Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ever Seen Something Supernatural?


Recommended Posts

Laudate_Dominum
Posted (edited)

Also I have a friend who was doing a ministry at a prison in Mexico and the guards wouldn't let them come into the prison to minister to the guys. So they got one of those megaphone things and starting preaching the Gospel from outside. While the priest leading the ministry was reading from the Bible through the megaphone all of the guards were slain in the Spirit and the people were able to go in an minister to the prisoners.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum
WCC_Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Mar 26 2004, 03:07 AM'] wait a second.. the demon took your ex-roommate!! what happened? If you don't mind my asking. [/quote]
well ya see she went nuts when i got a picture of the sacred heart of Jesus on the wall. i had to move out because i started to feel that my life was in danger and then i started to really get scared when one night i was late coming into the room so it was like 3 oclock and something was telling me to leave it was like something was waiting for me she was in the room asleep and that was the last straw i moved out about 2 days after that

the strange thing that happened is that i have a crucifix on the door and when the stuff first started to happen before it got her we were going to move and we were trying to get him off of the wall and he would not come off and when i went to move it was like he knew it was time to go because he came off the wall like he had never been up there and now he is on the wall in this room and again i can not take him off the wall. he is my protection!

Sarah Marie :shield: :banana:

Posted

Does anyone have any information about the Mary apparition that supposedly was witnessed by over a million Muslims and Coptics? It was over a coptic church and there is supposedly authentic photos of the event as well-yet the apparition site's name escapes my mind. Anyone familiar with this?

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote]I know a priest who was saying Mass in a remote chapel in Mexico, and in the middle of the Mass the realized they had forgot to bring any wine. The priest didn't know what to do since it wasn't possible to go back for the wine and they had already started the Liturgy of the Eucharist. So for some reason (probably the Holy Spirit) he just kept going. Anyway, he actually said the words of consecration over an empty chalice, and when he elevated the chalice it miraculously had the Precious Blood in it under the appearance of wine.[/quote]

That's awesome...

Posted

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Mar 26 2004, 01:33 PM'] Does anyone have any information about the Mary apparition that supposedly was witnessed by over a million Muslims and Coptics? It was over a coptic church and there is supposedly authentic photos of the event as well-yet the apparition site's name escapes my mind. Anyone familiar with this? [/quote]
This one?

[url="http://biblia.com/apparitions/zeitun.htm"]http://biblia.com/apparitions/zeitun.htm[/url]


God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

anyone ever come out of adoration with the taste of wine on your lips and the feeling that you've been filled with Jesus? i have on numerous occasions, i don't know if there's any precedent for such a type of miracle, but it's really amazing to me when it happens. :)

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote]anyone ever come out of adoration with the taste of wine on your lips and the feeling that you've been filled with Jesus? i have on numerous occasions, i don't know if there's any precedent for such a type of miracle, but it's really amazing to me when it happens.[/quote]

No. I often feel a very strong presence of God during adoration, though.

I went to Mass once and the Precious Blood didn't taste like blood, but it was thick like blood.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Fr. Michael Scanlan (of Franciscan University) has a special gift of praying over infertile couples so that they will have a baby. He's done this for countless couples and it always works. Praise God!

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

When we were engaged, one weekend Matt came down to visit me and while he was there he stayed the night out on his brother's property in a trailer in the woods. He woke up from a dream and felt a presence in the trailer with him. At first, for some reason, he thought it was me, but then he couldn't move and he was suddenly really cold and felt really scared. He started praying and it went away--at this point I *think* he felt another presence come, a good one this time, but I forget--he stayed awake until sunrise and then ran back out to his truck that was parked by the road and slept in his truck for a few hours.

I have a friend who has experienced weird things in her parents home for years. Sometimes she will see a person shaped shadow on the wall when no one is there and she'll say a prayer for them (she believes its souls in need of prayer because she never gets a feeling that its evil) and it goes away. Her sister once got up in the middle of the night and was followed by a glowing "orb" of light--she said it was the Blessed Mother watching over her (again, it wasn't an evil feeling presence, it was more of a protected sensation).

Things like that just give me the willies.

ilovechrist
Posted

fascinasting IcePrincess!!!
sounds like a Christian horror flick.. :lol:

Posted

Yea thats it, thanks ironmonk, you Da maN lol
Has that apparition been approved by the vatican? Whats your take on it

Carson Weber
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Mar 26 2004, 03:13 AM'] I know a priest who was saying Mass in a remote chapel in Mexico, and in the middle of the Mass the realized they had forgot to bring any wine. The priest didn't know what to do since it wasn't possible to go back for the wine and they had already started the Liturgy of the Eucharist. So for some reason (probably the Holy Spirit) he just kept going. Anyway, he actually said the words of consecration over an empty chalice, and when he elevated the chalice it miraculously had the Precious Blood in it under the appearance of wine.

