CrossCuT Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 Yup. Its official! We are getting married on a sailboat. Go figure!
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 This boat: [img]http://www.sailtexas.com/WomensINT14.jpg[/img]
Resurrexi Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 I take it you had to get a dispensation from your Ordinary?
CrossCuT Posted March 25, 2009 Author Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1815768' date='Mar 24 2009, 08:53 PM']This boat: [img]http://www.sailtexas.com/WomensINT14.jpg[/img][/quote] So...will I be strapped to the big pole? Cause I think Ill fall out. [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1815769' date='Mar 24 2009, 08:55 PM']I take it you had to get a dispensation from your Ordinary?[/quote] Yes?
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1815772' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:57 PM']So...will I be strapped to the big pole? Cause I think Ill fall out. Yes?[/quote] rofl. Um yeah. You and I will be in things called trapeze harnesses that are attached with wires to the top of the mast. Just like the happy couple in the picture. um, why would you need a dispensation?
CrossCuT Posted March 25, 2009 Author Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1815773' date='Mar 24 2009, 08:59 PM']rofl. Um yeah. You and I will be in things called trapeze harnesses that are attached with wires to the top of the mast. Just like the happy couple in the picture. [/quote] Oh good! It looks really fast...
Resurrexi Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 (edited) Can. 1115 Marriages are to be celebrated in the parish in which either of the contracting parties has a domicile or a quasi-domicile or a month's residence or, if there is question of vagi, in the parish in which they are actually residing. With the permission of the proper Ordinary or the proper parish priest, marriages may be celebrated elsewhere. That's why you would need a dispensation. Edited March 25, 2009 by Resurrexi
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1815775' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:01 PM'] Oh good! It looks really fast...[/quote] Yeah it's super amazingly fast. And dangerous. But the fast part makes up for it lol
CatherineM Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 So are they letting cadets get married these days? You're closer to being a swab than an ensign, so it might be awhile.
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1815788' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:11 PM']So are they letting cadets get married these days? You're closer to being a swab than an ensign, so it might be awhile.[/quote] Well.......... No marriage until 2012 CC, sorry... But I guarantee that it'll be worth waiting for! Can you say fireworks??? And for a honeymoon, we can sail this boat from San Diego to Hawaii! [img]http://www.sailingscene.com.au/images/sailing/hobie/tiger/tiger.jpg[/img]
Resurrexi Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 So you seriously did get permission to get married on a boat?
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1815855' date='Mar 24 2009, 11:21 PM']So you seriously did get permission to get married on a boat?[/quote] not exactly...
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 Here's your wedding dress/drysuit! Two colors: [img]http://kokatat.com/images/products/medium/ds_wgfe_plum-black_med.jpg[/img] [img]http://kokatat.com/images/products/medium/ds_wgfe_mango-cobalt_med.jpg[/img]
CrossCuT Posted March 25, 2009 Author Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1815793' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:16 PM']Well.......... No marriage until 2012 CC, sorry... But I guarantee that it'll be worth waiting for! Can you say fireworks??? And for a honeymoon, we can sail this boat from San Diego to Hawaii! [img]http://www.sailingscene.com.au/images/sailing/hobie/tiger/tiger.jpg[/img][/quote] I hope I get a double strap!!! [quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1815866' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:30 PM']Here's your wedding dress/drysuit! Two colors: [img]http://kokatat.com/images/products/medium/ds_wgfe_plum-black_med.jpg[/img] [img]http://kokatat.com/images/products/medium/ds_wgfe_mango-cobalt_med.jpg[/img][/quote] There arent very many color options are there!!
CrossCuT Posted March 25, 2009 Author Posted March 25, 2009 A lady doesnt discuss her weight!! Im short and stubby, but very cute and huggable.
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1815904' date='Mar 24 2009, 11:46 PM']A lady doesnt discuss her weight!! Im short and stubby, but very cute and huggable. [/quote] Oh. Ok well I guess it's ok if you are a little heavy. Both of those boats require a good bit of crew weight, and I'm only 165...
txdinghysailor Posted March 25, 2009 Posted March 25, 2009 ok w/e I wasn't talking about looks or anything... Purely for sailing purposes.
CrossCuT Posted March 25, 2009 Author Posted March 25, 2009 Is there a height requirment for sailing?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now