Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you want President Bush reelected?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

i cannot vote...alien-itis, but i do not think i would vote for the "liberator of Iraq"

mom25angels
Posted

Well at least he's not an abortionist!!!


VOTE LIFE!!!

Posted (edited)

Life for the unborn, and life for the unforgiven...PRo life needs to be across the board, not another cafetria item thing; but you are right..at least he chooses one way to be pro-life

Edited by Jericho923
mom25angels
Posted

True, true, I'd love a fully prolife candidate but he's the best out there!!!

Posted

BUSH ROX!



at the very least you CANNOT vote for Kerry and feel good about it.


w. Bush i think no one understands the full Iraq story and ppl can mondy-morning quarterback all they want i believe he truly believed this was a just war and he truly believed that Iraq was an eminent threat. Bush is a good God-fearing man and he will do great things for this country and for civilization itself.

then, 2008, JEB BUSH!!! let's go! :cool:

Posted

Hey I am in Canada, but i was curious about something. I personally, felt in favour of the American decision to invade Iraq I thought it was justified. However, i know the Holy Father and others were not convinced and did not support the war. Are we then under this circumstance allowed to support the war?

Posted

ONLY because he is Pro-life and it's a sin to vote otherwise - everything else is sketchy especially since all the dirt is comming out in the 9/11 trials this week <_<

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Jericho923' date='Mar 25 2004, 11:04 PM'] Life for the unborn, and life for the unforgiven...PRo life needs to be across the board, not another cafetria item thing; but you are right..at least he chooses one way to be pro-life [/quote]
Yes, but if you look at Kerry--if he were in Bush's shoes not only would he have started the war (this logically follows since he supported it) but he would also be voting pro-abortion.

I hafta say, I still stick with Bush. He may not be the best but he certainly isn't the worst. I rather like him. :)

Posted

for me, i dont like him at all... not to say that ive really found somebody to like at this point... but i dont know... just something about him... dont like the guy.. eh..

mom25angels
Posted
:D I like him too. My bro in law is in Iraq now. He supports him and is making a much bigger sacrifice right now than I am. Not to mention I believe Bush was sincere in going to war for good reasons. Perhaps if Clinton had spent more time working rather than playing this issue would have been peacefully resolved. Perhaps if bush Sr had just taken care of Saddam in the first place............blah, blah , blah. Hindsight is 20/20. I'm betting George W. prolly feels a little that way too.
Lounge Daddy
Posted

Bush for 2004.

That guy Kerry, I would not back a pretender.

WCC_Catholic
Posted

[quote name='Crusader_4' date='Mar 25 2004, 11:23 PM'] Hey I am in Canada, but i was curious about something. I personally, felt in favour of the American decision to invade Iraq I thought it was justified. However, i know the Holy Father and others were not convinced and did not support the war. Are we then under this circumstance allowed to support the war? [/quote]
i would think that it is one of those cases where the young men are not suppose to me all like running over there but once your country is involed you need to support your troops

Sarah Marie :shield: :banana:

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='Crusader_4' date='Mar 26 2004, 12:23 AM'] ...However, i know the Holy Father and others were not convinced and did not support the war. Are we then under this circumstance allowed to support the war? [/quote]
You know the Pope could not openly support war. Now as I understand it, this is not really a matter of faith, or morals - this was really just a political statment.
Yes, we can support the war.


I have my Bush 2004 bumper sticker on the family van, and it's going to be great to drop a vote for G.W. Bush :cool:

