An Old School Catholic Message Board

Satan....does He Really "exist?"

Bruce S

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='mulls' date='Mar 25 2004, 04:51 PM'] he probly woulda made it a little nicer if he knew that was gonna be his home forever. [/quote]
One would think.....

Thanks for finding the Scripture reference for that! :)

Thanks Mulls knew there had to be a concrete answer there somewhere, just did'nt search hard enough :D

God Bless..........hermit

But wait, Jesus never said that it was God who prepared hell. He just said it was prepared; never said who prepared it.

Dang it Dave now you got me wondering again :huh: but you are right it does'nt say who prepared it

Is there a solid answer for this anywhere in the Bible?

anybody?

.............hermit

you're welcome everyone.

does it matter who prepared it? if the devil did it was only cuz he had God's permission.

but anyway check out Acts 7:50, which references Isaiah 66:2

but i'm not sure that's a good argument considering the context of both passages. give it a look anyway, that's what i thought of off the top of my head.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

How could Satan have prepared Hell? Hell is a place of suffering, why would he make a pit of fire for himself? And isn't God the only One who can create? I think it's only logical to think that God created Hell, but perhaps somebody knows more...

Laudate_Dominum

If you think of it primarily as a state its easier to visualize how it can exist. In so far as hell and the creatures there have being there is good in them and God sustains this being which is good, but there is a privation so its evil. Hell is the bare minimum of good with the biggest privation in being which is evil. There is no such thing as pure evil or an evil god, or the pure perfection of evil. Evil is a parasite on the good and nothing more.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='mulls' date='Mar 25 2004, 10:21 PM'] a POWERFUL parasite nonetheless [/quote]
true. Christ says he is the prince of this world, which suggests he has lots of power over people and things. That freaks me out. I can believe it too. I've had times at the abortion clinic where you can feel the devils working.
Also thinking about the Nazis or something like that makes it seem like the devil was having a field day.

:sadder:

Livin_the_MASS

I've felt his evil presence one time so strong I laid prostate, my face on the floor putting myself in front of Christ crucified praying for Him to take it from me!

The devil is very real. The biggest lie he can get you to believe is that he doesn't exist! I tell you, he does! he is trying to get us to believe that sin isn't sin, but an alternate life style, or abortion not murder but a choice! He is a liar and working hard. Pray, Pray. Remember in my statement here hate the sin, love the sinners! We must pray for the salvation of souls!!!

We must pray with our best weapon, The Holy Rosary!!!

The devil is tricky, look what he did to Jesus in the desert, he tried to use Scripture on Him. But our Dear Lord of course is faaaaaaar smarter than the devil.

We must not worry to much "Jesus I trust in You". He is God, He is infinitely more powerful than the one who tempts us. For He is creator of all things, infinite wisdom!

In the love of Christ,
Jason

Edited by Jason

While I'm sure Satan would love for us all to believe he doesn't exist, wouldn't it be even more tempting for people to do evil for him to make them think they have all the time in the world to convert from him to God?

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote name='Raven' date='Mar 24 2004, 05:26 PM'] I also don't believe in a second hell. Earth, this existence is hell, and if you want to get to heaven, you'd sure as hell better behave, or you'll end up here again. [/quote]
I'm not trying to start anything...honest. But it amused me that someone who professes a disbelief in hell actually uses the term, "sure as hell".

Sorry. I don't get out much.