’s side of the story, and I tell him I was the one responsible. He just says, "Don't worry. It only proves you’re human. No one is blaming you." Except for the Warrant Officer, I guess. :mellow: Anyway, that Warrant Officer doesn't have any real power over me, so apparently I'm off the hook. Also, he was given a cleaning. By the dentist I scheduled him with. Yeah, a dentist doing a cleaning. I bet that doc was like, "WTF?"

Still, the fact that I escaped unscathed by my command didn't help me not to feel bothered by the whole event. I don't screw up like that at front desk. How does this happen to me?!! I never make that kind of dumb mistake! I mean, I'm the guy at front desk that can update records on the computer faster than a speeding bullet, answer phone calls, and send emails, all at the same time! I'm like Superman up here. How do I accidentally make a cleaning appointment, for a filling?

My bad luck also extended into the galley during lunch. Apparently, I was so upset with myself, I was actually whispering to myself, and clenching my fists while softly banging the table. This caught the attention of a Gunny sitting on the other side of the galley, who decided to come all the way over, just to talk to me. "You ok?" He asked, sitting down at my table. "Um...yeah....", I said, not really wanting to tell him dental's business, as that viewed as rather unprofessional in the military. "So, who were you talking to?", he asks. I hang my head embarrassingly, I say, "Myself...look, I'm just having a bad day, Gunny. I would rather not talk about it." "Would rather not talk about it, huh?" he says, "Ok." Then he walks away, and leaves me alone to sulk with the rest of my food.

You know, this day has got me thinking about one episode of one of my favorite shows, Supernatural (it's about two brothers that go cross country fighting demons, and other things. It's a pretty awesome show). In one episode last season, there was this cursed rabbit's foot, that brought a short string of good luck to the person who touched it, but later after they lose the foot, their luck would start going really sour until they die a horrible, bizarre, gruesome, Final-Destination style death. Since this appears to be happening to me (minus the rabbit's foot), I've been coming up with ways I could die in a similar fashion.

Walking home from work to my barracks right across the street, a Green Line bus driver, completely lost and way off his route, comes out of nowhere and plows me over, leaving the Japanese construction crews to pave over what's left of me, as blood won't come out of pavement.

I’me smoking a cigarette outside my clinic when a sudden, ridiculously strong gust of wind blows one of those strange wooden poles they have in the ground that serve no real purpose straight towards to me, and it impales me against the wall.

While using the urinary, I miss and when turning around I slip, bang my head open, and die in a pool of my own blood and urine.

Trying to get to my computer, I trip, crash head first through the monitor, and get electrocuted.

You know, there’s a lot of a hazards around here that I don't think a whole lot of people pay attention to. :detective:

[quote name='rachael' post='1699957' date='Nov 12 2008, 01:44 PM']tl;dr[/quote]
No comprde No esponal

On a side not, just now I updated a guy's record who's first name was "Lucky". I'm not joking. :detective:

Lawl, funny... Hope the rest of your day is good...

Here's a funny epic death you could try...

You hit on a girl, she slaps you really hard and you twist your neck the wrong way at the same time and it parylises you and you fall into the water. And die. The end.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1699988' date='Nov 12 2008, 02:22 PM']You hit on a girl, she slaps you really hard and you twist your neck the wrong way at the same time and it parylises you and you fall into the water. And die. The end.[/quote]
That would also be embrassing, since I'd be K'Oed by girl. Wow. You really know how to hurt a man when he's down. :sadwalk:

:P

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1700023' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:16 PM']or while cleaning someones teeth you slip and get cut by his canine tooth and you find out he had rabies.[/quote]
Funny thing is, since I work at front desk I have nothing to do with patient care. It's been ages since the last time I've actually been inside someone's mouth.

missionseeker

This thread is really morbid.

maybe... you get so depressed reading about how people think of ways for you to die on this thread that you can't eat for days.

And then you die.

Justin, tired from his roller coaster of luck day, decides to go for a walk. He finds himself walking to Shuri-jo Castle Park. There are many people there. Most of them are tourists yet Justin finds a little niche in which he could just hide. This niche, located in the Shoin Sasunoma garden, provides him some relief from the day that began stressing him out.

He thought about his day and tried to figure a way out to turn it around.
"I don't understand....it was beginning so well!" He thought as he buried his face in his hands.

A little squirrel came up to him as he sat there in depression.

"What? A squirrel? What is this? There are no squirrels in Japan." Justin asked himself in amazement.

The grey squirrel looked up at him with huge eyes. It just stood there. Justin did not notice the little red dot that gleamed deep within his retina. Instead, being the navy boy that he is, Justin decided to reach out and pet it.

"You look so cute! And you seem to be so tame! I feel like petting you. You just might be the thing that brightens my day." He said to the squirrel.

The squirrel saw the pale hand coming closer and closer. Soon the fingers disappeared. The hand seemed to morph into a a cashew in the tiny brain of the squirrel. After it was too late, Justin saw the little red flame grow bigger and bigger in the eye of the squirrel. With a huge mouth, the squirrel chomped hard on the hand of the Navy kid.

Justin pulled his hand back quickly at the pain. The squirrel came right along with it.

"OW!" he shouted.

Foamy drool started dripping from his hand as he he tried to shake the squirrel loose. Unfortunately, the squirrel was not letting go. Justin then unclamped the jowls of the squirrel and threw it to the side. He ran for his life, cupping his bleeding hand in the other.

"Now what a I going to do? This squirrel almost killed me! This is really turning out to be a smelling of elderberry day..."

Justin's running slowed down. He became more and more tired. His mouth began watery and numb.

"I just need to sleep," the fatigued Justin said.

He came to a stop and collapsed.

And then he died.

Edited by picchick