An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sports

gopherball33

LivinTabernacle

sooo, learning a new language is hard, does that make it a sport? I think that if whether a person wins or loses depends on another person's opinion (judge) then it isn't a sport.

IcePrincessKRS

sooo, learning a new language is hard, does that make it a sport? I think that if whether a person wins or loses depends on another person's opinion (judge) then it isn't a sport.

learning a language doesn't require any sort of physical training or competing. I'd have to side with Dancin' here, too. She's talking serious dance, competitions and the whole 9 yards. They judge gymnastics and things like that--does that make them NOT sports? What about the Olympics? I'm willing to bet that girl has about 5 times the muscle and stamina most of us have.... or what I have at the very least. :P

LivinTabernacle

two words: ribbon dancing. Tell me you can watch that and be like,"Man, what an amazing sport." Also, lets say for instance you want to climb mount Fuji, ON YOUR HANDS!!*dramatic music* You'd have to train hard for that, it would require alot of skill, so should we make it a sport?

Well i consider dance and gymnastics sports ( i was a 2x state champion in gymnastics back in the day)

Now i play Linebacker for the MHS Blue Devils which also happens to be the best school ever in the universe.

I also wrestle and run track.

LivinTabernacle

i was a 2x state champion in gymnastics back in the day
when you were like, 5. Good job B, you can do a cartwheel!!

*to anyone that thinks i'm being mean* i actually am, but i know this kid so it's all gravy.

I cheerlead, and whether it is a sport or not it is the " second most dangerous sport in the country besides Hockey" It is hard work, But i love it :)

I mean if its not a sport How am i a 3 time all american and 2 time all star?

Hee hee I cant wait to cheer next year at Potsdam State, but i dont think it will compare with my IHC cavs

cantstopdancin9

I think we win is what I think! DaNcE iS a SpOrT! If you don't think so...then you try it...I hope you break your ankle trying to chase'!

Dancing is DEFINATLY a sport....

The only thing that puts anything in question such as swimming, cheering, dancing, etc.....is what the definition of sport is....If u think a sport puts u in a situation where u have to react according to the move of the oppsoer, then not even track or swimming are sports....

TempleofVesarius

OK...

dancing....NOT A SPORT...

is it hard work, yes....but its more of an ART than anything else

Cheering....

NOT A SPORT

not even art

its pathetic peppiness and jumping up and down

NASCAR

ALSO NOT A SPORT

PING PONG

NOT A SPORT

BEER PONG

NOT A SPORT

Hunting, fishing et cetera

NOT A SPORT

it is however, SPORTING

and ash...by your thinking, Chess is a sport...

Edited by TempleofVesarius

LivinTabernacle

thank you temple! i'm taking away from dancing or gymnastics or cheerleading( i was actually going to joina co-ed squad my freshman year, no time for it) the problem i have for those things is what i said before, it relies on another person's opinion of who's better. I mean, even in cheerleading, there's a spot where one is scored on how good they look. i mean, honestly now folks...

ok wait....Chess, a sport...maybe....fishing, depends. Ping Pong, & Beer Pong, possibly...pool not so sure about that....But CHeerleading in my opinion is, and dancing definatly. Anything that gets your heart racing, & your body sweating profusly...yea. It doesn't have to be dangerous to be a sport. B/c if that were the case, then common everyday driving, or riding a bike down the street, or shopping would be a sport!

TempleofVesarius

your opinion doesnt matter

its the facts that do

im sorry but POM POMS arent sold at Dicks sporting goods.