Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ever Seen Something Supernatural?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm just wondering if any of yall have encountered something supernatural that increased your faith. You always hear on phony stations like Daystar about the man who touches the women in the wheelchair and how she rises-I'm not referring to that. I'm meaning something like a Mary statue cry, or Jesus face in a rose petal-something along those lines. As for me personally, I have a rosary that is gold-which was originally white, but when taken to the apparition site of Medagorje(however you spell it) it was changed. What about yall?

Posted

I saw a rosary turn gold right before my eyes on a van ride to New York when i was taking some girls to visit convents adn some guys to visit seminaries.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Mar 24 2004, 11:39 PM'] I'm just wondering if any of yall have encountered something supernatural that increased your faith. You always hear on phony stations like Daystar about the man who touches the women in the wheelchair and how she rises-I'm not referring to that. I'm meaning something like a Mary statue cry, or Jesus face in a rose petal-something along those lines. As for me personally, I have a rosary that is gold-which was originally white, but when taken to the apparition site of Medagorje(however you spell it) it was changed. What about yall? [/quote]
I have a friend who was feeding the poor and they had enough food to feed like 500 people, but thousands ended up coming and the food was miraculously multiplied like the loaves and fish in the Bible.

WCC_Catholic
Posted

i know that when i was four years old i saw my dead grandmother and she had been dead about a mouth but i did not really understand what had happened but now i am somewhat like the kid in the sixth sense it is kind of strange but i am use to it. ya know? my loved ones seem to come and tell me that they are leaving this world. when i was a sophmore in high school my grandmother died and she talked to me for up to a month after she died she told that i didnt need to worry about anything because God would take care of me. i am also a bit in touch with my twin who died at birth so i am never really alone and i think that she is also my protecter and i know that wen ever i smell lilies or magnolias that she is really around just like when you smell roses at times when you are alone that means you are in the presnce of our Lady and i have also had that experance before it is awesome to know that she is with you.


Sarah Marie :shield: :ascension: :flowers: :banana:

Ash Wednesday
Posted

One of my best friends had her rosary turn to gold when she went to World Youth Day in 93. She said it was always silver, and she had it in her rosary case. She decided to take it out on one of the days there, and it was gold. I believe this happened at the Mother Cabrini shrine.

Nowdays I take a lot of those stories with a grain of salt and I tend to not base faith on them. But I believe it with my friend, because she has always had a strong faith, even as a child. She's always had the unassuming, solid faith that wouldn't require a gold rosary miracle, and really isn't what is most important to her, and she sure didn't hope for or expect it that I knew of. I think it was a powerful thing for me and her to experience as teenagers though. One of those supernatural consolations because we were younger in our faith then, if you know what I mean.

I've never had anything that really knocked my socks off like that would. Our Lady of Guadalupe did visit me and bless me in a dream, a bright light that zapped me with pure peace and love so strong it woke me up.

I don't know if it was supernatural or not, or just an ordinary dream. I guess I always felt that in the past my faith was inferior to my friend's, so I feel unworthy and don't think I would deserve a visit from Our Lady, and I have one of those "it doesn't happen to me" mentalities.

Though at times God does do extraordinary things that we believe are just ordinary. So who knows? :cyclops:

cmotherofpirl
Posted

There was a Marian conference in town 12 miles away that my husband attended. He called and said look at the sky. I figured the big blimps were going over again since their hanger is just acreoss the river from us. The Sun was dancing in the sky and shooting out colored rays like little lasars.

Seatbelt Blue
Posted

I didn't see anything, but rather, in 2000, God made Himself known to me.

NewFaithMan21
Posted

I see God Everwhere I go. I've gone through a lot of hardships in my time, and I truly feel like I've seen an appriation of God or the Holy Spirit everytime one of my wonderful friends takes time out of their hectic lives to call me and talk to me.

Some of you know of my mom, she had a terrible cancer and had A slim chance for survival. This was about 2 weeks ago. It was the night before her big operation and she had 10 percent chance of survival. One of my closest friends came over to see me on their own. We were outside talking, and she helped me get through a lot of what was going on in my head. Just then after we finished, I saw a perfectly green leaf, float down from above me in between us. All the trees around were dead.

Posted

1.) I had cabnit doors in my kitchen slam on me without any windows open or AC running.

I went and got my bible, read it out loud.

2.) I walked into my bedroom, there was a very large man standing in it in the dark looking at me. I jumped back, flipped on the light, came in ready to fight and no one was there.

I said a little prayer.




