Resurrexi Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1904344' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:51 PM']Why does it matter? You can change your title already. There are no bigger prizes awaiting you with a higher post count.[/quote] You can get yourself on an earlier page in the list of members by post count.
Sojourner Posted June 28, 2009 Author Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904346' date='Jun 28 2009, 03:54 PM']You can get yourself on an earlier page in the list of members by post count.[/quote] Yeah, because we all check that daily to see what place you're in.
CatherineM Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1904349' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:57 PM'] Yeah, because we all check that daily to see what place you're in. [/quote] I'm not sure I even know how to check that.
tinytherese Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 Thank you mods for taking care of uncharitable debating. I've have had bad experiences with debating on youtube comments because of some people who definitley debated very uncharitably.
IcePrincessKRS Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904342' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:49 PM']Maybe dUSt should have allowed the posts in the Lame Board to be included in our number of posts.[/quote] He did. But then he changed it. It's not called "the ultimate waste of time" for nothing. [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904346' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:54 PM']You can get yourself on an earlier page in the list of members by post count.[/quote] You gave up any chance of having that when you created a new SN. Just sayin'. (In other words you basically threw away your post count.)
Nihil Obstat Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1904396' date='Jun 28 2009, 05:41 PM']Thank you mods for taking care of uncharitable debating. I've have had bad experiences with debating on youtube comments because of some people who definitley debated very uncharitably.[/quote] I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're trying to debate intelligently in Youtube, you deserve it. (but we love you for it.)
Resurrexi Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1904407' date='Jun 28 2009, 05:48 PM']You gave up any chance of having that when you created a new SN. Just sayin'. (In other words you basically threw away your post count.)[/quote] STM was quite the idiot-jerk though...
IcePrincessKRS Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904415' date='Jun 28 2009, 07:52 PM']STM was quite the idiot-jerk though... [/quote] You could have over 8,000 posts now. And a new SN doesn't make you a new person. ETA: that is to say, I get that you're trying to separate yourself from past mistakes, but it's still a part of who you are. We learn and grow from those mistakes, so while it might be embarrassing sometimes it's still part of who we are.
rachael Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1904407' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:48 PM']He did. But then he changed it. It's not called "the ultimate waste of time" for nothing. You gave up any chance of having that when you created a new SN. Just sayin'. (In other words you basically threw away your post count.)[/quote] post count isn't everything. [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1904423' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:55 PM']You could have over 8,000 posts now. And a new SN doesn't make you a new person. ETA: that is to say, I get that you're trying to separate yourself from past mistakes, but it's still a part of who you are. We learn and grow from those mistakes, so while it might be embarrassing sometimes it's still part of who we are.[/quote]
tinytherese Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1904411' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:50 PM']I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're trying to debate intelligently in Youtube, you deserve it. (but we love you for it.)[/quote]
MIKolbe Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904415' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:52 PM']STM was quite the idiot-jerk though... [/quote] aren't you STM?
Resurrexi Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1904477' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:35 PM']aren't you STM?[/quote]
Sojourner Posted June 28, 2009 Author Posted June 28, 2009 (edited) [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1904423' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:55 PM']You could have over 8,000 posts now. And a new SN doesn't make you a new person. ETA: that is to say, I get that you're trying to separate yourself from past mistakes, but it's still a part of who you are. We learn and grow from those mistakes, so while it might be embarrassing sometimes it's still part of who we are.[/quote] Spot on. I have been on PM through quite a bit of stuff in my life, some of which I'd prefer I hadn't shared publicly but there you have it. All that, good and bad, is not only part of who I am but part of what people remember about me. And it shapes their perceptions, for better and for worse. There is not a whole lot I can do about that other than to apologize for the times I've been stupid in the past, move past it myself and try to learn from it, and hope that people are gracious enough to accept me, warts and all. I've been happy to find that most people are more than willing to do that. [quote name='rachael' post='1904426' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:58 PM']post count isn't everything. [/quote] True dat. Edited June 28, 2009 by Terra Firma
homeschoolmom Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1904483' date='Jun 28 2009, 07:39 PM']True dat.[/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now