An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin Stepping Down As Alaska Governor

cappie

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1910034' date='Jul 3 2009, 11:39 PM']I don't know if I could vote for a quitter.[/quote]

Is resigning always mean one is quitting?

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+killers/track/when+you+were+young"]The Killers - When You Were Young[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1910034' date='Jul 3 2009, 10:39 PM']I don't know if I could vote for a quitter.[/quote]

Celestine V resigned from the office of Pope, and he was later canonized.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1910201' date='Jul 4 2009, 01:33 AM']Celestine V resigned from the office of Pope, and he was later canonized.[/quote]

Good thing that's not a balloting process. People would have said "who wants a quitter to be a saint?"

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1910597' date='Jul 4 2009, 09:02 AM']Good thing that's not a balloting process. People would have said "who wants a quitter to be a saint?"[/quote]

:lol_roll:

She should have stepped down as governor when she was nominated for Vice President by the Republican Party.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1910635' date='Jul 4 2009, 11:23 AM']She should have stepped down as governor when she was nominated for Vice President by the Republican Party.[/quote]

:think:

Really? :unsure:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/and+i+thought+my+jokes+were+bad+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad (Album Version)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

i agree...

she doesn't strike me as the type who can walk and chew gum at the same time....

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1910635' date='Jul 4 2009, 11:23 AM']She should have stepped down as governor when she was nominated for Vice President by the Republican Party.[/quote]

She should have stepped down when she nominated a Planned Parenthood board member as a new justice of the State Supreme Court. But then I guess she was a fitting running mate for John McCain, the pro-abortion candidate who claimed to also be solidly pro-life.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1910645' date='Jul 4 2009, 11:40 AM']she doesn't strike me as the type who can walk and chew gum at the same time....[/quote]

That fits most members of the Political Class, doesn't it? She would be in good company in Versailles DC lol

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1910657' date='Jul 4 2009, 09:52 AM']She should have stepped down when she nominated a Planned Parenthood board member as a new justice of the State Supreme Court. But then I guess she was a fitting running mate for John McCain, the pro-abortion candidate who claimed to also be solidly pro-life.[/quote]
Had she resigned as governor of Alaska prior to the November 2008 election she would not have been put into a position where she had to appoint a pro-abortion judge to the state supreme court.

That said, I think that the presidential and vice presidential nominees of both parties should have to resign from any office they hold (local, state or federal), that is, if they wish to accept the nomination of their party. I believe that this should be a standard rule when running for the highest offices in our country in order to avoid any kind of conflict of interest.

CatherineM

It does seem like it would be hard to do a governor's job while campaigning for a year or two.