God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Mar 25 2004, 01:39 AM'] I'm just wondering if any of yall have encountered something supernatural that increased your faith. You always hear on phony stations like Daystar about the man who touches the women in the wheelchair and how she rises-I'm not referring to that. I'm meaning something like a Mary statue cry, or Jesus face in a rose petal-something along those lines. As for me personally, I have a rosary that is gold-which was originally white, but when taken to the apparition site of Medagorje(however you spell it) it was changed. What about yall? [/quote]
That is just WOW-COOL.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

[quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='Mar 25 2004, 02:08 AM'] i know that when i was four years old i saw my dead grandmother and she had been dead about a mouth but i did not really understand what had happened but now i am somewhat like the kid in the sixth sense it is kind of strange but i am use to it. ya know? my loved ones seem to come and tell me that they are leaving this world. when i was a sophmore in high school my grandmother died and she talked to me for up to a month after she died she told that i didnt need to worry about anything because God would take care of me. i am also a bit in touch with my twin who died at birth so i am never really alone and i think that she is also my protecter and i know that wen ever i smell lilies or magnolias that she is really around just like when you smell roses at times when you are alone that means you are in the presnce of our Lady and i have also had that experance before it is awesome to know that she is with you.


Sarah Marie :shield: :ascension: :flowers: :banana: [/quote]
My mother has a similar story about my Grandfather's death.


God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

Whoa thats crazy :o Another thing I remembered, is last year when I was going through some times, there was a period where I couldnt go to sleep at night, I would just stay up worrying-then I would pray the rosary, and during that time I felt this undescribale feeling in my room, and I was locked up unable to move though I tried, and it was the best most comforting feeling I've ever had, it was like literally Mary was holding onto me. I can't reallie describe what happened. And also, My Godmother went to an apparition site and took pictures of the sky, and it was very awesome-there were pictures of clouds the shape of crosses and Jesus face imprinted in roses.

ilovechrist
Posted

encountered something supernatural that increased my faith... The Passion Of The Christ!!! :D

Posted (edited)

You had a deceased relative visit you? Was it like in thier human form? Man- that kind of thing would trip me out

Edited by Krush2k2
Jake Huether
Posted

I see bread and wine turn into the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ every time I go to Mass.


;)

Posted

I was in Rome after the Jubilee and I saw the miraculous bodies of Bl. Pope John XXIII, St. Pius X, Bl. Innocent XI, and St. Catherine of Siena.

In Paris I saw the miraculously total incorrupt bodies of St. Catherine Labord of the Miraculous Medal, and St. Vincent de Paul.

It was all very powerful and it erased every trace of skepticism and my father experienced a conversion after the trip (I had a little re-conversion too!).

Really Really AWESOME! God is so Amazing!!!

WCC_Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Mar 25 2004, 01:03 PM'] You had a deceased relative visit you? Was it like in thier human form? Man- that kind of thing would trip me out [/quote]
it was kind of funny they come in human form but they have not feet and earlier this school year my room had a demon in it and it took my ex roommate it is sad

Sarah Marie :shield: :banana:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='Mar 25 2004, 03:26 PM'] it was kind of funny they come in human form but they have not feet and earlier this school year my room had a demon in it and it took my ex roommate it is sad

Sarah Marie :shield: :banana: [/quote]
wait a second.. the demon took your ex-roommate!! what happened? If you don't mind my asking.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

I know a priest who was saying Mass in a remote chapel in Mexico, and in the middle of the Mass the realized they had forgot to bring any wine. The priest didn't know what to do since it wasn't possible to go back for the wine and they had already started the Liturgy of the Eucharist. So for some reason (probably the Holy Spirit) he just kept going. Anyway, he actually said the words of consecration over an empty chalice, and when he elevated the chalice it miraculously had the Precious Blood in it under the appearance of wine.

I know another priest who was bringing Communion to some people in prison and normally there was one guy that he brought Communion to so he only brought one Host. But for some reason there were like 6 guys who came that day to go to confession and receive Jesus. So he figured he could break the one Host into six pieces but when he took the Host out of the thing there was another underneath it. So he gave that Host to one of the men intending to break up the next Host. But again another was underneath it. This happened until all six men had recieved the Holy Eucharist.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

This isn't a flashy miracle but its a story I like.

I know a priest who spent some time in the Holy Land when he was a young man. One night he was wandering the streets of Jerusalem just thinking about Jesus' life and everything and he ended up in a dangerous part of town. He noticed two girls huddled together at the end of an alley with looks of terror on their faces and a band of ferocious looking men coming toward them. Without even thinking he walked in between the girls and the men and without saying a word he stood, facing the men with his arm extended. There was a period of silence and then all the men turned and went away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...