IcePrincessKRS Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='MissyP89' post='1903686' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:04 PM']Why has not one made Terra church mil? Seriously?[/quote] Only Dust can change statuses. I thought she used to have it, Lil Red and I were actually pondering that one yesterday. She definitely has my vote to get it, though.
jeffpugh Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903691' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:07 PM']It's actually possible to [i]become[/i] Church Militant? I thought some people were just born that way. There should be a chocolate-for-the-mods sidebar donation thingy.[/quote]
MissyP89 Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 I am still trying to figure out what I did to get mine. (VA isn't church mil either? There is something seriously wrong with this system. )
Sojourner Posted June 28, 2009 Author Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1903692' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:08 PM']Only Dust can change statuses. I thought she used to have it, Lil Red and I were actually pondering that one yesterday. She definitely has my vote to get it, though. [/quote] [quote name='MissyP89' post='1903702' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:14 PM']I am still trying to figure out what I did to get mine. (VA isn't church mil either? There is something seriously wrong with this system. )[/quote] There is no "system." It is, in my view, totally up to Dust's completely arbitrary whims. I had one until I expressed my affection for Chuck Norris, and then Dust took it away (along with, I think, a couple other people). I never got it back. Frankly, the way it's handled makes me feel the flags are completely pointless (except the mods, of course). There are several really great, orthodox posters who don't have it, so at some point you just have to be paying enough attention to form your own opinions about whether someone's posts are worth reading or not. BUT this thread is not about me. It is about how great the mods are when they mediate our disputes and keep us protected from spammers. Yay mods!!!
IcePrincessKRS Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1903754' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:37 PM']There is no "system." It is, in my view, totally up to Dust's completely arbitrary whims. I had one until I expressed my affection for Chuck Norris, and then Dust took it away (along with, I think, a couple other people). I never got it back. Frankly, the way it's handled makes me feel the flags are completely pointless (except the mods, of course). There are several really great, orthodox posters who don't have it, so at some point you just have to be paying enough attention to form your own opinions about whether someone's posts are worth reading or not. BUT this thread is not about me. It is about how great the mods are when they mediate our disputes and keep us protected from spammers. Yay mods!!![/quote] Ooooohhhh yeeeeaaahhhh. I forgot that he took away flags during the Chuck Norris saga. The "system" is kind of flawed, yes. What usually happens is Cmom or Lil Red notices and make a list of a bunch of people they think deserve it, bring that list to Dust's attention and he changes the status. I say Cmom and Red because even though we all end up agreeing with them they are the two who most frequently take note and say something about it. I honestly don't think much about who has a flag or doesn't until someone mentions it.
BG45 Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 (edited) [quote name='MissyP89' post='1903686' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:04 PM']Why has not one made Terra church mil? Seriously?[/quote] It was taken away during the Chuck Norris Wars... Edit: Doh, should've read page two. Edited June 28, 2009 by BG45
BG45 Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 PM's mods jump so quickly on spammers it's unbelievable.
The Bus Station Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 Thanks mods [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1903754' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:37 PM']There are several really great, orthodox posters who don't have it, so at some point you just have to be paying enough attention to form your own opinions about whether someone's posts are worth reading or not.[/quote] I agree completely
Sojourner Posted June 28, 2009 Author Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='BG45' post='1903916' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:36 PM']PM's mods jump so quickly on spammers it's unbelievable. [/quote] that is what prompted the thread
BG45 Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1903998' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:14 PM'] that is what prompted the thread[/quote] The Prayer Room thread, or yet another? heh. Seriously though, I've only had to forward on like two spam messages in my PM box in the two years here.
CatherineM Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 The mods are having to earn their pay today. The lame board had gone nuts.
Resurrexi Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1904319' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:39 PM']The mods are having to earn their pay today. The lame board had gone nuts.[/quote]
Sojourner Posted June 28, 2009 Author Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1904319' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:39 PM']The mods are having to earn their pay today. The lame board had gone nuts.[/quote] Someone started a revolution.
MissyP89 Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 The lame board is our metaphorical ball pit. I love the mods because they let us play, as long as we don't set anything on fire.
Resurrexi Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1904335' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:45 PM'] Someone started a revolution.[/quote] Maybe dUSt should have allowed the posts in the Lame Board to be included in our number of posts.
Hassan Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1903508' date='Jun 28 2009, 09:36 AM']Just a little thread to say thanks for all you do. [/quote] Well THANK YOU. You have NO idea what it is to have such a thankless job
Sojourner Posted June 28, 2009 Author Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904342' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:49 PM']Maybe dUSt should have allowed the posts in the Lame Board to be included in our number of posts.[/quote] Why does it matter? You can change your title already. There are no bigger prizes awaiting you with a higher post count.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now