I know another priest who was bringing Communion to some people in prison and normally there was one guy that he brought Communion to so he only brought one Host. But for some reason there were like 6 guys who came that day to go to confession and receive Jesus. So he figured he could break the one Host into six pieces but when he took the Host out of the thing there was another underneath it. So he gave that Host to one of the men intending to break up the next Host. But again another was underneath it. This happened until all six men had recieved the Holy Eucharist. [/quote]
Laudate, are you speaking of Father Stan Holland, T.O.R.?

Carson Weber
Posted

One time I was leaving St. Mary's Catholic Student Center in College Station, Texas at Texas A&M University (where I was working as a front desk receptionist), and before driving off, I walked half a block to grab a smoothie and a Subway sandwich. I then walked back, got into the car, set the sandwich on the passenger seat, and put the smoothie in the drink holder. I pulled out of the parking lot onto the road and came up to a stoplight, where I was waiting for it to turn green so I could make a left turn onto the main drive that runs past the University: University Boulevard, which is about 6 lanes wide. I normally gun it when lights turn green; I'm a race car type of driver. But, for some reason, I was just looking at the Subway sandwich on the passenger seat, and when I looked back at the light, it was already green, so I was a bit late according to my driving standards. And for some odd reason, I didn't gun it, instead, I paused a moment and pulled slowly out, and as I did, a large pickup truck blasted from my left to my right through their red light, while cars were parked going both ways at their red lights while I had my green. If those events concerning my sandwich and my hesitating hadn't happened, I would have had the truck slam into my driver-side door, and I may very well have died b/c it is only a little Chevrolet Cavalier, and I attribute those events to the inspiration and guidance of my guardian angel.

Posted

Something similar happened to my wife......She and I both used to work at night (that's how we met), but anyway...she was driving home early one morning and nodded off. She suddenly awoke to a feeling [i]like someone had shoved her in the shoulder[/i] and realized she was in the other lane with a minivan coming at her. She had enough time to steer out of the way because of that. I like to think that was the hand of her guardian angel. :angel:

Posted

One time when I was a little kid, I was with my mom and my brother at a store. We had been in the store for a while when a man came in and said,

"Did you know someone just hit your car?"

My mom said, no, she didn't. We went outside to go look at it and sure enough, the side mirror had been smashed and the paint was scraped, as if somebody had swiped it with their car.

We looked around for the man who told us about it but he was nowhere to be seen. It was as if he disappeared. I think it was an angel.

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

When my parents were in the middle of a bankruptcy about 10 years ago, we were about half way through a 9-day novena to St. Jude when my dad pulled his rosary out of his pocket and discovered that it had turned gold. He returned to the bookstore to ask if they sold gold rosaries of that style, which they didn't. He took tarnish remover to the rosary to see if the silver had tarnished...the gold hue could not be removed. He took the rosary to a jeweler...24 karot.

I didn't actually see it turn to gold, but man was that one intense experience for a 6th grader!

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Carson Weber' date='Mar 27 2004, 07:37 PM'] Laudate, are you speaking of Father Stan Holland, T.O.R.? [/quote]
Yep! I hope I got the stories right. :)
There are other ones but I can't remember.. You must know some of these stories Carson?
God bless.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted (edited)

There is another priest who shared with me an awesome story that happened to him. (This priest isn't from around here Carson, sorry ;))

Anyway, years ago this priest was sent to Medjugorje (before it was famous) and one night he woke up and everything was on fire, all the trees, everything. He was frantically running around all night with all the terrified people as the pines and the church burned away. They tried to fight the fires but it was too much. Before sundown the fatique of the night was wearing them down and the fires were also beginning to die down a little. So this priest went somewhere and slept. As he was falling asleep he couldn't stop thinking, how could you let this happen Lord? He couldn't understand why the shrine and everything had burned away.. When he woke up the next day everything was totally normal. He said it wasn't a dream, it was totally real, and the other people experienced it too, it wasn't just him.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Well, back a few years ago when I was 12 or so, I read a book about this lady who communicates with suffering souls in purgator they ask of her prayers for them. I awoke out of a deep sleep to be guided to the restroom, when I went back to my bedroom, there was a man there, dressed in shabby clothes, and was holding a candle, and said pray for me. Then the next day it happened again but a different person. After I was finished reading that book, it never happened again.

Secondly, Fr. Peter Rookey, is called the miracle priest, because when he prays over people for their intetnions there always granted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...