Posted

It seems to me that some of those who posted here are confused about the Church's teaching regarding the death penalty or what our duty as Catholics should be on this issue. There have been some comments regarding being "fully pro-life". This implication, however, is in error. The Church has always taught, and continues to teach, regardless of any individual's personal opinion, that the death penalty is not only permissible but is part of our duty as Catholics to support. This can be seen in the Church's Tradition as well as the Bible, but it is clearly stated in the Catechism of the Council of Trent, not to mention various other writings of the Fathers as well as Saint Thomas Aquinas. Here is the text from the Catechism of the Council of Trent:
Execution Of Criminals
Another kind of lawful slaying belongs to the civil authorities, to whom is entrusted power of life and death, by the legal and judicious exercise of which they punish the guilty and protect the innocent. The just use of this power, far from involving the crime of murder, is an act of paramount obedience to this Commandment which prohibits murder. The end of the Commandment­ is the preservation and security of human life. Now the punishments inflicted by the civil authority, which is the legitimate avenger of crime, naturally tend to this end, since they give security to life by repressing outrage and violence. Hence these words of David: In the morning I put to death all the wicked of the land, that I might cut off all the workers of iniquity from the city of the Lord.
This excerpt is the second of five exceptions to Commandment V. The entire text of the Catechism can be found here: [url="http://www.cin.org/users/james/ebooks/master/trent/tcomm05.htm"]http://www.cin.org/users/james/ebooks/mast...ent/tcomm05.htm[/url]
The Catechism is very clear that it is not only permissible but also in "paramount obedience" to this Commandment, Commandment V, to execute criminals. Many try to argue, erroneously however, that this decree only applies to those nations which cannot maintain proper jailing facilities and cannot maintain order in the society without capital punishment. This opinion too is in error, as the Catechism affirms that the civil authorities are the "legitimate avenger of crime", thus, the institution "by the legal and judicious exercize of [capital punishment] they punish the guilty". The punishment of criminals is just when punished by death. Justice, not protection of the public, is the ultimate end acheived by the death penalty. We must remember the words of Saint Dismas, the Good Theif himself, "My punishment is just". This is a very common misconception among those in the Church today. Please consider your stance on they issue and then conform your will to that of the Church, and thus, that of God Himself. God bless.

Posted

I am going to have to find a pro-life independent candidate to vote for. I will not vote for pro-choice Kerry and I do not care much for Bush. Granted he is pro-life, but that is the only thing he has going for him in my eyes. I really wish there was a different Republican candidate!

popestpiusx
Posted

Amarkich is correct in his assesment of the death penalty. I think there may be some misunderstanding as to what the Church teaches about just war. Contrary to what lounge daddy said, the Pope could in fact openly support the war (unless you meant specifically This War and then it's up for debate). There is nothing about supporting a just war that contradicts Catholic teaching. The real question is "Was this war just". I'll not opine on that subject as it is not the topic of this thread.

As far as voting:
I served four years in the Marines (all under Clinton) and was quite happy when Bush was elected the first time. The Clinton's did tremendous harm to the military and to the country as a whole. I am still happy that Bush was elected but only because the alternative was more evil than I care to think about. In the upcoming election the alternative is even more evil, yet I don't really think Bush is all that great either. He is only marginally pro-life (and I am not talking about the war issue or capital punishment). MAny of his policies have been tailored to please the democrats (the education bill comes to mind). So I am faced witha dilema: Kerry the apostate or Bush the lukewarm? I think I will write in Buchanan.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

This is my first presidential election (I've done other elections, though).

I couldn't possibly vote for Kerry...

And I'm a staunch Republican...

ilovechrist
Posted

pro-choice- Kerry
pro-life- Bush

i think the choice is clear.. even though we COULD have tried to come up with another republican... but this should work out this year :D

Posted

[quote name='Jericho923' date='Mar 26 2004, 01:04 AM'] Life for the unborn, and life for the unforgiven...PRo life needs to be across the board, not another cafetria item thing; but you are right..at least he chooses one way to be pro-life [/quote]
Canada ? they're worse off then we are with liberalism.

Not only does he choose one way to be pro-life, he chooses the greatest need of being prolife.

1.3 million babies a year in the USA alone are killed.

As for the Iraq thing, Kerry voted for it, therefore people who use Iraq against the President must use Iraq against Kerry too.

Kerry's statement on things are determined by the group he's talking to. He claims to be Catholic yet is not Catholic in belief at all. He is a liar without integrity.

SSA marriages, slaughter of babies worldwide paid by the USA, major tax increases which will cause the loss of jobs because companies will cut jobs to save money, the poor will suffer.... are just a few of the things we have to looke [i]forward [/i]to if kerry wins. If kerry wins, we all loose.


God Bless,
ironmonk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...